Cubs Trade Fukudome To Indians

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
@espnchijon Abreu career: 400 strikeouts, 80 walks. 21 and at A ball.

I read that ba had him as the best of arm in the indians system. The guy is clearly a great athlete with power and speed. His plat3 discipline is terrible and he is an organization that has shown no ability to improve players in that category unforunately.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
I would be surprised as well but the discussion is pointless while he is still the best option in lf. Colvin getting two months in rf can change that assessment though.

Exactly. As much as fans want to see Campana or Johnson or Colvin play ahead of him, Soriano is still the best option in left.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
PWSullivan Paul Sullivan
Quade says Castro, Barney, Campy are leadoff options.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendry don' goofed.

The only thing this really does is free up salary. To not sign Fielder or Pujols.

And it allows me to wear my Colvin shirt again.

I can't believe all we got out of an average hitter and an excellent RFer are two prospects that will most likely rot in AAA. Like I would think at least one of them would be great.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And David Kaplan just got excited.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
and remind me why the worst arm on the team is in rf?

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
I am sorry, but I am not a Campy fan. Outside of his speed, he does nothing good for the team.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indians Very Close To Acquiring Kosuke Fukudome

Not hendrys best trade but it's better than nothing.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
and remind me why the worst arm on the team is in rf?

Worst on team? Maybe in all baseball.

Johnson is having back issues, Colvin isn't there YET, Dewitt.... enough said. baker, likely a better choice.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
When he makes Tom Goodwin look like a power hitter and his arm is worse than Juan Pierre there isn't a lot to like. The only way Campana would be useful if he learned to basically never strike out and draw a fair amount of walks. The odds of him doing that in this organizzation at age 25 is basically none.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst on team? Maybe in all baseball.

Johnson is having back issues, Colvin isn't there YET, Dewitt.... enough said. baker, likely a better choice.

I thought colvin was already here. Thought I read a report that they brought him to milwaukee just in case a deal was made. But if you are playing campana why not him in center and bryd in right.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LF: Byrd
CF: Campana
RF: Colvin

Fuck Sori.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
I thought colvin was already here. Thought I read a report that they brought him to milwaukee just in case a deal was made. But if you are playing campana why not him in center and bryd in right.

Colvin was on his way, don't think he was ever here. He will be there by game time, but they must not have wanted him to play after traveling all day.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

When he makes Tom Goodwin look like a power hitter and his arm is worse than Juan Pierre there isn't a lot to like. The only way Campana would be useful if he learned to basically never strike out and draw a fair amount of walks. The odds of him doing that in this organizzation at age 25 is basically none.

He's just so bad.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Easier just to scratch Dome name and put in campy.

That might have required a new lineup sheet and those aren't free.

We're on a budget here.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I was really hoping for a derosa type deal.

This hasn't been a good move by hendry. At least get young shitty pitchers.

Derosa was a much more productive player when we traded him then Fukudome and it isnt even close.