Cub's Prospect Watch And Development Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a very interesting comparison. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Soriano being a plus defender at 2B, which is one of the reasons the Nationals wanted to move him to LF?.

Yes, Soriano wasnt all around as polished as Baez at this age. It took Soriano until he was 26 to have a great season. His 25 year old season was alright.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I am not a huge yankee fan but I got the feeling that with Soriano it was always a case of his bat carrying him at 2B plus if you have a 40 SB guy he's typically gonna play CF, SS or 2B and with Soriano while he did get better in the OF after moving there he was never going to be great there.

Given that Baez started at CF in high school IIRC then to SS after being drafted and is now at 2B I'm guessing he's better defensively.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pitchers went 200 IP more frequently and the pen was used less back then. Not the case now.

So how is it that with improved technology and training and medical knowledge injuries are higher now than before?

They lowered the mound to increase run production. Flatten it will cause a greater increase of injuries.

If they want to increase run production there are easier ways than risking injury. Enforcing the strike zone is the easiest way. 2nd is making the DH league wide. 3rd is making OF dimensions standardized and making teams comply.

If they called the strike zone as written, it would lead to less offense, not more.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Making the DH leaguewide is lame. Just watching all the strategic moves a manager makes in the NL verifies that. Also, watching Wood vs Bumgarner makes for an interesting matchup. Both pitchers can hit well.

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
Making the DH leaguewide is lame. Just watching all the strategic moves a manager makes in the NL verifies that. Also, watching Wood vs Bumgarner makes for an interesting matchup. Both pitchers can hit well.
What do you mean? Running thru your bullpen cause ya needed a pitch hitter in the 7th inning when your pitch could have pitched another 2/3 of an inning. Old school just sucks sometimes. If they are going to make the NL play the AL every day of the week...Either make the DH universal....Or take it away.

I say add the DH....That way CSF can stop talking about trading away all of the Cubs prospects.....J/K kind of....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What do you mean? Running thru your bullpen cause ya needed a pitch hitter in the 7th inning when your pitch could have pitched another 2/3 of an inning. Old school just sucks sometimes.
That sucks? Seriously? Strongly disagree.

If they are going to make the NL play the AL every day of the week...Either make the DH universal....Or take it away.
I'd take it away. Make the pitchers stand in the box against a team they are throwing at.

I say add the DH....That way CSF can stop talking about trading away all of the Cubs prospects.....J/K kind of....
I think they will add a DH, which is all the more reason to hoard the big boppers the Cubs have and not trade them away. I think the FO is sensitive to that issue.

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
I think they will add a DH, which is all the more reason to hoard the big boppers the Cubs have and not trade them away. I think the FO is sensitive to that issue.
I was talking about CSF77 on this board.....I don't want CSF77 trading away my future favorite player Addison 'Poundin' Russell.....lol

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was talking about CSF77 on this board.....I don't want CSF77 trading away my future favorite player Addison 'Poundin' Russell.....lol
No kidding. I believed you the first time you invoked CSF77's name in your post regarding the DH and why you were kind of joking. I added my thoughts on what I think will really be done with the DH regardless of my personal preference.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
or even miggy at some point soon.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
No kidding. I believed you the first time you invoked CSF77's name in your post regarding the DH and why you were kind of joking. I added my thoughts on what I think will really be done with the DH regardless of my personal preference.
Ok, I got ya....I just thinking that you were thinking that I was referring to the FO....I get overthinkist when i'm tired....lol

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Shake your head no all you want....Changes nothing.
Not appreciating the increased pressure of pitching changes/pinch hitters in the NL is typical nonsense from people who have likely not even managed a little league game.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not appreciating the increased pressure of pitching changes/pinch hitters in the NL is typical nonsense from people who have likely not even managed a little league game.

Thinking that pitching to a lineup of 6-7 guys as stratgic baseball is typical nonsense from people who likely do not know that there are 90 feet between bases.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thinking that pitching to a lineup of 6-7 guys as stratgic baseball is typical nonsense from people who likely do not know that there are 90 feet between bases.
So do you bring in the PH hitting .219 or let the pitcher bat? Then what? Bunt or go for the base hit? He's a good hitting pitcher at .248. That doesn't come up in AL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.