• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, we are done against the AL, hopefully we can do some work against the Pirates and start making a comeback in the standings.

It is beyond believable that the Cubs could put together the stretch they would have to make things interesting in the Central. That said I am with you in holding out some small sliver of hope.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It is beyond believable that the Cubs could put together the stretch they would have to make things interesting in the Central. That said I am with you in holding out some small sliver of hope.

Ya, I wanna see the :cubs: :sweep: the Pirates...

HeavyD

Liked Posts:

Every team in the Central is playing .500 ball the last month or so. I like the way our lineup looks with Ramirez and Pena hitting the ball.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Soto with an RBI single to right field, Ramirez scores, Pena thrown out on a close play at the Plate by Werth.

Cubs up 4-2!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lineup really hasn't been the issue all year. It has been starters, mostly 4-5, that has caused this to be most likely a lost season. Soriano just about had a mirror image play with the three Nationals drifting to make a catch.

Oh well at least we extend the lead for a cruising Casey Coleman. Hopefully Quade is quick to pull him at the first sign of trouble. Hate to see Coleman get Randy Wellsed here.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Double switch time. I am guessing that Reed Johnson takes the pitcher's spot and plays LF. Shark appears to be the guy getting the call. Couldn't have asked for anymore out of Coleman, and like that Quade got him out of there before he could have given up the lead.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Quade mentally Special person. Wood walks in a run and has had serious control issues and he leaves him in. What a dipshit.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I still say Coleman should have finished the 6th.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Quade mentally Special person. Wood walks in a run and has had serious control issues and he leaves him in. What a dipshit.

Well after he already used Shark and Marshall, he didn't have much of a choice. The problem was taking Marshall out in my opinion. He is good enough to face a righty, and it would have left Wood available for the 8th.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Should have pulled Wood before he walked in that run. At least he got Werth out.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stopped questioning...it seems like I always do or could.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had more faith in Wood in that spot than Marcus Mateo to be honest. Again I don't mind playing matchups, but guys like Marshall, Wood and Marmol should be used for more than a batter or two.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Well after he already used Shark and Marshall, he didn't have much of a choice. The problem was taking Marshall out in my opinion. He is good enough to face a righty, and it would have left Wood available for the 8th.

He could have went with Mateo but I trust Wood to get out of a jam more than I do Mateo. Wood was just struggling too much out there today. I agree with leaving Marshall in.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Not really looking forward to the possibility of going extra innings here. Especially not with Ramon Ortiz starting tomorrow.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coleman will get sent down and an arm will get brought up to replace him, and if you really needed to you could DL Dempster back to his last time starting which wouldn't be too much time off since the All-Star Break is coming up. Also given the usage Quade had Marshall should have no problem going an inning or longer tomorrow.

The real problem is tomorrow Ramon Ortiz is starting.

Rick

Liked Posts:
It's amazing how solid Russell is coming out of the bullpen but when he starts it's a complete train wreck. The guy hasn't given up a run in his last five relief appearances. He isn't walking guys either, I have absolutely no complaints about Russell as a bullpen arm.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's amazing how solid Russell is coming out of the bullpen but when he starts it's a complete train wreck. The guy hasn't given up a run in his last five relief appearances. He isn't walking guys either, I have absolutely no complaints about Russell as a bullpen arm.

Well I think it is what we saw the last few times he started where he makes it through the lineup once and is fine to great. The second time guys start timing his stuff up and he is exposed. He just doesn't have the pitches to make it through a lineup more than once.

I've said this multiple times, but I really like the Cubs bullpen. Russell and Shark are starting to develop into well above average middle relief pitchers, and despite minor blips, like today, Wood/Marshall/Marmol has been pretty solid at the back end.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah just waste options for Coleman.... That's gona come back and bite them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.