Chicago Cubs (38-56) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (54-40) 7/23-25 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its 2am for me in chicago and i hope for cubs fans sake he is traded before his start.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Off topic but you have to like what the Stros have done. I am kind of glad they are moving out of the division because a non-Ed Wade ran Astros might actually be a threat in a few years.

I've been very impressed with their moves over the past couple of years. A lot of young talent, and they aren't like Pittsburgh and to a degree Milwaukee. They'll have the cash to hold onto them when FA time comes.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
its 2am for me in chicago and i hope for cubs fans sake he is traded before his start.

Sent from my Fischs grocery store using Tapatalk

Yeah, all the reporters and tweety birds have gone to bed. We won't hear anything for another 5-6 hours, even if a deal has been struck in the past couple of hours.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Lineup: DeJesus cf, Castro ss, Rizzo 1b, LaHair rf, Clevenger c, Valbuena 3b, Barney 2b, Campana lf, Dempster p

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo trade win :woot:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay Dempster, don't suck!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goddammit Dempster :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Dempster at this point. It is his right to deny a trade, but it is my right to be pissed off that he lead us on to believe that he had anything more than a 1 team list.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Dempster at this point. It is his right to deny a trade, but it is my right to be pissed off that he lead us on to believe that he had anything more than a 1 team list.

I asked this on our facebook page in a comment on a thread, but could anyone gather up a list of Dempster quotes pertaining to the trade situation and we can see whether he actually said the words "I would accept a trade" with some context? Just curious.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah, so that's why Tony Campana doesn't play every day...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strikeouts are good. Are you down with FIP?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I asked this on our facebook page in a comment on a thread, but could anyone gather up a list of Dempster quotes pertaining to the trade situation and we can see whether he actually said the words "I would accept a trade" with some context? Just curious.
These are the quotes from BleacherNation from Dempster a month ago:
“I think I would be doing everybody in that locker room and anybody who is a Cubs fan and most importantly the Cubs organization a huge disservice if I didn’t put all my focus and attention on trying to make my start and do the best I can to help us win,” Dempster said Wednesday on The Waddle & Silvy Show. “By doing that you’re ultimately helping the team. You’re in a situation where if it does happen they are going to do what’s best for the Chicago Cubs, and I’m all for that.”
"I don’t know what direction they want to go, I don’t know any of those answers,” Dempster continued later. “Whatever it ends up being I’ll have to take a look at it and see what’s the best for me, best for the Cubs and I respect that and I understand that.

“Hopefully I’m here, but if not it’s somewhere that can ultimately give them the best opportunity to improve the Cubs for the future. I believe I’m a part of that and trying to help us for the future and help us for the present as well.”

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read it how you want, but I still stand by the comment that he would be getting a lot less grief if he had just said that if the Cubs make a deal that they would listen to him. Instead if he had been in the loop in the whole time as he has said then he should have said that he would only go to the Dodgers unless they said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.