Clearing some salary for Gordon

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Crosby/Iginla connection? No doubt. He is also instantly their top RW.

True. Luckily for Hawks nation though we have 2 of top 3 best RWs in the entire NHL to console us.
<

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
True. Luckily for Hawks nation though we have 2 of top 3 best RWs in the entire NHL to console us.
<

Yeah. It just makes sense though. I mean, Pitts has needed a legit winger to play with Sid for a while now. Now they've finally got one. I bet he resigns in Pittsburgh too. Gives him a couple years at gunning for a cup. Actually glad the Hawks didn't get him to be honest. It would have been an overpayment.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. It just makes sense though. I mean, Pitts has needed a legit winger to play with Sid for a while now. Now they've finally got one. I bet he resigns in Pittsburgh too. Gives him a couple years at gunning for a cup. Actually glad the Hawks didn't get him to be honest. It would have been an overpayment.

Agreed about them needing wingers forever and day. This is an all-in push by Shero. He's got tons of money right now to do whatever he wants. I wouldn't be too sure about his ability to re-sign him though---I have no idea if PIT plans to amnesty or regular buyout anyone but next season when the cap goes back down he's got about $10 mil to fill 9-10 roster spots. Smells like a rental to me but Iginla was saying he didn't want to be a rental so who the fuck knows. Guess we'll see in summer.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL so Iginla is now a Penguin... for literally nothing and a very late 1st round pick by the looks of it.

And we were asked to give up what, exactly?

According to LeBrun only Pens, Bruins and Kings were on the final list.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Dear Penguins,

It didnt work for the late 90s Rangers, it won't work again.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
what the fuck i leave for a couple hours and now Iginla is in Pittsburgh not Boston?

Twitter just got served!!!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Dear Penguins,

It didnt work for the late 90s Rangers, it won't work again.

This is a much better Pens team than any of those Rangers who tried buying teams in my opinion. Up front anyways. Defense on the Pens will always be shaky esp with Letang missing so many games off and on through a season. That guys really good but he's turning into glass. And who knows about the hot and cold Fluery in the pipes. He can crack at anytime but the Pens are going to score a shit load of goals.

Pens won't have a problem getting deep in the playoffs in the East if their forwards stay healthy but once they run into the Hawks in the cup final? Hawks defense will be the difference.

Crosby C

Malkin C

Sutter C

Morrow LW

Kunitz LW

Neal LW

Dupruis RW

Iginla RW

That's a crap load of talent and depth to work with and Iginla can be moved anywhere on the right side. I assume it will be Kunitz/Crosby/Iginla seeing Crosby and Iginla are olympic buddies but that doesn't need to be written in stone at all.

That is a shit load of talent up front with 8 guys its kind of scary. Dupruis is highly under-rated on the right side also. He gets used all over the place in Pittsburgh. Iginla being there will actually probably make Dupruis that better not having to be slid all over the place as much.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
hard to see the guy in another teams jersey. I try to envision him with the Bruins and it looks odd to me. I think there is one other part of iginla that peole miss. he likes familiar faces around him. I bet he not only will waive his ntc to go to a contender but also a team with players he knows. I dont see that with Boston. I do see it with the Pens seeing he and crosby have a close relationship. im not really buying into the boston rumors it feels like fodder from "hockey insiders" who more often than not are talking out their asses to get twitter hits these days.

And you guys NEVER listen to me.

Why do you guys listen to these twats like Lebrun when you have me? I'm about 4 for 46 on trade predictions. Lebrun and his gang of twittertards are about 2 for 46.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
The difference between this Pens team and the Rangers of the 90's...

Richter > Fleury

That may be the big difference when it really matters.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
The difference between this Pens team and the Rangers of the 90's...

Richter > Fleury

That may be the big difference when it really matters.

And Brian Leetch.

And lets be honest the Rangers did sort of buy the Cup in 94..so they didn't completely fail on getting to their goal. Just took a couple Blackhawk players to lift them over the hurdle..cough cough Steve Larmer. Iginla is no Steve Larmer.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
They didn't want a rental in the same conference.

Oh, sure... The Flames seriously are on a deep playoff run within the next three seasons.

They would be idiots for thinking that philosophy. They have no real good system in place, a coach who rode the coattails of Ray Bourque to the Cup, a Duck reject for a RW in Glencross, shitty scouting, and an AHL team whose fanbase is slim to none only because they're not the Canucks affiliate.

They're in a hot mess worse than a tranny on Halsted at this point.

If there's anything the new realignment will prevent, its the Flames from getting into the playoffs within three years, especially in a division where they might have to fight Phoenix, San Jose, or heaven forbid Edmonton for that 5th place spot in the Pacific Division.

If anything, they need to start entirely from scratch. Sometimes the best offer they're going to get could be within their own conference.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
And Brian Leetch.

And lets be honest the Rangers did sort of buy the Cup in 94..so they didn't completely fail on getting to their goal. Just took a couple Blackhawk players to lift them over the hurdle..cough cough Steve Larmer. Iginla is no Steve Larmer.

I also loved Matteau... Just saying....

supraman

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Pens, they are nothing more than Vancouver East.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Looks like Iggy didn't learn from Hossa....go to the Pens...lose in the Finals...then have to come to CHI eventually to win his cup. Couldve made the process quicker if he just came here first.

Oh well, his loss.

Pitt still has no defence. Hawks D is still much better.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I might have to pray to the mighty Herb and ask him to punish the Penguins and send them golfing in the 1st round

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Pitt is looking like the Miami Heat, right now. Some how I feel like Bettman has his fingerprints all over this.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I still Think Boston takes them out in the Eastern Confrence Finals, although Bettman might put his devilish self in the picture again like he did with the Yots last year.