Cubs @ Giants, 8/29 to 8/31/2011

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fontenot didn't dive. Not gritty enough.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ramirez base hit....followed by pena base hit

2 on 1 out

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano RBI base hit

Pena to far off second tagged out:facepalm:

3-0

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs have walked five times today. I think Hell just froze over.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Giants pitching has looked average at best this series...it's obviously b/c the Cubs offense is so good.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1b for Giants pulled early there. Wish they called the game like it should be.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
That ball was obviously fair. That fan should be shot.

But since it's in SF, the fan will get bonus points for saving the Giants a run.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That ball was obviously fair. That fan should be shot.

But since it's in SF, the fan will get bonus points for saving the Giants a run.

meh, same thing would've happened in Chicago.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That fan should also have been shot.

lol...if I thought it would save a run, I'd reach out a grab a ball...would miss the end of the game, but also miss traffic, and be satisfied that I helped my team. :p

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is where Quade looks like a rookie manager. Team is down 3-0 Top of 6th. Lopez has been getting hit hard in 4th and 5th innings. Lopez is LEADING off 6th and Quade lets him hit!!!! Brenly ripped Quade about it :) Bullpen has not been used much last 2 days. Off day tommorrow also. So no need to make Lopez get 1 more inning. Hit for him to try and start rally.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
cubs suck quade is a Special person. what else is new?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is where Quade looks like a rookie manager. Team is down 3-0 Top of 6th. Lopez has been getting hit hard in 4th and 5th innings. Lopez is LEADING off 6th and Quade lets him hit!!!! Brenly ripped Quade about it :) Bullpen has not been used much last 2 days. Off day tommorrow also. So no need to make Lopez get 1 more inning. Hit for him to try and start rally.

In a pennant race I would've been very upset. In the grand scheme of things, considering everything going on this season etc, I don't really care :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a pennant race I would've been very upset. In the grand scheme of things, considering everything going on this season etc, I don't really care :lol:

I care cause if he back this shows he not learning form his earlier mistakes.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the deal...

The Cubs were down 3-0 in the top of the 6th. Lopez at that point had been hit pretty hard but he had also thrown only 64 pitches. Yes, you could have pinch-hit for him. You had Colvin, DeWitt, Campana, and the legendary Koyie Hill at your disposal. Which one do you think could have done anything against Bumgarner, who at that point had made the Cubs his bitch for five innings?

I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you guys do.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could anyone do anything against Bumgarner today? You'll notice that one of the potential pinch-hitters, DeWitt, struck out as well. I guess it's baseball and you never know, but your starter was still semi-fresh, and there was still time. Even if they had pinch-hit for Lopez, the bullpen could've shit the bed anyway. I've been thinking about it more and I just don't see any reason to be upset other than the mantra of Quade being an idiot. In this case I think it was fine.

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | CHC@SF: Bumgarner dazzles over eight shutout frames - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the deal...

The Cubs were down 3-0 in the top of the 6th. Lopez at that point had been hit pretty hard but he had also thrown only 64 pitches. Yes, you could have pinch-hit for him. You had Colvin, DeWitt, Campana, and the legendary Koyie Hill at your disposal. Which one do you think could have done anything against Bumgarner, who at that point had made the Cubs his bitch for five innings?

I just don't think it's as big of a deal as you guys do.

I think also with Lopez history of sucking after 5 should have said something to. Just down by 3 with fresh bullpen, off day tomorrow it would have been right move to pitch hit. i wish you could have heard Brenly. He was just flabbergasted that Lopez was hitting.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think also with Lopez history of sucking after 5 should have said something to. Just down by 3 with fresh bullpen, off day tomorrow it would have been right move to pitch hit. i wish you could have heard Brenly. He was just flabbergasted that Lopez was hitting.

Brenly's always annoyed at something. I think this one didn't matter all that much though. Nobody was touching Bumgarner.