Chiefs liked Trubisky They were making calls about him before the Bears took him

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So does the make me a cheater flying drones over my opponents practices?

That depends. Is the practice open to the public? If so then there is no difference to you standing there versus using a drone. Well, except for the fact you can physically stand for more than 20 to 30 minutes and a drone can barely fly that long.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What? Loser mentality? How many SBs has Belichick won again? Nobody minds bending the rules when it benefits themselves. It's just when it only benefits others that it pisses them off.

The difference is that BB and the Patriots don't need to cheat to win. They're already good enough without it. Its BB's addiction to always wanting to win that has driven him to the desperation of cheating to stay on top. Just like Lance Armstrong. Bunch of insecure overcompensating fucking losers.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So does the make me a cheater flying drones over my opponents practices?

Are these the drones that keep crashing in your neck of the woods?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Was he right? There's no indication he didn't want Cutler but he want Cassell more and tried to lie about which was the trade forcer.

Somehow taking it to he didn't like Cutler and simply wanted him gone is the case. And Cassel had 1 year of playing well after his Pats stint and that wasn't really a indication he'd of been better than if McDaniels simply didn't screw up the scenario being a dirtbag.

This spin that he was right on Cutler is hilarious. How was he right, that he thought Cassell would be better? Then why did Cutler last longer as a starter, get picked up as a starter and is able to refuse being a backup?
No he wasn't right on Cutler, he was wrong on Cassell and handled the Cutler situation about as bad as it possibly could be handled so not only did he lose Cutler without getting Cassell he ended up with Orton and Tebow instead.

Probably all he had to do was discuss possible trades with Cutler instead of treating him like property to be forced to go where McD said. (Equally ridiculous was that it was to be some kind of video game orchestrated 3 way trade.)

I think he handled the situation shitty, but simply not wanting McD because: he got rid of Cutler so of course he'll get rid of Trubisky is nonsensical.

I haven't seen anyone say that (I have been speed scrolling today). I see that he gutted Denver wanting everything his way. He could love Trubisky but still manipulate all our good players to want out and it would be just as bad.

The difference is that BB and the Patriots don't need to cheat to win. They're already good enough without it. Its BB's addiction to always wanting to win that has driven him to the desperation of cheating to stay on top. Just like Lance Armstrong. Bunch of insecure overcompensating fucking losers.

I don't know if that can accurately be said. We only know about the cheating he's been caught at. Pressure on Brady's balls was probably minor. Bugging other team's headsets was pretty major (and considering McD tried to continue with the lockerroom that practice could be something they rely on).

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Originally Posted by modo
I think he handled the situation shitty, but simply not wanting McD because: he got rid of Cutler so of course he'll get rid of Trubisky is nonsensical.

I haven't seen anyone say that (I have been speed scrolling today). I see that he gutted Denver wanting everything his way. He could love Trubisky but still manipulate all our good players to want out and it would be just as bad.

McD has already done that once with Cutler in Denver, so he has a history of not being in love with the recently drafted 1st round pick and is not afraid of letting him know it.

Reactions: Myk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sold on McD being a better person and more mature than he was 7 years ago......he is a smart offensive mind, but I think we can find that in another coach sans the cheating and douche attitude.
I think his is a classic case of trying way too hard way too soon when the opportunity came along. I'm sure he did learn from the experience, I've read about and heard him say as much.

belichick actually seems like he might be a nice, funny dude. he just doesnt like the dealing with the media and answering the bs "questions" that dealing with them consists of. and can you blame him?

hes interested in coaching football not standing at a podium dealing with nonsense.
Do get the feeling Belichick is well liked and gets mad respect from the players. As far as the media goes I think it's more about protecting his team. You have to know he's not going to tell you anymore about any player than you already know and he's not going to be calling any of the players out so expect short answers cause it's all he has ever and will ever give to the press.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What? Loser mentality? How many SBs has Belichick won again? Nobody minds bending the rules when it benefits themselves. It's just when it only benefits others that it pisses them off.

Fuck that. If we won due to cheating it would be very hollow for me. I don't even like when refs miss calls in our favor if it's one sided.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I don't know why people are still worked up about the Bears giving up a few mid round picks. Teams have given up WAY more than that even it they just moved up one spot. It's not like the Bears moved up one spot in the middle of the first round or the middle of the draft, they moved up in the top 3. Teams have given up 2nd round picks to move up 2 spots or 1st round picks to move up a few spots.

