Chicago Bulls history thread

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
True Pippen was underrated offensively but he didn't have a whole lot of great clutch moments offensively. To me I think his steal at the end of game 6 of the 97 NBA finals was his greatest clutch moment.

Here's something I learned.

Hinrich is the all time leader in 3 pointers made for the Bulls. He passed Gordon who passed Pippen

It took Gordon 5 years to pass and set the record that took Pippen 11 to 12 seasons to set in less attempts then Pippen.

What? Pippen didn't have a lot of clutch games offensively? LOLOLOLOL!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
not his fault he isn't old enough to remember when Jordan went and played baseball and scottie was the go to guy and scored 22 a game while getting 8/9 rebound and 5/6 assists per game while locking down the other teams best defender for 38 min

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
and offensively

Well Pippen has a higher FG% then Gordon but Gordon beats him in PPG, FT%, and 3P% and this is from Pippen's first 11 years with the Bulls from 87-98. Pippen though is the better passer and had a better scoring season with his 22ppg to Gordon's 21.4. Also was in the running for MVP in 94 and a multi time all star which is something BG7 never accomplished with the Bulls.

I guess Pip has the advantage when it's all said and done but I just talking about clutch situation offensively between the 2.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well Pippen has a higher FG% then Gordon but Gordon beats him in PPG, FT%, and 3P% and this is from Pippen's first 11 years with the Bulls from 87-98. Pippen though is the better passer and had a better scoring season with his 22ppg to Gordon's 21.4. Also was in the running for MVP in 94 and a multi time all star which is something BG7 never accomplished with the Bulls.

I guess Pip has the advantage when it's all said and done but I just talking about clutch situation offensively between the 2.

your team can have Gordon, mine can have pippen and Gordon will never get any late game shot off even with pip guarding him lol

and im not sure how you can say the edge goes to Gordon in ppg when pip has the higher career ppg of the two? but either way doesn't much matter cuz pippen > Gordon in any and all situations possible on the basketball court

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
your team can have Gordon, mine can have pippen and Gordon will never get any late game shot off even with pip guarding him lol

and im not sure how you can say the edge goes to Gordon in ppg when pip has the higher career ppg of the two? but either way doesn't much matter cuz pippen > Gordon in any and all situations possible on the basketball court

I was just talking about their Bulls careers mang.

Of course I would take Pippen overall ahead of BG7

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
not his fault he isn't old enough to remember when Jordan went and played baseball and scottie was the go to guy and scored 22 a game while getting 8/9 rebound and 5/6 assists per game while locking down the other teams best defender for 38 min

Yeah, you're right. :yep: Notice his response was to bring up stats. :)

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was just talking about their Bulls careers mang.

Of course I would take Pippen overall ahead of BG7

if you want a more in depth look at the better offensive player look at their advance metrics stats. pip every year got between 5 and 7 offensive win shares per season whereas Gordon on OFFENSIVE win shares had 1 year with 5 and the rest under that and as his career has gone on its gotten worse and worse.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

LOL, I wouldn't take Gordon on today's Bulls team, let alone the all time best Bulls team. Gordon over Pippen? LOLOL! Heck, MJ would punch out Gordons lights for his selfish play! :yep:

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I have question for yall :p

Do you think we would have won the title in 95 with Jordan still playing and no retirement but with the loss of Horace Grant and having to start Perdue and Kukoc at the C and PF spots all season?

I have very little doubt that we would have 4 peated in 94 with Jordan still there and with Pippen playing at a MVP level himself as well as Grant and BJ playing at all star levels. Along with Kukoc giving us 10-11ppg off the bench that season. That probably could have been the best of all the Bulls teams of the 90s if Jordan would have stayed.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Do you think we would have won the title in 95 with Jordan still playing and no retirement but with the loss of Horace Grant and having to start Perdue and Kukoc at the C and PF spots all season?

I have very little doubt that we would have 4 peated in 94 with Jordan still there and with Pippen playing at a MVP level himself as well as Grant and BJ playing at all star levels. Along with Kukoc giving us 10-11ppg off the bench that season. That probably could have been the best of all the Bulls teams of the 90s if Jordan would have stayed.

better than 72 - 10? naw prolly not...but I do agree they could have won those 2 years if Jordan had stayed playing. but oh well...they also may of been able to win another 1 or 2 at the end of it all had Jordan and phil(pushed out) not left

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
better than 72 - 10? naw prolly not...but I do agree they could have won those 2 years if Jordan had stayed playing. but oh well...they also may of been able to win another 1 or 2 at the end of it all had Jordan and phil(pushed out) not left

You think the 72 win sqaud was better then the 91-92 squad? The first title run had the best playoff record of the 6 championships.

also you think that the 95 squad with no very little rebounding and shot blocking would have won it all?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't see any reason to say no because Kukoc was a very good player and could've shined if he was starting instead of coming off the bench as a role player. Starting Perdue at center isn't really a huge deal...iirc they had signed Longley in 94 anyway, but regardless the 90s Bulls operated without any studs at center. They could've started anyone at center and have been fine. The only issue I see is Kukoc getting bullied in the post. I can't recall how good his post defense was, but it's possible that he could've been overwhelmed on that end. Though, you can argue that as a wash as whoever was bullying him likely couldn't guard him on the other end either. So...I'll go with a yes. Why vote against Jordan and Pippen while both were still in their primes?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You think the 72 win sqaud was better then the 91-92 squad? The first title run had the best playoff record of the 6 championships.

also you think that the 95 squad with no very little rebounding and shot blocking would have won it all?

yes I do think the 72 win squad was the best ever. and the 95 team had they had Jordan would have won I think as well. but had Jordan not retired we may not of gotten the 72 wins in 96, who knows? just have to enjoy it for what it was, not what it could have been

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;iY3QJM107yA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY3QJM107yA[/video]

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
LOL, I wouldn't take Gordon on today's Bulls team

lets not get ridiculous

i rather have prime BG getting minutes then current Kirk

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
lets not get ridiculous

i rather have prime BG getting minutes then current Kirk

Talk about being ridiculous. I'd take a 'primetime' Brian Scalabrine rather than the current Kirk. :dunno:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you would take any prime player, why BG? Wouldn't you use those wishing powers for prime MJ? LOL

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If you would take any prime player, why BG? Wouldn't you use those wishing powers for prime MJ? LOL

if i had a wish for any prime player then obviously it would be MJ

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The funny thing about that 94 team, is that the Bulls had some PF options in FA. A few of whom were rumored to have the Bulls on their short list.
Cheap Jerry! Any SGs worth a damn were locked up by Jordan's retirement. Pete Meyers wound up being a steal for the season.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Talk about being ridiculous. I'd take a 'primetime' Brian Scalabrine rather than the current Kirk. :dunno:

the ultimate trio
Screen-Shot-2013-06-06-at-2.04.52-PM.png