Concern for lack of picks

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I expected the Bears to give up their 3rd to get into a top 10 for a QB, so I'm not as concerned about the lack of picks. I went in thinking they'd have a top 10 pick, a 2nd, a 5th and 4 6ths after a trade up (also expected to lose round 1 next year). Basically all they lost is one of the 6th round picks.

Because they didn't have to trade into the top 10, they were able to get Jenkins. I can't hate that outcome no matter what.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think we've been bad so long, and hated on Pace and Nagy so long we have no idea how to react to them doing something amazing. Let's just enjoy the moment.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let it decline some in the short term. They've grossly overspent on the wrong side of the ball. They have a shot at developing a franchise QB and entering the modern NFL style of play. Pace can go back to building the defense with his mid round picks and value free agent signings.

They are in no danger of becoming a bottom three defense in the NFL like the Texans.
Fair enough.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
We're paying a rookie QB salary for 5 years. That covers the salary concern. That's huge.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t have an issue with either trade. We got incredible value at 2 premium positions and major needs.

But we need more picks. We need to find ways to generate more picks.

Foles, Miller, Hicks maybe.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Since 2017?

I made it clear I'm not talking about one year.
Yes but this thread is about this year because once again Pace used multiple picks to move up again. and you made the comment "seems no one learns"
again you cant have it both ways.. we either get the QB or we have the extra pics. Your argument is on the side of wanting more pics so my reply was about needing that QB..

Monster

Liked Posts:
The lack of picks is unfortunate...
However looking at the moves I think their valid.
Time will tell... but I’m high on the two moves made.
More excited than in years...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but this thread is about this year because once again Pace used multiple picks to move up again. and you made the comment "seems no one learns"
again you cant have it both ways.. we either get the QB or we have the extra pics. Your argument is on the side of wanting more pics so my reply was about needing that QB..
k

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes it's a problem. It seems no one learns. Everyone is happy because we got a shiny, new sports car, but when we wrap it around a light pole - we'll be walking to work.

Get ready for a slightly improved offense, and a massive decline on defense.

And it's not just because of this year. It's the aggregate since 2017.
Defense was going to decline anyway.
That's what people are missing.

Everything was structured and aligned based on Mitch being the guy, year 3. He wasn't.

There is going to be a massive turnover on defense as they realign to sync with Fields y3 to make a run.

And this time, they are starting with the important part first.

Now that they have that, no one should doubt Pace's ability to turn over a roster. For all the fan bitching that happened in the early years, Pace has proven he can do that much.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i'm just glad we didnt waste those extra picks on some bum named mac jones with the 4th pick...y'all know you are.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don’t have an issue with either trade. We got incredible value at 2 premium positions and major needs.

Foles and maybe Miller. My guess is that if either of them get moved, it will be as part of a package including at least one of the current available picks to grab a specific player. But I think both will be very hard to move during this draft. Maybe you can move Foles after June 1 for a low 2022 pick. And I would rather hold on to Miller for another year to see if he gets his crap together in a contract year than trade him for like a 6th or 7th round pick. He has too much talent on a cheap deal to just give away.

I think you need to keep HIcks at this point as he is such a huge part of the attitude of the defense and how the entire group performs when he is there. They should also be getting Goldman back, so hopefully you can get a better rotation going that keeps him healthy enough to play.

Canth

Liked Posts:
As far as the number of picks go...if they can come out of this draft with two legit projected starters (one of which is the franchise qb) and 2 legit depth guys that can give you quality snaps in the NFL, then they have done well.

In other words, if Pace can turn the early 5th and three 6 round picks into some form of 2 guys that you can actually play in a game on special teams and develop as back-ups that can actually play if/when someone gets hurt, then it will be a phenomenal draft.

Fields and Jenkins mean he already has had a good draft in hand with a chance to be great.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Top 15 and trending down for two years...

It won't surprise me when Fields is in a similar football situation as Watson.
We've ALWAYS build a great defense. I think there might have been one or two stretches during my life I can say the defense was hot garbage but besides that we've been good.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

No one is trading for Hicks or Foles for that matter, Texans for Foles maybe?? They have quite a few day 3 picks.

OP: they filled two huge holes. Cost a lot. Agree this mfer needs to STOP dealing draft picks but can’t be upset this year

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mel tucker just emailed you a shart and cc-ed bob babitch

msadows

Liked Posts:
No.

They addressed tackle and QB in a big way.

Won't be shocked if pace packages the 5th+ a 6th to move up into the 4th to take a WR or CB.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Picks are nice but they needed a QB. If Fields ends up being The One, then all will be forgotten. They also desperately needed an OT to protect their investment. Moving forward, I agree that the Bears need to be more protectionist with their draft capital, and if Fields and Jenkins are who we hope they are, the Bears can be.