CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes I’m aware and I understand some of the skepticism too. This is Nagy’s 3rd hand picked QB so I get the malice however if Fields balls out and the playcalling is good than you can’t discount Nagy
3rd?

Who am I missing?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is responsible for the offense, therefore should be the scapegoat when it fails. So far 4 QB's have had problems scoring enough points, Trubisky, Foles, Dalton, Fields. He has a great group of TEs, very good receivers and running backs. The offensive line looks minimally average so far this year. Coincidence that the 5 games he didn't call plays the Bears had a top 3 offense, given some lesser competition?
And there it is

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If Nagy calls a slant but Kmet runs behind the opposing defender and runs slow as fuck that’s not separation. It’s a simple concept and doesn’t take that much vision, man
The thing that isn't being addressed by him is kmet runs a lot of routes where he leaks out as a checkdown which counts as a lot of separation. Is that some incredible play design?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The thing that isn't being addressed by him is kmet runs a lot of routes where he leaks out as a checkdown which counts as a lot of separation. Is that some incredible play design?
You would rather he not call plays that have a check down option?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I really don't want to see Fields working out of the pocket all the time on Sunday. Roll him out and get him on the edge, do it early and often. Fields has a 6th gear that most players don't have.

You sit him in the pocket like you did last week, and let him try to read protection schemes when you have 4 guys running routes.. that is a ton of pressure on him. That is exactly what happened with the INT last week.

A player with his tools should have an entirely different playbook. Mitch was mobile but Fields has gamebreaking speed.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course posters are making excuses...

Always remember Trey Burton had no problems producing with Nagy's bullshit play calling in year one for BOTH he and Nagy.
Trey Burton: 8 year vet at the time in his 3rd year under someone part of the Andy Reid tree. Played in the Super Bowl and made a crucial play that pretty much won them the game

Cole Kmet: Drafted in 2020, was barely used in favor of Graham

shit tier posters

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Of course posters are making excuses...

Always remember Trey Burton had no problems producing with Nagy's bullshit play calling in year one for BOTH he and Nagy.
If kmet produced at the pace of his last 6 games last year, he'd be pretty close to Burton numbers in his year with us

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I really don't want to see Fields working out of the pocket all the time on Sunday. Roll him out and get him on the edge, do it early and often. Fields has a 6th gear that most players don't have.

You sit him in the pocket like you did last week, and let him try to read protection schemes when you have 4 guys running routes.. that is a ton of pressure on him. That is exactly what happened with the INT last week.

A player with his tools should have an entirely different playbook. Mitch was mobile but Fields has gamebreaking speed.
Not sure about entirely different, but yes, there should be more calls that toll Fields out or move the pocket, especially now. If there aren’t, I’ll be turning on Nagy as fast as anyone…

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: