Cub's Prospect Watch And Development Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And it's not a hard strategy either. Want evidence of this? Look at the IL stuff

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Maddon on NL ball

A DIFFERENT GAME

The teams used a combined 11 pitchers and each team used multiple pinch-hitters and had a double switch. It's not the game Maddon is used to.

"Totally National League," he said. "Oh my God, what a different baseball game. For the group that doesn't sometimes get it when you talk about the game being boring, I think maybe sometimes American League fans need to watch a National League game. Seriously, because there's so much more going on.

"When you manage a game like that, you actually feel as though you've played when it's over. I'm really becoming more of a fan of it. There are so many moving parts."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...iers-hit-in-10th-gives-rays-4-3-win/13807357/

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No. What is IL? Interleague play? International League? Independent League? There are lots of IL's in pro ball.

Only one when speaking of the overrated managerial ability needed in the NL game. Sure your little league comment wasn't for you?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Only one when speaking of the overrated managerial ability needed in the NL game. Sure your little league comment wasn't for you?
Joe Maddon pwned you. Keep trolling, bro.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Here's Tony LaRussa.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/17906/la-russa-on-managing-al-game-tougher

On pitching changes in the American League versus National League: "There's an assumption that somehow pitching (changes) in the National League [are] tougher. It's not; it's easier. ... The reason it's tougher in the American League is every decision that you make about the pitcher is based on your evaluation of who should pitch, how long the in there should pitch and who you should bring in. There are times, a lot of times, it's a really close call. You're splitting hairs. In the National League just enough times to make a difference ... a spot comes up and you've got to (pinch) hit, and you don't have to make that decision. You never have that decision taken away from you in the American League."

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cool news. I wondered when Rivero was going to make it to the States.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No mention of the double switch managers make more often in NL either.

you're right he did not. But again he helps to show the myth of NL being harder to manage. I'd be happy if you just admitted it, but it's unlikely you will.

As for CO...there's really nothing to be said about the kid. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.