X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
good play by Castro.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Cubs leading hitter is batting .260.

TWO-SIXTY!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
oh wow. Just saw the Molina play. wow. hahah

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 runs off of Wainwright in the first inning was fun to watch. Hopefully Shark can cruise through 7 innings or so tonight, and we can get an easy win. Know that isn't likely to happen, but it would be nice.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cubs with 2 doubles and 2 HR's in the first for a 4 run lead. Enough for Shark to do work tonight? We shall see...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardinals seem to be attacking early in counts. That is good news for the Cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rizzo out of the line up and they get a HR out of 1B. Go figure. One thing I have to say is Dejesus may become a blessing in disguise. Sweeny may run with this.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Random thought: Would Ransom be better than Barney at 2B every day? 8 HR in a part time role is pretty good.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Random thought: Would Ransom be better than Barney at 2B every day? 8 HR in a part time role is pretty good.

I think the pop would certainly be better, but the obp is probably going to be worse long term. I think we ought to just enjoy Ransom success so far this year because I don't think it is going to last.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wainwright has certainly settled in. Hopeful Shark can just roll through 8 at least.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think the pop would certainly be better, but the obp is probably going to be worse long term. I think we ought to just enjoy Ransom success so far this year because I don't think it is going to last.

Not concerned about OBA out of a 8 hitter. Looking at RBI production. Barney is not a good hitter. At best he is a UI or a platoon partner. IMO until Bryant takes over 3B they need to get the most out of what they have right now. Valbuena has provided decent OBA. Good enough to see if he can hit LH pitching. I'd plug in the better of Val/Cody at turning the DP with Castro. Put Barney into a UI role. Put the other of Val/Cody at 3B to keep it warm for Bryant. Ontop of that I've been wanting to see Sweeney in a full time role. He seems to have solid extra base pop which plays fine the way the Cubs lack true middle of the order power. Might end up signaling a Dejesus trade.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not concerned about OBA out of a 8 hitter. Looking at RBI production. Barney is not a good hitter. At best he is a UI or a platoon partner. IMO until Bryant takes over 3B they need to get the most out of what they have right now. Valbuena has provided decent OBA. Good enough to see if he can hit LH pitching. I'd plug in the better of Val/Cody at turning the DP with Castro. Put Barney into a UI role. Put the other of Val/Cody at 3B to keep it warm for Bryant. Ontop of that I've been wanting to see Sweeney in a full time role. He seems to have solid extra base pop which plays fine the way the Cubs lack true middle of the order power. Might end up signaling a Dejesus trade.

Ransom's got some fluky numbers working for him right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put up a higher OPS than Barney over the course of a season. I am more curious to see what Valbuena would look like playing full time than just about any of the part time players right now. He might not be a bad second baseman buried in a good lineup.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Cubs are failing tonight.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree with Val. He was at 2B in Iowa when Ian went down. He was more of an emergency need that stuck to the wall. He would play fine at 2B for sure.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Cubs won and I don't care. So pissed off about the Spurs game I could set myself on fire. At least we beat the Cardinals. WHOO!!

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish