aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
The Bears went quality so far in the draft. Now it is time to go with quantity for the rest of the draft, trading down in the 5th to get more picks this year
Respect your opinion, but disagree. 5th round and later are lottery picks. Sometimes you get Mooney or Nichols, sometimes you get Fabulaje or some other crapshoot we don't even remember the name of. Either take the picks you have and take good shots with them, use Miller for a small trade up, or hopefully, trade one of our 6ths straight up for a 5th next year (a good deal if you can get it). We only have 5 picks next year, and getting a 6th would be nice, even if in a late round.

That said, evaluations will be scattershot this year, and some good players will be had in the late rounds. Pace and co. have demonstrated that they can find value in the late rounds, so let us hope they can do so again, and flesh out the absolutely incredible start to this draft.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No.

They addressed tackle and QB in a big way.

Won't be shocked if pace packages the 5th+ a 6th to move up into the 4th to take a WR or CB.
this is how you ruin a good draft.. no need to trade up again. WR is still deep.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I am a little annoyed that Pace doesn't seem to mind trading any draft pick for anyone.
A good GM takes the best player available when they pick. A great GM makes trades to insure that the best player available when they pick is at a position of team need. Pace did that twice (so far) this year. The flip side is to trade down when you can afford to do so to build more capitol for the future. I don't think the Bears are in a position where they can afford to trade down, with needs at CB and WR and S and wants at Edge and ILB. But going forward, I'd love to see us in a position where we have picks stacked for future years, so that seven picks is our floor, not our ceiling.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But this not possible nobody can predict future and no gm is impossible but no sorry i want to use r pace moose knuckle as a pillow but i have you on ignore

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now that we have the QB, we need to add some volume picks.

You made 2 expensive moves, that I agree with, but it’s time to add volume.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Have you been watching the games?

Which way do you think the pendulum is swinging with 30 year old stars?
It'll be interesting to see with the defense. Hopefully Desai can improve the overall scheme from the last couple years.
Players
JJ- should be better but can he stay healthy
EJ- Hopefully regains some form with Desai scheming similar to fangio...wishful thinking
Gipson- he's fine and probably will be similar to last year
Whoever replaces fuller is a drop-off
Mack- still great, hopefully Pagano being gone will help him
Quinn - has to be better than last year?
Trevathan- I thought he was better than others gave him credit for last year, but he will regress more this year likely
Roquan- should remain dominant and possibly improve a bit
DL- should improve a bit with Goldman back, but I'd expect regression from hicks if he is still around. Also see how big an impact Jay Rodgers had on some of these guys

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A good GM takes the best player available when they pick. A great GM makes trades to insure that the best player available when they pick is at a position of team need. Pace did that twice (so far) this year. The flip side is to trade down when you can afford to do so to build more capitol for the future. I don't think the Bears are in a position where they can afford to trade down, with needs at CB and WR and S and wants at Edge and ILB. But going forward, I'd love to see us in a position where we have picks stacked for future years, so that seven picks is our floor, not our ceiling.
Tbf Pace also did it for Trubisky, Floyd and Shaheen too. Sometimes it works other times it blows up in your face.

Yeah I'm with you we need bpa for now on so no trading down

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I love both picks, especially Fields. No reason to not celebrate. However I am getting concerned about the lack of draft picks. You need young, cheap talent to fill out a roster and to avoid cap hell which the Bears are currently in without a stellar roster. What do you think of Pace’s aggressive trade up strategy and general lack of draft picks compared to other teams?
Well the best way to get around cap hell is to have a good QB and oline. If Fields and Teven play to their potential then we will be fine. At that point it becomes plug and play at other positions.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be so concerned if they would figure out how to milk the compensatory draft system like the Patriots/49ers/Ravens.

Those teams learned how to move up and down the draft, but they did so because they know how to go into every draft with 10 or 11 picks.

The Bears for some reason don't understand how to use trades, expiring contract length strategy, and free agent binge seasons to get more picks. Its really fucking easy. Sometimes I think Bellichek must be the only genius in the NFL or something, but I wouldn't think you have to be that smart to figure it out.

