Chiefs liked Trubisky They were making calls about him before the Bears took him

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think you hire whom you believe to be the best coach regardless of a relationship.

If there is a better coach and x and o guy, go for that first.

This plus 10000 I agree 100000%

Many ignoramuses will say that the new coach will need to literally be "all in" on Trubisky but firstly, what candidate isn't going to say he's absolutely committed to dear sweet Mitchell? Secondly, if that isbthe basis for the hire then how do you determine which coach is the most in love with Mitchell as a prospect or thinks he is or will be a franchise calibre elite QB? Thirdly, if Trubisky fails don't the bears want to be able to literally cut the bait from the line as soon as possible, if so, don't you want to have a head coach for the next attempt at qb? Fourthly, if you only bring in someone who is deeply infatuated with Mitchell then what happens to the rest of the dressing room full of players?

Lots of ponderings to consider here over just the qb/head coaching relationship dynamics!

baredown

Liked Posts:
I agree on the burnt bridges thing but fwiw they have multiple phones and multiple people fielding calls on draft day so that the GM/HC is only fielding the call which is of most importance or value. He is relayed information on other trades even while actively fielding a call.

Correct. I believe the NFL has an extensive telecom (VOIP) configuration deployed for the draft that provides every team's war room with a direct live connection to every other team's war room. There's no dialing involved; any team can instantly talk with any other team, regardless of what other communications are going on. The idea of an NFL team's communications during the draft depending on a single phone line is, well, silly...

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
It's hilarious to watch people STILL have a pissing match about what Pace gave up for Mitch Trubiski..who gives a fuck?

It's two 3rd's and a 4th rounder. If Mitch is probowler two years from now, guess who will give a fuck about what he gave up? Nobody.

On the flip side, if Trubiski winds up a bust, it wouldn't have mattered if Pace drafted him at 3 or 2. Let's say Pace didn't trade up and still drafted Mitch, if he was a bust, do you think he would still get a pass? No.

It all rides on Mitch becoming a franchise QB or not.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike fucking Glennon was going to be the starter for the entire 2017 season. It turned out he sucks, some people saw it coming, Pace did not. At the time of the draft the rest of the league knew that Pace thought Mike fucking Glennon was the Bears QB.

The rest of the league also reads CCS for intel and thought the Bears were taking a safety... :shifty:

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:

Many ignoramuses will say that the new coach will need to literally be "all in" on Trubisky but firstly, what candidate isn't going to say he's absolutely committed to dear sweet Mitchell? Secondly, if that isbthe basis for the hire then how do you determine which coach is the most in love with Mitchell as a prospect or thinks he is or will be a franchise calibre elite QB? Thirdly, if Trubisky fails don't the bears want to be able to literally cut the bait from the line as soon as possible, if so, don't you want to have a head coach for the next attempt at qb? Fourthly, if you only bring in someone who is deeply infatuated with Mitchell then what happens to the rest of the dressing room full of players?

Lots of ponderings to consider here over just the qb/head coaching relationship dynamics!

Dude, you put way too much effort into this persona for a message board. Do you realize that when you say "literally cut the bait" that actually means you're physically cutting bait from a fishing line? Ugh, whatever.

Anyways, about your post...when you refer to Trubisky failing and moving on as quick as possible...how much time are you talking about? It will likely take 2-3 years before you can really say you gave a young QB (who you drafted at #2) a good chance to learn a system and show what he's all about. I strongly believe the next HC will have at LEAST 3 years to run this team and by then we will definitely know if Trubisky is the real deal or not. If the coach is fired after 3 years, that means Trubisky (after a total of 4 years) has not panned out, and at that point you're probably getting rid of both the HC and QB. I really don't feel like that will happen though.

Oh and about your first point...what if a candidate says during the interview that he doesn't like what he sees in Mitch? I would not be shocked at all if McDaniels isn't fully bought in. Just because they agree to an interview doesn't mean they are dead set on Mitch being a franchise QB. For all we know, someone could say they want to trade Mitch and sign Cousins or Bridgewater or Keenum. Granted, Pace would absolutely never do this, but the difference between the guy we hire and the ones we don't could be just how much they believe Mitch is/can be everything we hope for.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you know Pace didn't agree to the deal?

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

because no one has said or confirmed this....it was confirmed in the Angelo incident.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
sashi gonna sashi

the aj mccarron trade from earlier this season...

xD

Talk about failing your owner on QB acquisitions

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
burnt bridges? That isn't going to burn bridges.

