Chiefs liked Trubisky They were making calls about him before the Bears took him

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did the Chiefs love dear sweet Mitchell, or did Nagy love him, or both?

If the OC likes a QB that's nice, he gets 1/3 of a vote, scouts get 1 vote, Reid gets 10 votes.

If they hire Nagy it's great that he and Trubisky already have a "relationship". I guess if Negan really loves Mitch that would improve his chances of impressing George.

This does concern me that if NAGY has already in a serious relationship with Mitchell that maybe PACE gets influenced too much by Trubisky input at the interviews and is swayed to NAGY over the superior choice of Josh McDaniels.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
For this reason, although highly unorthodox, The Frisky One will be conducting the Nagy interview . . .

. . . With "Sweaty" Teddy, of course . . .

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
after the draft, schefter speculated that pace tied up the line with the niners so they work something out with him and no one else. when they pulled off the trade, the browns (and now the chiefs) were left with their dick in their hands because they thought trubs would last past 3.

pace is boss.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummmmm, it doesn’t change the narrative. KC was looking to trade up to like #5 to get Trubisky...

It also doesn't change the narrative that most teams thought they would be able to draft Trubisky AFTER the Bears' pick. Its why Sashi Brown made assurances to Browns' ownership that he would get Trubisky and clearly didn't and its why Pace and the GMs drafting after the Bears were fielding calls. Pace took Trubisky and the lines suddenly died. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited:

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
If any of these tweets are to be believed as having an actual factual Chief's source and not just the product of the chicago sports media rumour mill then one can only imagine how literally "besides himself" an OC and QB guru like Josh McDaniels is about the opportunity to coach up and call plays for our dear sweet Mitchell and I can not wait to hear about tweets that might suggest the kind of excitement I would expect from an offensive mind like his, as well.

This has got to be the longest sentence without a period I have ever seen, good lord.

I was listening to ESPN 1000 this morning, Kap & Co. and they talked with Mitch Holtus (play by play announcer for Chiefs) about the connection between Trubisky & Nagy. Apparently Nagy has remained in contact with Mitch going back all the way to before the draft & is very much a fan and supporter. I have to believe this will bode well for his interview if he's such a huge fan of Trubisky and is totally buying in on his future. I want our new HC to come in already believing Trubisky has all the tools and potential to be a top tier QB. The more I read and hear about these candidates, the more I like Nagy & Defilippo and the more I want to move away from McDaniels.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably another Shoopster alt. Pay no mind Hotwheelz24.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It also doesn't change the narrative that most teams thought they would be able to draft Trubisky AFTER the Bears' pick. Its why Sashi Brown made assurances to Browns' ownership that he would get Trubisky and clearly didn't and its why Pace and the GMs drafting after the Bears were fielding calls. Pace took Trubisky and the lines suddenly died. Coincidence? I think not.

Completely agree. But I think the contention is that Pace didn’t need to trade up. It would have been a surprise enough drafting him at #3.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree. But I think the contention is that Pace didn’t need to trade up. It would have been a surprise enough drafting him at #3.

And the whole opposition to that contention is why risk it if you knew multiple teams wanted him and you were not sure if they were talking to San Fran....why risk it?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This has got to be the longest sentence without a period I have ever seen, good lord.

I was listening to ESPN 1000 this morning, Kap & Co. and they talked with Mitch Holtus (play by play announcer for Chiefs) about the connection between Trubisky & Nagy. Apparently Nagy has remained in contact with Mitch going back all the way to before the draft & is very much a fan and supporter. I have to believe this will bode well for his interview if he's such a huge fan of Trubisky and is totally buying in on his future. I want our new HC to come in already believing Trubisky has all the tools and potential to be a top tier QB. The more I read and hear about these candidates, the more I like Nagy & Defilippo and the more I want to move away from McDaniels.

This is big if actually true.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This does concern me that if NAGY has already in a serious relationship with Mitchell that maybe PACE gets influenced too much by Trubisky input at the interviews and is swayed to NAGY over the superior choice of Josh McDaniels.

Because you always want someone who wants to bring in a back up from the team they came from when you just drafted a QB with the #11 or #2 pick. That's literally the superior choice.

I don't think anyone said they had a serious relationship, just friends with benefits. Bellamy is the only one in a serious relationship with someone on the Bears staff.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If that is true Nagy should be the #1 choice. If that relationship looks to be as strong as is being reported, the trust factor between the 2 is already there. Not going to lie a little exciting to hear.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that is true Nagy should be the #1 choice. If that relationship looks to be as strong as is being reported, the trust factor between the 2 is already there. Not going to lie a little exciting to hear.

I think you hire whom you believe to be the best coach regardless of a relationship.

If there is a better coach and x and o guy, go for that first.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
League had to know we were targeting a QB. We had a young GM, just released Cutler, and had Mike fucking Glennon. Not sure why people think it was shocking we took one at 2, or would have at 3.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I haven't seen anything to indicate they are exclusive, I can't imagine this would be the deciding factor. This isn't college where you bring in the kids HS coach or Dad as an 'assistant coach' to get the kid. I hope George and Teddy are above that.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
League had to know we were targeting a QB. We had a young GM, just released Cutler, and had Mike fucking Glennon. Not sure why people think it was shocking we took one at 2, or would have at 3.

Mike fucking Glennon was going to be the starter for the entire 2017 season. It turned out he sucks, some people saw it coming, Pace did not. At the time of the draft the rest of the league knew that Pace thought Mike fucking Glennon was the Bears QB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

But if he locked up the 49er phone so no one could potentially trade up to #2 and then not trade in the last instant, he would have burnt some serious bridges throughout the NFL and not just in SF.

In the end, it was a small price to pay to assure the player they wanted.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

We just paid Glennon $18M however, that’s sure sounds like starting QB money to me. I don’t think many teams thought CHI would take Trubisky at #2, let alone #2. But who really knows...?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think most teams thought they were taking Jamal Adams at 3.