Notice the Patriots last two off-seasons. One year he did nothing. The next year he went grocery shopping and filled every hole for 3 years.

Thats not an accident!! Figure it out you dumb fucks!!! Godammit!! I've been screaming about this for like 15 years now!
All those contracts will expire at the same time. Does nobody else understand what I am saying? I've met like 2 or 3 people here who fucking get it, everybody else dismisses it or says we have to draft better, etc, but for fucks sake its about staggering your free agent signings and the Bears like clockwork sign 3 every year.

All you have to do is sign 6 every other year, and none every other year. To accelerate this you would sign like 6 guys to 2 year contracts this year, and 3 to 1 year contracts next year. Then

1. 9 guys leave at once....
2. you collect 4 extra picks, not being penalized for retaining ones you want or trading others for more picks or trading to fill needs with all your extra goddamn picks
3. After your "off-year" you go grocery shopping again for 2 years of holes.
4. You can trade down a couple times because you have 11 goddamn picks, giving you 9 or 10 next year too. And the cycle repeats.

For fucks sake...I used to want to keep this confidential but the rest of the league gets it now. For some reason The bears are fucktards.
Patriots have had some of the worst drafts the last 3 years... So you lost me there

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well the best way to get around cap hell is to have a good QB and oline. If Fields and Teven play to their potential then we will be fine. At that point it becomes plug and play at other positions.
The Bears get a bit of a cap reset next year. They do need more picks to fill out the roster and allow for the Hicks, Graham, Foles money to be moved to where it is needed and not just spent to replace them.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I don’t have an issue with either trade. We got incredible value at 2 premium positions and major needs.

But we need more picks. We need to find ways to generate more picks.

Foles, Miller, Hicks maybe.
I wouldn't trade hicks but yes to foles and miller.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It'll be interesting to see with the defense. Hopefully Desai can improve the overall scheme from the last couple years.
Players
JJ- should be better but can he stay healthy
EJ- Hopefully regains some form with Desai scheming similar to fangio...wishful thinking
Gipson- he's fine and probably will be similar to last year
Whoever replaces fuller is a drop-off
Mack- still great, hopefully Pagano being gone will help him
Quinn - has to be better than last year?
Trevathan- I thought he was better than others gave him credit for last year, but he will regress more this year likely
Roquan- should remain dominant and possibly improve a bit
DL- should improve a bit with Goldman back, but I'd expect regression from hicks if he is still around. Also see how big an impact Jay Rodgers had on some of these guys
Forgot our best DL ? Bilal Nichols unless hicks comes back to form that is...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
this is how you ruin a good draft.. no need to trade up again. WR is still deep.
Nothing that happens today will ruin this draft. Pace got a potential franchise QB and a starting RT. Pace could draft all kickers and long snappers today and be fine.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nothing that happens today will ruin this draft. Pace got a potential franchise QB and a starting RT. Pace could draft all kickers and long snappers today and be fine.
ObjsCNu.gif

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Respect your opinion, but disagree. 5th round and later are lottery picks. Sometimes you get Mooney or Nichols, sometimes you get Fabulaje or some other crapshoot we don't even remember the name of. Either take the picks you have and take good shots with them, use Miller for a small trade up, or hopefully, trade one of our 6ths straight up for a 5th next year (a good deal if you can get it). We only have 5 picks next year, and getting a 6th would be nice, even if in a late round.

That said, evaluations will be scattershot this year, and some good players will be had in the late rounds. Pace and co. have demonstrated that they can find value in the late rounds, so let us hope they can do so again, and flesh out the absolutely incredible start to this draft.
I am confused. What is better 4 lottery picks or 5 to 6 lottery picks?

I said that if someone was left on the Bear board that they felt was a 3rd or 4th rounder, then take that player with the 5th round pick. If not, get more lottery picks for it if they can.

If they want to add a lottery pick in 2022 instead of using one this year, that is fine. It is still an extra lottery pick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But this not possible nobody can predict future and no gm is impossible but no sorry i want to use r pace moose knuckle as a pillow but i have you on ignore
Started drinking early, didn't you?