Cubs To Keep Jim Hendry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been predicting this same thing the whole season. I fully think Hendry and Quade will be back next year. Then when their contracts are both up at years end, a new GM a new Manager and a fresh start.

Maybe even fired midway next year.

I think if Hendry/Quade are back they stay for all of 2012. There's no point in giving the interim jobs to Randy Bush and (insert Cubs minor league manager here) instead of just hiring new guys to get the club on a new course.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendry would certainly get to stay for all of 2012 if he is brought back, but I could see Quade getting fired midseason depending on the results. GMs fired midseason are replaced from within, and that means Randy Bush, Tim Wilken or Gary Hughes takes over.

Still don't put a ton of stock in this report. Again I find it really odd that a national reporter is the first to get the definitive word that Hendry is staying. Not saying that I would be shocked if Hendry is back, but I just don't think it is set in stone either way at this point.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CO
I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

God damn Code, that is gold..
th_laughpound.gif

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even Fozzie Bear knows Hendry should go.

fozzy.gif

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Montreal-Expos-Cooperstown-59FIFTY-Fitted/dp/B003VQP2NK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313341911&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Montreal Expos Cooperstown 59FIFTY Fitted Hat: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Problem Solved.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Well, this pretty much seals it...I'm switching to the dark side after 30 years.

Not that it really matters, I quit on the Cubs 3 years ago. When fans asked me why I replied, "They quit first".

-Then Zambrano confirms it...lol

The problem with the Cubs is the team was never built to win at Wrigley, plus Hendry cannot judge character for shit.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Hendry would certainly get to stay for all of 2012 if he is brought back, but I could see Quade getting fired midseason depending on the results. GMs fired midseason are replaced from within, and that means Randy Bush, Tim Wilken or Gary Hughes takes over.

Still don't put a ton of stock in this report. Again I find it really odd that a national reporter is the first to get the definitive word that Hendry is staying. Not saying that I would be shocked if Hendry is back, but I just don't think it is set in stone either way at this point.

FWIW, the guy who founded and runs MLB Trade Rumors is a Cub fan.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW, the guy who founded and runs MLB Trade Rumors is a Cub fan.

Not sure what that has to do with the rumor since it came from Bob Nightengale of USA Today.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just dont know how quade gets fired and JH hires another manager.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck is Bob Nightengale and what does he know about the Cubs?

We'll find out in the offseason.

This is probably more speculation than anything at this point.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck is Bob Nightengale and what does he know about the Cubs?

We'll find out in the offseason.

This is probably more speculation than anything at this point.

follow him on twitter, he is pretty damn good.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If the Cubs don't fire Hendry, I'll happily become a White Sox fan.

No, that's not gonna happen. But still: FIRE HENDRY!!!!!!!!!!

jim-hendry-300x203.jpg

HOW CAN YOU NOT FIRE THAT!?!?!?

:clap:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just dont know how quade gets fired and JH hires another manager.

Exactly Quade is Hendry's fourth manager. How many GMs get to pick 5 managers? As long as Hendry is here I think Quade is safe.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
follow him on twitter, he is pretty damn good.

The point isn't that Bob Nightengale isn't a good reporter. I just find it odd that a national guy would get wind of this before any of the local guys.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well as it isnt good news to see a tweet about this, it isnt set in stone.

I think if he is back next year, this is a bad thing. This is a situation where you build from the top down, and the top being the front office.

Back to back days of bad news for the cubs, it seems like there is a lot of chaos and stupidity running through this franchise right now.

Cub fans should never feel bad about being fans of the cubs, the ownership and the management should be the ones feeling bad.

Usually the only person here that I tear into is CO, and we all know why....but besides him I do feel for you guys on here and cub fans in general. I think this is beyond face value ribbing of the cubs failures, this is just awful. No words can explain this mess.

You're good people, Dewey. :beer:

J

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just wait and see what happens before we start to call for people's heads.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Well as it isnt good news to see a tweet about this, it isnt set in stone.

I think if he is back next year, this is a bad thing. This is a situation where you build from the top down, and the top being the front office.

Back to back days of bad news for the cubs, it seems like there is a lot of chaos and stupidity running through this franchise right now.

Cub fans should never feel bad about being fans of the cubs, the ownership and the management should be the ones feeling bad.

Usually the only person here that I tear into is CO, and we all know why....but besides him I do feel for you guys on here and cub fans in general. I think this is beyond face value ribbing of the cubs failures, this is just awful. No words can explain this mess.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.