Cubs/Angels IST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
No they don't.

Goldschmidt's OPS was about 50 points higher.

You compare Goldschmidt's OPS being 50 point higher than Rizzo's for 2012, and you consider that the end all be all. Chris Davis' OPS for 2013 is 1.177 while Goldscmidt's is only 1.025 (a full .152 better). So, using your argument, once again, Chris Davis is much better than Goldschmidt!

I am not "shitting all over a Cub player".

I am pointing out in a realistic manner how a Cub player ranks against the rest of the league at his position.

Nope, you have consistently shit all over every single player that has been brought in by the new Cub management from Travis Wood, to Scott Feldman to Anthony Rizzo to Nate Schierholtz. You have done so, in the most part, prior to any player even stepping onto the field in a Cub uniform. You have given a blind pass to everything Matt Garza and Alfonso Soriano. The proof of that is littered from one side of this board to the other, and somewhere in the remaining data fragments at CBS.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Nope, you have consistently shit all over every single player that has been brought in by the new Cub management from Travis Wood, to Scott Feldman to Anthony Rizzo to Nate Schierholtz. You have done so, in the most part, prior to any player even stepping onto the field in a Cub uniform. You have given a blind pass to everything Matt Garza and Alfonso Soriano. The proof of that is littered from one side of this board to the other, and somewhere in the remaining data fragments at CBS.

Left out how you shit all over Paul Maholm from the moment he was signed... until he was traded, then he was a great pitcher!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Left out how you shit all over Paul Maholm from the moment he was signed... until he was traded, then he was a great pitcher!

Not a single person from CBS has ever mentioned Paul Manhole'm being a "great pitcher". Theo blower or otherwise.....

Until now. How convenient.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Not a single person from CBS has ever mentioned Paul Manhole'm being a "great pitcher". Theo blower or otherwise.....

Until now. How convenient.

The way people have portrayed the trade of Maholm to the Braves last year, you would figure he was a CY candidate.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
The way people have portrayed the trade of Maholm to the Braves last year, you would figure he was a CY candidate.

False.

I was not happy that Paul was traded for injured goods. I personally mentioned it right after the trade was completed.

I also mentioned the fact that Hemmoroidys had a history of arm soreness.

Like I've said. Why is he such a diamond in the rough now, when he wasn't that for the Yankees or Braves.

Well the media has been so far up Boy Blunder's ass that they like to consider most of what he does as the next coming of Jesus Christ.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think this thread has served its course :elephant:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Hey will ? What happened to Germhole Contraception ?

Maybe we will wait ten years and the Cubs will do a "Where Are They Now" segment during a rain delay.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't care if they sucked or not.

But just cause I am a fan doesn't mean I have to blindly accept any piece of bullshit they try and pass along.

I have probably been to more games at Wrigley than half the regulars combined. Probably in the neighborhood of 300 games or so at Wrigley Field. I used to live a few blocks from the ballpark for about 15 years and averaged about 20 games a season.

Does that qualify me enough?
Yup, sure does. And, that wasn't meant to be a 'shot', was being serious. Most fans look for silver linings, and some don't. It is what it is.

*crickets*

That's the best post you've made since you've been here.

Complainers are not welcome?

Not everyone is on board with this particular rebuild.
KB voices his opinion and it's hard to disagree sometimes.
Patience may be a virtue, but a lot of fans have run out.

I don't know anyone that said complaints weren't ok. Just trying to understand a bit more about the poster. :shrug:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Likewise.

But why split hairs. You are a genius.

now, THAT is the best post you've made. always happy to see improvement from posters here @ CCS. :hi5:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Yup, sure does. And, that wasn't meant to be a 'shot', was being serious. Most fans look for silver linings, and some don't. It is what it is.

And that is why I gave you an answer.

It is really, really hard to find silver linings in what is taking place.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And that is why I gave you an answer.

It is really, really hard to find silver linings in what is taking place.

Understood. We have different mindsets given the circumstances (though I'm closer to your side of the fence than you realize)...Was just making sure. This is a Chicago sports site, and in the past, we've had a handful of White Sox fans just bash everything the Cubs do...I didn't get that vibe from you, but wanted to be sure.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
False.

I was not happy that Paul was traded for injured goods. I personally mentioned it right after the trade was completed.

Exactly.

About the only thing that has been mentioned is how Vizcaino has yet to throw a pitch for the Cubs organization nearly a year after he was acquired and how foolish it is to think that is a great addition to the franchise and makes the franchise better.

It was probably mentioned as well that Maholm continues to be a productive major league player while the Cubs have zip to show for it and it is only will's hysteric overreaction that translate that into being a Cy Young contender.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Understood. We have different mindsets given the circumstances (though I'm closer to your side of the fence than you realize)...Was just making sure. This is a Chicago sports site, and in the past, we've had a handful of White Sox fans just bash everything the Cubs do...I didn't get that vibe from you, but wanted to be sure.

I suppose after 900 plus posts you couldn't figure that out.

Brilliant !!!!

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

No problem.

I have better things to do with my time than troll an opposing team's message board.

I can also see you at least have enough IQ points to not assume that since I have a Royals icon listed that makes the option of me also being a Cub fan impossible. Something too advanced for many here to understand.

My side of the fence is fairly extreme I understand, but I also realize that 100 losses and the throwing away of entire major league seasons in order to possibly develop a couple minor league prospects is also fairly extreme and not an approach many teams, much less major market teams do no matter what fairy tales some wish to believe.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No problem.

I have better things to do with my time than troll an opposing team's message board.

I can also see you at least have enough IQ points to not assume that since I have a Royals icon listed that makes the option of me also being a Cub fan impossible. Something too advanced for many here to understand.

My side of the fence is fairly extreme I understand, but I also realize that 100 losses and the throwing away of entire major league seasons in order to possibly develop a couple minor league prospects is also fairly extreme and not an approach many teams, much less major market teams do no matter what fairy tales some wish to believe.

right...and that's the reason that I'm probably closer to your side of the fence than most people know. I'm not thrilled w/ the rebuilding process -- if anything, is SCREAMS to me that Ricketts isn't being completely upfront about how much money he plans on investing in the product on the field. Theo's had good moments and bad moments, but Ricketts scares me more than anyone else. He's holding the money (literally), and no one really knows what sort of plan he has. He says he's going to spend money, but God knows he hasn't yet.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
right...and that's the reason that I'm probably closer to your side of the fence than most people know. I'm not thrilled w/ the rebuilding process -- if anything, is SCREAMS to me that Ricketts isn't being completely upfront about how much money he plans on investing in the product on the field. Theo's had good moments and bad moments, but Ricketts scares me more than anyone else. He's holding the money (literally), and no one really knows what sort of plan he has. He says he's going to spend money, but God knows he hasn't yet.

Exactly.

Which is why I have been critical of BOTH management and ownership, but people only seem to focus on the management aspect because we have seen how tricky the concept of both is around here.

It is also why I have consistently said I will believe Ricketts will invest in the product on the field when I see it.

I am not impressed with a $30M investment over nine years. That is barely over $3M a year. That is peanuts for a major league player.

It is less impressive when you also look around the league and see other teams high profile Cuban signings already at the major league level while Soler is in high A ball.

Oh wait, that is me shitting all over another Cub player isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.