Chicago Bullseye 105: Loyalty Talk

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
In fairness to Toni, an aged Ron Harper was the 2nd leading scorer on the 99 Bulls, and he shot 37% from the field that year. Brent Barry was the 3rd leading scorer, and he was a major disappointment. Small hands Simpkins was 4th. In other words, I think you can make an argument that the roster surrounding Toni Kukoc that year was the worst roster in NBA history. Really, Toni and Barry were probably the only NBA-quality players (Harper, Wennington and Randy Brown were old and they sucked), and Barry barely. Your FG% is going to come down when you are surrounded by a sea of crap.

Yeah, relative to the rest of the league there has probably never been a worse offensive team. That they were at least decent defensively is the only thing that allowed them to win any games at all.

I guess the thing about Toni is you can't really know how he'd do on an average team because he didn't play on one in his prime, he either played on great ones or awful ones. But it's pretty hard to look at what a guy did as the 4th best player and draw a lot from it. You put Gordon on a team with Jordon/Pippen/Rodman and ask him to play as the "point" guard and I'm sure he'd look awesome too. Heck, with the three point line moved in as it was, I'd be disappointed if he wasn't hitting 50% from three.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Comparing Gordon to World B Free is a pretty big compliment. World B Free was second in the league in scoring twice. Heck, he was top 5 in FTA five times. If Gordon was actually that good I'd be on the "we made a huge mistake not resigning that guy" bandwagon.

I only meant in style, I think Free was a better playe...no doubt. THAT is the undersized guard you want next to Rose if you have to have one. He was sick...same with Andrew Toney, though Free had a better career. But I understand what you mean...and I stand corrected if the comparison was misleading...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Actually I just love his name, the NBA needs a player with a cool name like World B. Free. Kudos to him for changing it from the boring Lloyd.