Cubs To Keep Jim Hendry

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
again this is your family ownership. see 1:38

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6h2wczxGA]Joe Ricketts talks about why he bought the Chicago Cubs - YouTube[/ame]

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
have you not heard the comments by ricketts? he states that injuries are the reason why the cubs were bad.....he also likes the dynamic of the roster.

soriano- no one will take him, so why pay for his whole salary to be off of your team?

zambrano- no one wanted him, and now no one will ever want him

carlos pena- not a whole lot to unload there, alot of people think he is in the future plans, he wasnt not traded because they want to satisfy scott boras because that is fielders agent as well.

aram- im sure they could have moved him, but he put up a stink about leaving....the only real team taking a look was the angels.

marlon byrd- is still cheap

It isnt like they can just easily sell these players.

Injuries are part of the reason why we are so bad. Without injuries, we would be less bad, but still bad.

Pena wasn't moved because they couldn't get anything for him. The O's got next to nothing for D-Lee.

Why would we want to move A-Ram when the 3B production around the league sucks? He'll still be pretty good for the next two years, which is about how long it will take to find an in house replacement for him.

@Dabs, it was after John McDonough took over.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what am I suppose to get out of this? Daddy doesn't like baseball. I don't care as long as they pick the right people to run this team (failed so far) and provide the resources to be competitive (fine so far). Both of these things can change this offseason for better or worse. I don't know which directions it is going and that is why I have been saying again and again that I am reserving judgement because this offseason is going to be the telling one.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay? He's a businessman. I don't see what the fuss is with having a businessman as the owner.

yeah, "they sellout every game win or lose" "now we are talking about a business" are you blind and deaf?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what am I suppose to get out of this? Daddy doesn't like baseball. I don't care as long as they pick the right people to run this team (failed so far) and provide the resources to be competitive (fine so far). Both of these things can change this offseason for better or worse. I don't know which directions it is going and that is why I have been saying again and again that I am reserving judgement because this offseason is going to be the telling one.

"they sell win or lose" "now we are talking about a business" listen to the whole thing. jesus.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
have you not heard the comments by ricketts? he states that injuries are the reason why the cubs were bad.....he also likes the dynamic of the roster.

soriano- no one will take him, so why pay for his whole salary to be off of your team?

zambrano- no one wanted him, and now no one will ever want him

carlos pena- not a whole lot to unload there, alot of people think he is in the future plans, he wasnt not traded because they want to satisfy scott boras because that is fielders agent as well.

aram- im sure they could have moved him, but he put up a stink about leaving....the only real team taking a look was the angels.

marlon byrd- is still cheap

It isnt like they can just easily sell these players.

But they could have dumped Derrek Lee, Kosuke Fukudome for nothing to be rid of their salary which isn't a ton, but why wouldn't they if they are in such trouble. Teams apparently really wanted Marlon Byrd, or at least that is what everyone is telling me. So why didn't they trade him and then just let Jackson, Colvin and Campana play two OF spots for nothing next year? They also probably could have moved Carlos Marmol if they wanted and his fairly large salary next year. Again I am not saying that it is impossible that the major league payroll of this team goes down. I just don't see the evidence that I or anyone without the last name Ricketts can say definitely at this point what is going to happen.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

They really haven't even picked anyone yet. The more I think about it, the more I am okay with the way he has handled it, with keeping everyone one since he took over. He clearly didn't know what he was getting into, so instead of rushing these decisions, I'm glad that he has taken more time. Now, if he still hasn't had enough time by now, it may be a problem

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
"they sell win or lose" "now we are talking about a business" listen to the whole thing. jesus.

I did, and so what...

What is the owner responsible for? Giving the resources necessary to win and picking the right people to allocate those resources. If they are doing that I don't care what their motivation for owning the team is.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did, and so what...

What is the owner responsible for? Giving the resources necessary to win and picking the right people to allocate those resources. If they are doing that I don't care what their motivation for owning the team is.

Are you Special person?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did, and so what...

they dont give a fuck about winning. it is about making money, simple. your ownership states they draw win or lose and that is what got poppa involved.

damn sheep.

cmon now guys, sig bet with me pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!please!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
they dont give a fuck about winning. it is about making money, simple. your ownership states they draw win or lose and that is what got poppa involved.

damn sheep.

Name one owner in MLB that doesn't care about making money?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

damn sheep.

How does that say that they don't give a fuck about winning? Of course they want to make money, or they wouldn't have bought the team. Has nothing to do with winning or losing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does that say that they don't give a fuck about winning? Of course they want to make money, or they wouldn't have bought the team. Has nothing to do with winning or losing.

if you listen to joe dope, he didnt care about buying a team until he heard they sell win or lose. that is a problem.

again, keep thinking this. i cant wait until the offseason and you dont sign any big time FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.