Chicago Bears Very Interested in Donald

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
true, but AJ was a second round pick...we all know who the first round pick is/was............

McGruber. I was at work and spazzed out when his name was called. I had no idea who he was. All I knew was he looked undersized and all indications were he was a 3-4 OLB. I think Emery got cute in his first draft. The follow draft although Long was somewhat unknown he had NFL pedigree and freakish ability. I'd say Long was less of a "reach" than McGruber. I have faith that Emery will get this right. If Donald is there you have to take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I'm taking a shot in the dark and I say Emery goes secondary in the first round..sures up the d line through free agency and late round picks....again..just my thinkning...

perhaps I'm just setting myself to not be surprised to whatever Phil decides to do at the draft..

one thing is for sure...free agency is about to open up...so once we see who lands where in free agency I think we'll have a slghty better idea of what enery is going to do in the early rounds...(slightly better being heavily emphazised...)

See, I think Emery signs Tillman, adds an anchor tackle, and snags a solid safety in FA. Then goes DE/DT in the draft. Of course, he could just end up drafting a TE in the first round and we'd all drop our jaws.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
McGruber. I was at work and spazzed out when his name was called. I had no idea who he was. All I knew was he looked undersized and all indications were he was a 3-4 OLB. I think Emery got cute in his first draft. The follow draft although Long was somewhat unknown he had NFL pedigree and freakish ability. I'd say Long was less of a "reach" than McGruber. I have faith that Emery will get this right. If Donald is there you have to take him. You can never have too many pass rushers.

I agree I thought Shea was a 3-4th round pick at the time of the draft and kind of disregarded him because i thought he was a 3-4 lb. I though Long was a 2nd round guard/tackle with bug upside.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Looking at Emery's past and infatuation with superior athletes...Look for him to pick one of Justin Gilbert, Aaron Donald, Anthony Barr or Bradley Roby.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This was reported today hence the date.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9424

It's tony Pauline and he keeps rehashing the same information because he has no new information. My guess is he saw the Bears talking to Aaron Donald for a while at the Senior Bowl and ran with it. He keeps rehashing the same stuff because he has no sources and gets no information unless he's there to witness it. The guy is a third rate hack who shouldn't be trusted. Look into him long enough and you'll form the same opinion.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

It's tony Pauline and he keeps rehashing the same information because he has no new information. My guess is he saw the Bears talking to Aaron Donald for a while at the Senior Bowl and ran with it. He keeps rehashing the same stuff because he has no sources and gets no information unless he's there to witness it. The guy is a third rate hack who shouldn't be trusted. Look into him long enough and you'll form the same opinion.

So basically this paragraph is about you!

EDUB316

Liked Posts:

so he is everything you wish you were?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
cowgirls want him right...is it worth a trade back to acquire more pics?
Been saying that for days. With all of our needs on the D side of the ball I don't see the Bears locking into any one player. If a team like Dallas is willing to trade up for Donald take the extra pick and move on to the next player on your board.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Looking at Emery's past and infatuation with superior athletes...Look for him to pick one of Justin Gilbert, Aaron Donald, Anthony Barr or Bradley Roby.
Of that group I would without question take Justin Gilbert, but I din't think he will be there at 14.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of that group I would without question take Justin Gilbert, but I din't think he will be there at 14.

Why not? Who do you think will take him earlier?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The one thing we know about Emery is that he has his own unique evaluation system... he isn't going to take Mel Kiper's best rated.

I have alot of concern with taking a 6'0 285 defensive tackle. Yes he blew up the combine, but i think a 40 time is overrated for a defensive lineman. A guy with size and speed I like, but with speed only, it is a question mark.

Will Emery go undersized again on the D-line? Questionable.

Although I agree on taking the BPA, we need so much help on defense I don't know if I want a boom/bust type prospect. Some solid production at any D-line position is what I prefer, whether or not he is a combine freak.

Finally, Emery likes flexibility in an early pick. Donald is a gap-shooting DT, and that is it.
It's not only the combine that has this kid looking like a mid first round pick, he also had a great season and senior bowl so i think this kid is legit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the Bears would take Jernigan before Donald
I'd be fine with that cause i'm cool with Jernigan or Donald but not Barr cause we have enough OLB's as it is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm taking a shot in the dark and I say Emery goes secondary in the first round..sures up the d line through free agency and late round picks....again..just my thinkning...

perhaps I'm just setting myself to not be surprised to whatever Phil decides to do at the draft..

one thing is for sure...free agency is about to open up...so once we see who lands where in free agency I think we'll have a slghty better idea of what enery is going to do in the early rounds...(slightly better being heavily emphazised...)
I've been saying that i think we should fix our D-Line in free agency and fix MLB,CB and S in the draft because the draft is really weak at DE after Clowney and maybe Ealy. Of course we'll know more when free agency starts and i expect Emery to come out swinging right away like he usually does. I can't wait till March 11th.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Speed Only? Seems like only one other D-lineman benched more. Not saying the benchpress is the be all end all, but he plays pretty strong in what I've seen.

Paea agrees with you regarding bench press.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Emery is very stealthy. I expect the Bears to move out of #14 pick unless they really fall in love with a player. Especially if they resign Henry Melton.

Yeah, maybe Emery is or isn't stealthy, or into smokescreens. I heard the same characterization of JA for years and never believed it, his scouts were dart-throwing chimps.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The one thing we know about Emery is that he has his own unique evaluation system... he isn't going to take Mel Kiper's best rated.

I have alot of concern with taking a 6'0 285 defensive tackle. Yes he blew up the combine, but i think a 40 time is overrated for a defensive lineman. A guy with size and speed I like, but with speed only, it is a question mark.

Remember John Randle? He played around 285 his entire career. Donald has some serious strength, benched the 225 35 times (second among def lineman). However, this is all a smoke screen--no GM's make it known that obvious they want a player in the first round 2 months til the draft

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Sounds like the Bears are trying to drum up interest for Donald. We can probably get a team who really covets him, like Dallas, to trade up for him and get an extra pick in the process.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
I believe this is an Emery smoke screen, I think they are going K. Ealy , or trade back and take S. Criton. I feel they think they will resign Melton, Ratcliff, and get rid of Peppers. I also thin they go after the N. Carolina D.E. Martin. I would be happy with Ealy or Donald. I believe the Bears are getting CB and Safety in FA, and stacking the D line in the draft.

You sure think a lot of very specific things this far ahead of the draft, working for the Bears are you?