Chiefs liked Trubisky They were making calls about him before the Bears took him

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if he locked up the 49er phone so no one could potentially trade up to #2 and then not trade in the last instant, he would have burnt some serious bridges throughout the NFL and not just in SF.

In the end, it was a small price to pay to assure the player they wanted.

burnt bridges? That isn't going to burn bridges.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But if he locked up the 49er phone so no one could potentially trade up to #2 and then not trade in the last instant, he would have burnt some serious bridges throughout the NFL and not just in SF.

In the end, it was a small price to pay to assure the player they wanted.

I agree on the burnt bridges thing but fwiw they have multiple phones and multiple people fielding calls on draft day so that the GM/HC is only fielding the call which is of most importance or value. He is relayed information on other trades even while actively fielding a call.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree on the burnt bridges thing but fwiw they have multiple phones and multiple people fielding calls on draft day so that the GM/HC is only fielding the call which is of most importance or value. He is relayed information on other trades even while actively fielding a call.

no one forced San Fran to stay on the phone..........the whole narrative of Bears pissing people off from a phone call that went on too long is just ridiculous....

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
If that is true Nagy should be the #1 choice. If that relationship looks to be as strong as is being reported, the trust factor between the 2 is already there. Not going to lie a little exciting to hear.

I strongly recommend listening to/downloading the audio file for that segment. I stayed in my truck when I got to work for a few minutes I was so intrigued from what he was saying. Hopefully this link works, the file to choose is hour 3...

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/podcast/archive/_/id/13678310

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no one forced San Fran to stay on the phone..........the whole narrative of Bears pissing people off from a phone call that went on too long is just ridiculous....

*Double take*

Did you read that post correctly?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was adding to your post...not subtracting

Okay because I don't agree anyone can stop other trades from happening aside from acting like you're going to make a trade and pulling out at the last second. That is the sort of shit that blacklists you across the league with other GMs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that is the rumor, but who knows if the KC conversation continued they may have went higher.....if you have your guy you don't fuck around....what Pace did was just fine.

I wouldn't be surprised is Pace got a call and Fleecageddon rained down upon us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay because I don't agree anyone can stop other trades from happening aside from acting like you're going to make a trade and pulling out at the last second. That is the sort of shit that blacklists you across the league with other GMs.

teams are always fielding calls about trading up or down sometimes they get close in a discussion and they trade doesn't work out......it was a bit of gamesmanship but there will not be any blacklist. The last time a team was pissed at us was the Raven debacle two GMs ago.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
teams are always fielding calls about trading up or down sometimes they get close in a discussion and they trade doesn't work out......it was a bit of gamesmanship but there will not be any blacklist. The last time a team was pissed at us was the Raven debacle two GMs ago.

That is exactly what I am talking about. When a team agrees to a trade but when the league checks on the trade they play stupid about it. That is how you get your ass hated across the league and are denied trades from there on.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is exactly what I am talking about. When a team agrees to a trade but when the league checks on the trade they play stupid about it. That is how you get your ass hated across the league and are denied trades from there on.

What Pace did was not as far gone as what Angelo did.......Angelo basically got it to an agreed upon done deal. Pace was just negotiating.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:

what about when you agree to a trade but then forget to file it with the league in time because you were too busy celebrating? what do other GMs think of you then?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What Pace did was not as far gone as what Angelo did.......Angelo basically got it to an agreed upon done deal. Pace was just negotiating.

I never said Pace did that. I said that is the only way to burn bridges.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what about when you agree to a trade but then forget to file it with the league in time because you were too busy celebrating? what do other GMs think of you then?

Sounds like a dubious excuse but at the very least you would be considered a moron if true.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think you hire whom you believe to be the best coach regardless of a relationship.

If there is a better coach and x and o guy, go for that first.
Not if he his not sold on the franchise QB

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How do you know Pace didn't agree to the deal?

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk