Cubs Trade Fukudome To Indians

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
9:13am: The Cubs will receive two prospects for Fukudome, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney, and a deal is likely to be done by today's game at 1:10pm central time. Olney adds that the Cubs are picking up more than half of the $4.7MM owed to Fukudome, while SI's Jon Heyman tweets that they'll pay the "vast majority." Jayson Stark tweets that the only hangup is determining minor perks for Fukudome in exchange for waiving his no-trade clause.

8:57am: The Indians are in serious talks for Cubs right fielder Kosuke Fukudome, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The deal is "very close to happening," tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. With Shin-Soo Choo and Grady Sizemore on the DL, the Tribe has a clear need for outfield help.

Fukudome, 34, is hitting .273/.374/.369 in 345 plate appearances for the Cubs this year. Throughout his Cubs career, Fukudome has been able to draw walks but has shown limited power. Though his right field defense drew praise initially, he's been below-average per UZR over the last few years. Since Fukudome is owed almost $4.7MM for the balance of the season, the Cubs will likely have to kick in money to make a deal happen. He cannot be offered arbitration after the season, so draft pick compensation is not a factor. Fukudome has a limited no-trade clause, which MLB.com's Jordan Bastian thinks he may have waived to come to the Indians (Twitter link).

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really. If Ramirz or Pena is dealt it would be closer but unless a big time contract is moved this iss just opening an of spot. Question is who is getting it? More Baker and Dewitt in Rf or does colvin or jackson get the call. In all honesty I think I would prefer Colvin getting the call now to see what we have him in him and give Jackson some more time to adjust.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really. If Ramirz or Pena is dealt it would be closer but unless a big time contract is moved this iss just opening an of spot. Question is who is getting it? More Baker and Dewitt in Rf or does colvin or jackson get the call. In all honesty I think I would prefer Colvin getting the call now to see what we have him in him and give Jackson some more time to adjust.

i hope its Colvin also. Have Colvin/Baker platoon for rest of year in RF.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
9:35am: The prospects the Indians are sending are "one upper level, one lower level," tweets Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. He says one is a pitcher and the other is a position player.

Have to give Hendry credit if he gets one upper level spec for Fukudome :)

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
:yeah:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Muskat believes Colvin getting the call up

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes the most sense but I get the feeling that means a lot of Baker\dewitt in the of.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruce Miles is also reporting that Colvin likely to get the call when the deal is official.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I like

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess the Indians are gonna be Fuk'd now. :lol:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
10:30am: Hoynes tweets that the Indians are paying $775K of Fukudome's remaining salary, which would leave about $3.9MM for the Cubs.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indians Very Close To Acquiring Kosuke Fukudome

Damn was hoping for a little better than that for paying most of his contract but it's better than nothing I suppose.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea that looks like a preety terrible haul for paying him to play elsewhere. Something is better than nothing but really can't believe the best they can do is a 25 year old reliever and 21 year old athlete with terrible obp.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
7/28 Fukudome to the Indians
The Cubs are expected to deal Kosuke Fukudome to the Indians for two Minor Leaguers on Thursday. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweeted the two teams were talking and Danny Knobler of CBS Sports said the deal was “very close to happening.” Both Shin-Soo Choo and Grady Sizemore are on the disabled list, and the Tribe needs help in the outfield. Fukudome, 34, is batting .273 with the Cubs. He’s owed about $4.7 million for the rest of the season, and the Cubs may pick up most of that money. He has a limited no-trade clause and the Indians were believed to be one of the teams he would not accept a deal to. However, he apparently waived that clause.

The Minor Leaguers mentioned include outfielder Abner Abreu and right-handed pitcher Carlton Smith. Details are still being finalized.

If Fukudome is dealt, expect Tyler Colvin to be called up to the big league team.

Muskat Ramblings

Sounds like Muskat hearing same thing as other reports on guys cubs getting

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea that looks like a preety terrible haul for paying him to play elsewhere. Something is better than nothing but really can't believe the best they can do is a 25 year old reliever and 21 year old athlete with terrible obp.

the OF saids his favorite player is Soriano. :nervous:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
RF with 13 RBI's what did u expect?

Who has batted leadoff basically all year and has an obp well over 360 in a market devoid of much talent with Rasmus and Beltran off the board. The Indians are basically paying less than than a quarter of his salary and the prospects don't look that great. Perhaps we get a steal but I think it is all right to be a little disappointed and worried what the potential haul for any of the otherguys we want to deal will be.