Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks have scouts at the Colorado/Kings game tonight. A lot of teams do, but still worth noting considering the Blackhawks don't see either of those teams in the next 1 1/2 months.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
In his last 7 games, Jonathan Toews 11 points.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well Mr. I don't expect any big moves is sure using his bye week to create cap room because they sent down 4 guys

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's just to give them playing time? :shrug:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or a trade is coming this week. Lets consider the individuals sent down...in an eye brow raising move.

Last time we had a 13 game winning streak Bowman couldn't help himself (although Garbutt tried to Reaper an innocent human skating by the bench unawares so I was also clamoring for his removal from representation of Chicago)

Forsling- 1. First possibility is Rozy was activated, going down and not coming back until a trade happens.
2. His recent showcase was intentional on our part, or in talks with someone to look again in this convenient Rozy window. We didn't need to call him up. With 7 defenseman I don't expect him back until the trade deadline. If we never see him again...he stabilized Seabrook by giving a motor to his unit, and imo would not trade given our need to dump Seabs or Hammer soon for cap.

Hino- I thought his surge should guarantee him playoff opportunity. A little dip...a healthy team...and with Smaltz going down and coming back better this move wouldn't surprise me.

Kero- I think he is going down and not coming back, because Ras/Hartman will knock him off the bottom 6.

Smaltz- by far the most surprising, so trade scent is strong here. These 4 aren't a cap relief.

Smaltz just put on an epic showcase in terms of a guy we have with huge trade value, former first performing well with Toews-Panik. He and Forsling could bring back something worth it for sure...I mean we can win the market IMO if we really wanted to.

It might be better to stand pat this time. I don't know.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Honestly, its probably a little bit of both. Keep those guys in a good rhythm and also take advantage of some cap savings (as small as they may be it does add up) because the Blackhawks need to stay flexible.

I wouldn't read too much into it, into who they sent down, etc but it makes sense on a couple of fronts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, its probably a little bit of both. Keep those guys in a good rhythm and also take advantage of some cap savings (as small as they may be it does add up) because the Blackhawks need to stay flexible.

I wouldn't read too much into it, into who they sent down, etc but it makes sense on a couple of fronts.

Well...4 went down and only 3 will come back. Will it be Forsling or Kero or a trade to make room for Rozisaurus' Corpse?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bye week, :shrug: they save about 470,000 towards the cap by sending the younguns down. I think Stanbo will stand pat on trades, but who knows.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well...4 went down and only 3 will come back. Will it be Forsling or Kero or a trade to make room for Rozisaurus' Corpse?
Forsling to make it so Kempny doesn't have to sit any game

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting tired of watching Kempny screw up every game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm getting tired of watching Kempny screw up every game.

Not playing as well as he was at the start of the year, but I still think the Hawks have something there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say Forsling was playing too good and Kero is left down.

Time for Rozi to be the Timo style team effigy and emergency winger.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In his last 7 games, Jonathan Toews 11 points.

Maybe he found the same magic juice that Hossa found after his goal funk last season:)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not playing as well as he was at the start of the year, but I still think the Hawks have something there.

Yeah, I had higher hopes at the beginning of the season but not so much anymore. He's not that young and still seems to mess up way too often.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, Bondra scored .5 points a game his first season in the WHL.

He is one of our most elite prospects, imo...because of his size and versatility.

In his second season, he has scored .97 points per game in the WHL consistently, and for 2 different teams without delay or setback.

He and Forslin should be on schedule to give minutes next year!! If Hartman/Smaltz/Motte take a jump...

You can see why Bowman is hanging up the phone before he even heres the ending to Forsl...

Bondra...Depricat..Pokka...

I mean....we have a few too many off limits guys to make a big trade happen. Nobody wants our platoon of Rockford Swedes?

Darling to Avalanche would put some good grease on the Duchene issue.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the way, Bondra scored .5 points a game his first season in the WHL.

He is one of our most elite prospects, imo...because of his size and versatility.

In his second season, he has scored .97 points per game in the WHL consistently, and for 2 different teams without delay or setback.

He and Forslin should be on schedule to give minutes next year!! If Hartman/Smaltz/Motte take a jump...

You can see why Bowman is hanging up the phone before he even heres the ending to Forsl...

Bondra...Depricat..Pokka...

I mean....we have a few too many off limits guys to make a big trade happen. Nobody wants our platoon of Rockford Swedes?

Darling to Avalanche would put some good grease on the Duchene issue.

I don't see that happening unless Varlamov gets moved 1st. Darling should command 2M+ on his next deal (Emery's 2014 is precedent), and that means the Avs would have 8M+ in net--and likely near 6M of that would be the backup.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but 8M+ is a lot to commit to in net without at least one of the guys in net having some kind of hardware which is not the holy grail.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This is from Friedman's 30 Thoughts column that I posted in the Trade Deadline thread, but there's another Hawk prospect mentioned in it, and the news may not be thrilling:

22. Always check in on potential NCAA signings at this time of year. There are a few teams hoping John Hayden, a 2013 Chicago Blackhawks pick who is finishing his fourth year at Yale, will go the Jimmy Vesey route — not sign, choosing free agency instead. But two NHL clubs who were looking into it say they are losing hope it will happen.

The Blackhawks are now making room for young players, showing there is a route available. The Bulldogs need a big run to qualify for the NCAAs, so the opportunity is there to play in the NHL this season, which burns a year of his entry-level contract.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is from Friedman's 30 Thoughts column that I posted in the Trade Deadline thread, but there's another Hawk prospect mentioned in it, and the news may not be thrilling:

This explains the no trade to me. Bowman is giddy about getting Hayden in. Is willing to let Kero/Hayden/Ras/Hino/Desjardins fight it out for 4th center.

Thanks DMelt.

But I think why the GM's laugh at us not making a move is partly because its Bowman, and partly looking at the farm loaded with so many upside defenders and Forslin/Bondra.

Man...we are in good shape. Just wish Teuvo was here in 2017 run.

I'm not worried about Hayden. I think he is solid to sign with us, thats great news other teams are discouraged. We have a warm fucking spot for him and likely to lose Kruger to Vegas and open another. We might need to promise him we will burn a year of his entry level if he signs with us for 2017 playoff run.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There's also the potential addition of Maxim Shalnov from the khl who was a draft pick in 2011

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see that happening unless Varlamov gets moved 1st. Darling should command 2M+ on his next deal (Emery's 2014 is precedent), and that means the Avs would have 8M+ in net--and likely near 6M of that would be the backup.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but 8M+ is a lot to commit to in net without at least one of the guys in net having some kind of hardware which is not the holy grail.

I'd think Darling can get 4. Which is why I don't see him as long term back-up. At 2, maybe we could swing it if Kruger gets poached.

And I'm fine with keeping him if that can get done and we retain his value, can at least get something for him later.