Clearing some salary for Gordon

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AHAHAHAHAHA!

The 1st Rd. pick going to CGY is conditional! Way to not disappoint me Feaster. I was actually kinda perturbed that CGY was gonna have more than one 1st Rd pick to kickstart the rebuild even if it was a low 1st from a Cup contender so this is perfect.

ETA: But to be fair that's just the rumor for now about the 1st. . .but it's CGY so I don't doubt it, LOL.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie22m[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.[/font]

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie20m

Just to be clear, trade package I tweeted is not official or confirmed. That is what we're hearing. May find out after CGY-COL. Or tomorrow.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie16m

And we'll have to see if there are possibly any other elements included so, for me, impossible to assess trade without knowing firm details.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Soooo what are the Hawks trading to the Bruins for Iginla?

First round pick from the Bruins mine as well be a 2nd rounder anyways. Hope the Bruins go to the conference final at least now.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that was enough to land Iginla, I wonder what everyone else was offering.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I don't know much of either guys involved in the trade but looking at kookalchuckololevs (sp?) stats in junior..pretty nice. But how do you produce at nearly a 2 points per game average yet end up being in the minus column? That always baffles me. But then again its juniors.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
That [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]kookalchuckololevs kid was 2 years old the last time Iggy was traded.[/font]

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that was enough to land Iginla, I wonder what everyone else was offering.

Now that I see what it is rumored got it done probably similar I'd think as much as that breaks Lames and Iginla fans hearts. When a player will only go the last 5 Cup winners (and exacerbated I'd think since all of them are currently somewhere 1-11 in the League already without Iginla) then Feaster does not have the upper hand in negotiations---it's the teams that feel they need that player to get them over the mythological "hump" to push into the playoffs and contend once there that probably would have offered more. My understanding from the rumor grist all week was that he'd prefer BOS so there ya go I guess.

Now, back to the Hawks and a 2C---anyone with me, Vermette? http://www.indianhea..._20#entry189776

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always wanted Vermette and apparently he is pretty.

We should totes start a #blackhawksgetvermette hashtag on Twitter and get it trending worldwide so that our voice can be heard damnit!!! It worked for #freeiginla didn't it?

ETA: Also, correct. He is pretty. So that's a plus too.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF????????

Oh well, still OVER! LOL

[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie7m[/background][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Jarome Iginla traded to PIT for PIT's 1st rounder in 2013 and college prospects Kenneth Agostino (Yale) and Ben Hanowski (St. Cloud State).[/background][/font]

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Corey Pronman@coreypronman9m[/background][/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Agostino is a hard working forward, has good skill, tough, protects puck well but he's small. Average speed. Projects as a 3L forward.[/background][/font]

Corey Pronman@coreypronman[font=Arial, sans-serif]

16m[/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif]

Seen a lot of Hanowski recently. Good hockey sense, average skill, great shot, skating is an issue. Ok 2L potential. Good PP guy.[/font]

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In breaking news, the Penguins have decided to sign everyone available and to stockpile them.

God I hope they get their asses kicked in the playooofs.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
FLOL, how did it first get reported that Iggy went to the Bruins...just watch, he'll end up in Chicago at this rate.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In breaking news, the Penguins have decided to sign everyone available and to stockpile them.

God I hope they get their asses kicked in the playooofs.

Me too! Letang is back on the IR again as of Wed. so nothing will be easy or guaranteed for any team contending.

But for right now I am still taking my time to enjoy the notion that Feaster is STILL a moron even with the deal flipping to PIT, LOL LOL. Eh, the 1st is better this time around because it's not conditional but still will be a low 1st (prob lower if PIT performs as expected). But on the other hand the BOS prospects strike me as better. Either way, he really didn't return shit and this is a cold hard slap in the face to CGY's arrogant, ARROGANT fans so I am a happy camper!

ETA: Fuck your 1st + blue-chip prospect + roster player or 1st + blue-chip prospect + lesser prospect rumored demand scenarios Jay!
<

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
LOL so Iginla is now a Penguin... for literally nothing and a very late 1st round pick by the looks of it.

And we were asked to give up what, exactly?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor on twitter is that Jagr is heading back to Pens, Mario is coming out of retirement and Pierre is going to be the team's fluffer.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL so Iginla is now a Penguin... for literally nothing and a very late 1st round pick by the looks of it.

And we were asked to give up what, exactly?

They didn't want a rental in the same conference.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Wonder what they were asking the Hawks for. That's a pretty terrible return. Though, he's a rental....

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder what they were asking the Hawks for. That's a pretty terrible return. Though, he's a rental....

Apparently it wouldn't have mattered. I believe Feaster's press conference or statement (?) said Jarome only wanted to go to PIT so that's what they worked on.

ETA: Even I can't crack on Feaster for that---I thought his hands were tied and he was coming from no position of power but WOW! this would be extreme hands tied to work with.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Apparently it wouldn't have mattered. I believe Feaster's press conference or statement (?) said Jarome only wanted to go to PIT so that's what they worked on.

ETA: Even I can't crack on Feaster for that---I thought his hands were tied and he was coming from no position of power but WOW! this would be extreme hands tied to work with.

The Crosby/Iginla connection? No doubt. He is also instantly their top RW.