Chiefs OL Offseason

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s a cause and effect.

“solid enough defense” lol

isn't possible without depth. Proved again!
Solid enough defense, meaning doesnt have to be very good but at least needs able to make some stops and not regularly give up 30 every time they hit the field. The 2020 Bears defense was a disappointment. They were also solid enough.

There are a ton of positions. No team has depth everywhere. All of this is luck and matchup based. Tom Brady, 6 championships because depth or something. lulz

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Id hate to read the rest of what you wrote, which is why i wont.
Any one of these GMs you think are better have missed(with consistency) on HCs, QBs and especially your so called "blue collar players" or have gotten so close to having a contending team for superbowl runs and just missed it. You make it out like pace is the worst or bottom 5 GM in the NFL.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is for all the noobs that say 'You have to build up the OL before getting a franchise guy'

This offseason, they have added:

Orlando Brown
Joe Thuney
Creed Humphrey
Austin Blyth
Kyle Long

Moral of the story, the Bears OL doesn't have to be perfect for Fields. It was always unrealistic to think Pace could address OL, WR and QB all in one offseason. He addressed the biggest question mark in finding a franchise QB and now can build around him as the years go on. Bears OL isn't perfect but it's workable. Leno will have to start for another season and Bears can address LT in FA or the draft next season.
Kyle Long will be cut during 53 man trim down. He was done when he retired the first time. Two years older doesn’t help.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yet facts prove your bullshit wrong. He was a QB away from a superbowl team to sum it up for you.
Wow thanks for that, L Kiper Jr.

If you read my post that you responded to, you would understand why i stopped reading your post. I am starting to no longer entertain the arguments of posters who have proven time and time again to be wrong, where as i have called it to the T on repeat. It's the same old butthurt Trubisexuals or the 2 Pace defenders.

You guys can get mad, its just the truth. There will always be the exceptions like the past 30ish hours but desperate times call for desperate measures. There is a reason why every panel and reaction group of talking heads have been in complete shock the past couple days, Its because Pace isn't known for good drafting. "bUt Da 5Th RoUnD" daaaaa *fart noises*.

Going to bed. Good night, morons.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Solid enough defense, meaning doesnt have to be very good but at least needs able to make some stops and not regularly give up 30 every time they hit the field. The 2020 Bears defense was a disappointment. They were also solid enough.

There are a ton of positions. No team has depth everywhere. All of this is luck and matchup based. Tom Brady, 6 championships because depth or something. lulz

Ironically, Brady was a depth player in one of his SB wins.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hilarious. The Colts had the worst return coverage in the NFL. That's an entire starting unit, lets not even get into depth. They literally gave up a TD on the opening kickoff of the SB, the only team to ever do so. Hows that for depth? You want to know why they won?

They had a generational QB and the Bears had whatever the fuck Rex Grossman was. The Bears best offensive weapon was a special teamer. The Colts was a HOFer QB who held all-time records.

There's no depth in the NFL that makes up for the Bears losing their 3 technique, literally the key to the Lovie 2 defense and Mike Brown, the best safety this team has had since i've been watching.

Football is far too complex for it to be about depth. Its about matchups and luck and again, quality QB play with solid enough defense.
So if the Bears had Quality depth behind Mike Brown, they may have won that Super Bowl?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
So if the Bears had Quality depth behind Mike Brown, they may have won that Super Bowl?

That SB was winnable. Manning wasn't lights out.

If Brown was back there, perhaps Chris Harris doesn't get beat deep. I think it was Harris IIRC, been a while. Harris did also pick Manning though IIRC.

If the Bears had a Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Rex, that might of helped. But they 'F' ed that up by taking Cedric Benson. Okay so the Bears had this often injured QB with a Cannon they still had hopes for, so Rodgers was off the table.

With Rodgers off the table, maybe if they draft Derrick Johnson, Shawn Merriman, Demarcus Ware instead of the BENZ, maybe one of them takes Hunters reps and makes a play in the SB and changes things.

Even though the Benz technically had a better career than the what could have been Caddy. Maybe drafting him instead of Benz gets the bears a SB win and changes C. Williams injured career. Maybe the LBers dont make Caddy cry like Benz and theres better chemistry in the RB room. TJ had a good game on limited touches, but maybe the caddy gets a carry or two and breaks them.

Maybe they should have benched Rex after his come back to reality check starting in Arizona on MNF. Perhaps, Check Down Griese doesnt throw 2 picks with 1 being a pick 6 on SB Sunday and things are different.

What am I even talking about, oh yeah, depth.

Depth is good, if your depth is good.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Really (sarcastically) strange to me Long was too beat up to be on the Bears but jumps to go to a better team. I think the problems are higher up than the players.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is for all the noobs that say 'You have to build up the OL before getting a franchise guy'

This offseason, they have added:

Orlando Brown
Joe Thuney
Creed Humphrey
Austin Blyth
Kyle Long

Moral of the story, the Bears OL doesn't have to be perfect for Fields. It was always unrealistic to think Pace could address OL, WR and QB all in one offseason. He addressed the biggest question mark in finding a franchise QB and now can build around him as the years go on. Bears OL isn't perfect but it's workable. Leno will have to start for another season and Bears can address LT in FA or the draft next season.
I disagree. I think that Pace would have better to wait until they had a top rated OL before wasting a pick on a QB. Now they are stuck needing to have him sit and watch a year or twon until they draft and develop the much needed All Pro swing tackle.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They lost like 6 or 7 lineman. I can't imagine a team winning a super bowl in that scenario. That would be incredible depth

They have a QB that can overcome that....It will allow KC to retool quicker

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The team with the best depth keeps winning. If you don’t have depth, it’s death.

Depth wins championships.
Wilson, Brady, Manning,Brady, Foles,Brady, Mahomes, Brady.
If by depth you mean HOF QB, then I agree.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Wilson, Brady, Manning,Brady, Foles,Brady, Mahomes, Brady.
If by depth you mean HOF QB, then I agree.
Wilson might be the definition of winning with depth. They had 11 guys on IR and didn’t miss a beat on defense.

I can go through every SB winning team and show you depth. I can go through the same season and show you other franchise QBs who didn’t make it because of depth.