Cubs/Angels IST

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That damn song needs to be retired. Good W though.

Someone made a rap version of it a cpl years ago -- it was worse than the original :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...who's making the next thread? :D

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Oh boy.

Rizzo's first big hit in about a month.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Not mocking Rizzo.

Just pointing out his lack of production the last month

Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton should be put out to pasture. Not mocking them, just pointing out their lack of production the last 2 months. #symmetry.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton should be put out to pasture. Not mocking them, just pointing out their lack of production the last 2 months. #symmetry.

How many MVP's do Pujols and Hamilton have?

How many Silver Sluggers?

How many 30 HR seasons?

How many 100 RBI seasons?

How many does Rizzo have??

0??

#symmetry

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

How many 30 HR seasons?

0??

#symmetry

So they get a pass at blowing for this long just because they have a past while Rizzo at 23 doesn't?

Willrust

Liked Posts:

How many 30 HR seasons?

0??

#symmetry

Then apply the same logic to your bullshit ramblings about Starlin Castro! Your logic here is that Rizzo has been bad for a couple months (which he really hasn't) and has no track record. While Hamilton and Pujols have been bad for 2 months, but they have a solid track record (not to be confused with the tracks on Hamilton veins). Yet when it comes to Starling Castro, his track record doesn't matter. Make up your flip-flopping mind.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So they get a pass at blowing for this long just because they have a past while Rizzo at 23 doesn't?

They get a pass because they have an actual track record of performing at elite levels.

Rizzo has been league average at best.

Sorry those are the facts no matter how much you want to stomp your feet and throw your sippy cup against the wall.

kchicub08

Liked Posts:
Then apply the same logic to your bullshit ramblings about Starlin Castro! Your logic here is that Rizzo has been bad for a couple months (which he really hasn't) and has no track record. While Hamilton and Pujols have been bad for 2 months, but they have a solid track record (not to be confused with the tracks on Hamilton veins). Yet when it comes to Starling Castro, his track record doesn't matter. Make up your flip-flopping mind.

So you have essentially now equated the play of Hamilton and Pujols to Castro and Rizzo.... I realize you are making comparative arguments but.......

wow

Pure

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Wrong.

Starlin Castro has been declining in production for a season and a third now, not just a couple months.

Yes Pujols numbers declined last year and so far this year, but he is not at point in his career when he should still be improving like Castro is and still Pujols produced as a top 5 player at his position last year.

Last year Rizzo ranked 16th out of 30 players with at least 350 PA at 1B.

This year he ranks 12th out of 29 qualified 1B.

Like I have been saying all along, league average at best.

He looks like a superstar only because this team is so bad.

A league average player is not a great building block for a Championship caliber team.

Sorry my standards are a little higher than you guys.

Paul Goldschmidt (whom I was mocked by you for saying had a much better contract) is 25 years old and producing at an MVP level.

THAT is a player to get excited about, not league average.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So you have essentially now equated the play of Hamilton and Pujols to Castro and Rizzo.... I realize you are making comparative arguments but.......

wow

You have been around long enough to know that will will not let complete stupidity stop him from arguing with everything I say.

In fact complete stupidity is the foundation for almost every point he tries to make.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
KB bullshit logic 101:

Intermediate sample size of bad production from any player not on the Cubs that have a track record of past success equates to the player being fine.
Intermediate sample size of bad production from any Cub player that has a track record of past success equates to that player being a peice of shit.

Everyone clear on that?

Last year Rizzo ranked 16th out of 30 players with at least 350 PA at 1B.

This year he ranks 12th out of 29 qualified 1B.

Like I have been saying all along, league average at best.

Or proof of a young guy improving. BTW, what is this magical single stat that you are using to determine that Anthony Rizzo is 16th out of 30 Qualified from 2012 & 12th out of 29 qualified for 2013? Does that stat also have James Loney listed pretty high? Seriously, James Loney. Go ahead and move everyone ahead of James Loney.

Paul Goldschmidt (whom I was mocked by you for saying had a much better contract) is 25 years old and producing at an MVP level.

THAT is a player to get excited about, not league average.

Then go root for Paul Goldschmidt! I never mocked you for saying it was a much better contract. You were mocked for shitting all over a Cub player, on a Cub message board. Paul Goldschmidt has been a solid young player so far. His stats from last year mirror fairly close to Rizzo's. His stats this year have been even better. Hell, Chris Davis' have been even better. Should we all shit on Paul Goldschmidt because he isn't performing better than Davis? Using your rationale, yes. That is the reason why your childish rants against every young player on the Cubs are so comical!

Willrust

Liked Posts:

wow

Pure

Nope, using KB's logic from Castro declining and applying that to the performance to date of Pujols and Hamilton. He says Castro has been declining in production for a season and 1/3rd:

.311 AVG/.368 OBP/ .475 SLG Those are Castro's numbers from Sept/Oct 2012. Declining production? Wish all the Cub players could have that declining production for an entire month!

.333 AVG/.351 OBP/ .433 SLG Those are Castro's numbers from Mar/Apr 2012. Declining production?
.304 AVG/.311 OBP/ .452 SLG Those are Castro's numbers from May 2012. Declining production?

His season and a 1/3rd argument is full of shit!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Then go root for Paul Goldschmidt!

Ah yes. The ever mature "go root for another team" when you point out realistically how another player is performing at a much higher level than a Cubs player.

Great logic there.

I never mocked you for saying it was a much better contract.

Yeah you did.

You whined and cried about how it wasn't a better contract.

Pretty much like you argue everything I say.

You were mocked for shitting all over a Cub player, on a Cub message board.

I am not "shitting all over a Cub player".

I am pointing out in a realistic manner how a Cub player ranks against the rest of the league at his position.

Not being a blind homer is not the same as shitting all over a Cub player, well at least not to anyone with an IQ above 75 and over the age of about six.

Paul Goldschmidt has been a solid young player so far. His stats from last year mirror fairly close to Rizzo's.

No they don't.

Goldschmidt's OPS was about 50 points higher.

His stats this year have been even better.

And Rizzo's are pretty much the same.

No improvement.

Hell, Chris Davis' have been even better. Should we all shit on Paul Goldschmidt because he isn't performing better than Davis? Using your rationale, yes. That is the reason why your childish rants against every young player on the Cubs are so comical!

Once again a stupid comparison.

Goldschmidt is 4th in baseball in OPS, so by your comparison you are saying we should shit all Goldschmidt because he is 4th in OPS and not 1st??

Yeah that is being pretty realistic.

All I have done and continue to do is point out the reality of Rizzo's very average numbers for a 1B.

Your whining about it is the only true comical thing.l

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
He says Castro has been declining in production for a season and 1/3rd:

His season and a 1/3rd argument is full of shit!

BA- 2011 .307, 2012 .283 and 2013 .253

OBP - 2011 .341, 2012 .323 and 2013 .291

SLG - 2011 .432, 2012 .430 and 2013 .353

His numbers have gone down across the board from 2011 to 2012 and now 2012 to 2013.

But somehow that isn't declining production??

You are a clown.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
BA- 2011 .307, 2012 .283 and 2013 .253

OBP - 2011 .341, 2012 .323 and 2013 .291

SLG - 2011 .432, 2012 .430 and 2013 .353

His numbers have gone down across the board from 2011 to 2012 and now 2012 to 2013.

Your argument was his regression for a season and 1/3. I pointed out that he was not complete shit during that season and 1 and 1/3 and actually had extended periods of success. If you want to change your argument that his stats have regressed overall, fine. But you need to do the same with Pujols and Hamilton and not be a complete hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.