Do you recall when Angelo accidentally forgot to call in the trade with the Ravens and how he burnt his bridges with the Ravens because of it?

How do you think the NFL would have reacted after finding out that Pace had deliberately fucked over the 49ers?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

what candidate isn't going to say he's absolutely committed to dear sweet Mitchell?
McD has already done that once with Cutler in Denver, so he has a history of not being in love with the recently drafted 1st round pick and is not afraid of letting him know it.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
That Nagy report is interesting. Also consider his team needed a QB. And was targeting one.

Maybe Flip feels the same way about Trubisky? Or Shurmur? Or McDaniels?

Could also be trying to let Pace know before his interview that he loves Trubisky. Get his attention a little bit.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Not saying it's a bad thing. I love Nagy. Also have to wonder why that leaked out. Unless it was intentional.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you recall when Angelo accidentally forgot to call in the trade with the Ravens and how he burnt his bridges with the Ravens because of it?

How do you think the NFL would have reacted after finding out that Pace had deliberately fucked over the 49ers?

I addressed this already......I thought Pace got fleeced by the niners?...now he fucked them?.....no one forced the niners to stay on the line with the Bears......

the fucking ridiculous narratives around here......this is how our society has so many stupid conspiracy theories.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
McD has already done that once with Cutler in Denver, so he has a history of not being in love with the recently drafted 1st round pick and is not afraid of letting him know it.

I would hope we do a better vetting job of McD than the Broncos did......and frankly, he was right about Cutler. Simply because you don't like one new QB doesn't mean you hate all new QBs......

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I would hope we do a better vetting job of McD than the Broncos did......and frankly, he was right about Cutler. Simply because you don't like one new QB doesn't mean you hate all new QBs......

Was he right? There's no indication he didn't want Cutler but he want Cassell more and tried to lie about which was the trade forcer.

Somehow taking it to he didn't like Cutler and simply wanted him gone is the case. And Cassel had 1 year of playing well after his Pats stint and that wasn't really a indication he'd of been better than if McDaniels simply didn't screw up the scenario being a dirtbag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myk

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always hear and see the Pace/49ers draft day trade incorrectly remembered. It’s not that Pace (or the Bears) had 49ers tied up on their one line (lol), it’s that Pace had the 49ers on the phone trading for the 2nd spot AND the Browns on the other line discussing terms on the 3rd pick. Pace kept the Browns busy believing they were going to get the 3rd pick, presumably for Trubisky, while ensuring they were not talking to the 9ers. If anyone got fleeced it was the Browns since they didn’t get shit....then again they had Watson and didn’t draft him so fuck’em for being so stupid.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do people seriously think that teams only have one phone line......

Cleveland GM: Hello, operator, can you connect me to California 4-9000 please?

Old Timey operator voice, chewing Beechies Spearment Gum: I'm sorry that line is busy.

Cleveland GM: Damn, looks like I can't make that trade to get Trubisky......maybe next year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always hear and see the Pace/49ers draft day trade incorrectly remembered. It’s not that Pace (or the Bears) had 49ers tied up on their one line (lol), it’s that Pace had the 49ers on the phone trading for the 2nd spot AND the Browns on the other line discussing terms on the 3rd pick. Pace kept the Browns busy believing they were going to get the 3rd pick, presumably for Trubisky, while ensuring they were not talking to the 9ers. If anyone got fleeced it was the Browns since they didn’t get shit....then again they had Watson and didn’t draft him so fuck’em for being so stupid.

this

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was he right? There's no indication he didn't want Cutler but he want Cassell more and tried to lie about which was the trade forcer.

Somehow taking it to he didn't like Cutler and simply wanted him gone is the case. And Cassel had 1 year of playing well after his Pats stint and that wasn't really a indication he'd of been better than if McDaniels simply didn't screw up the scenario being a dirtbag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think he handled the situation shitty, but simply not wanting McD because: he got rid of Cutler so of course he'll get rid of Trubisky is nonsensical.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d be happy with Nagy. Not very excited about the possibility of McDaniels, having lived through his years here in Denver. The guy is just an asshole and don’t see anything having changed. Shit, look at how Brady reacted to him. He may call him a good friend in press releases, but he sure as hell didn’t look like it when he went off on him on the sidelines this year. Then again, if he comes to the Bears and wins then he’ll be our asshole and we won’t give a shit. Lol.