Trubisky should ask the NFL if he can change his number to 33. That way he can trigger people about the to 3rd round picks the Bears traded.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
10m10 minutes ago
That’s true but also fact that they always had Mahomes ahead of Trubisky

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
10m10 minutes ago
That’s true but also fact that they always had Mahomes ahead of Trubisky

Hard for me to believe that now.

Obviously they would say they liked Mahomes more now the whole time since he's the one they were actually able to get.

Reminds me of all the "Redskins liked RGIII even more than Luck" stuff that came out after that draft.

No one wants a consolation prize at QB.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hard for me to believe that now.

Obviously they would say they liked Mahomes more now the whole time since he's the one they were actually able to get.

Reminds me of all the "Redskins liked RGIII even more than Luck" stuff that came out after that draft.

No one wants a consolation prize at QB.

I know for a fact Trubisky was #1 on the Chiefs board. And after the draft while talking with local media, Chiefs coaches refused to say Mahomes was “their guy” in the draft, when it would’ve been so easy to do so. Why would they do that? Who knows, but it speaks to what we know the truth was.

In any case, who knows. Maybe Mahomes will be better than Trubisky, although I doubt it. But it proves that Reid and Nagy liked Trubisky, which is pertinent if they hire Nagy.

AussieBear

In before Aussie. :trollbisky:

these motherfuckers be acting like its 1978 and call waiting doesnt exsist... tying up phone lines me ass.. btw besides CALL WAITING people have more than one line in a building... ppl also have cell phones.. for christ sakes..

YOU PEOPLE dont get it.. pace outplayed pace.. trubs wouuld have been there at 3..

pace went and got his man cause he panicked. didnt have to but he did.. cost hims some picks.. thats the truth.. if pace hits or misses with trubs will it matter? one will never know.. cause one will never know what those other picks could have netted .. be it selections, trades etc..

chiefs were going up to 5.. aint nobody going up to 2 for trubs expect for ryan.....

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
The Green rooms not only have more than one phone they have more than one person on the phones.
Which means the Browns could have easily been on the line with the Bears & 49ers on different lines with different people all communicating equally.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
League had to know we were targeting a QB. We had a young GM, just released Cutler, and had Mike fucking Glennon. Not sure why people think it was shocking we took one at 2, or would have at 3.

Maybe because of things like this....

2017 Mocks

(NFL.com)
Daniel Jeremiah: Solomon Thomas note: Browns take Trubisky at 12
Mike Mayock: Marshon Lattimore note: Titans trade #5 to Browns for Trubisky
Charley Casserly: Jamal Adams note: Jags trade #4 to Browns for Trubisky
Lance Zierlein: Jonathan Allen note: Browns take Trubisky at 12

(Walter football)
Solomon Thomas note: Browns take Trubisky at 12

(CBS sports)
Browns trade 49ers for Trubisky at #2
then Bears take Jamal Adams

(SI)
Jamal Adams note: Browns trade Jags #4 for Trubisky

(Fox sports)
Marshon Lattimore note: Jags take Trubisky

(ESPN)
Jamal Adams note: Browns take Trubisky at 12

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, I hope that Pace moves on nagy. With all of these negative reports coming out of NE, I think coordinators will be looking to jump ship and McDaniels will be On his best behavior to get a job.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Back to topic of Nagy, I am not so sure being a fan and supporter of Trubisky gives Nagy a leg up or not.

I remember Arians came in his interviews being a big fan and supporter of the big $$ QB Cutler, reportedly saying he can and will work with Cutler and even asked for Cutler to join in his interview schedule at Halas Hall.

I still think (fear) that truly innovative leadership is not welcome in Halas Hall ... just as they saw back then Trestman as a better "Dilbert" type candidate than the outspoken Arians with a clear vision.

I am following this HC search with great interest.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Were you paying attention during draft time when everyone was in shock (including Fox)?
Makes sense we targeted a QB in my eyes. Glennon wasn't a long term solution despite what we paid him. It's an opinion, and I paid attention. Guess I'm in the minority. It's all good. Everyone gets so snarky over stuff.