CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It would have to be a huge haul to trade Shark. But, if you do trade Shark it probably puts this franchise back another 2 or so year so pick your poison. Garza I believe wants out because he is tired of losing. I have no information saying that just more of a gut feeling.
Agreed. I would think at his age he needs to be on a contender and doesn't have time to wait for the farmhands to perform well at the MLB level.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I would think at his age he needs to be on a contender and doesn't have time to wait for the farmhands to perform well at the MLB level.

So whom then?

DBacks and Orioles? Neither of which really want to part with their top pitchers.

Athletics? Sonny Gray would be nice......but he's not the best player in Oakland's farm, and though the best pitcher, hes on the only listed in the top 10.

Would the Rays take Shark on a 2 year rental? Theo really wanted Hellickson this past winter.

Very short list......we'd really need to see Arizona get desperate and give up Bradley and Skaggs......though this 3B Matt Davidson sitting in AAA in Reno looks good. I could do a Bradley, Davidson, and Dave Holmberg package to start.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
It would have to be a huge haul to trade Shark. But, if you do trade Shark it probably puts this franchise back another 2 or so year so pick your poison. Garza I believe wants out because he is tired of losing. I have no information saying that just more of a gut feeling.

If Garza is tired of losing, I can only imagine how Shark feels.

I never said trading him away for A ball pitchers. You get close to ready pitchers or players. All Shark is doing right now is pitching for a very lousy team. What is that accomplishing? A stacked farm with lot's and lots of options to not only choose from, but also trade is what is needed.

There were many around here that wanted the Cubs to go after David Price in Tampa knowing full well that it would have taken two of Baez, Almora, and Soler (the tops in the system) just to start the talks. Remember what Garza netted from the Cubs? He was a middle of the rotation pitcher on a very good team.

Shark is going to start demanding a lot of money naturally if he gets an extension furthering the Cubs to keep spewing out that they are poor and every penny is spent.

Emptying the farm puts the franchise back a couple of years, not trading Shark. If anything, it would speed up the process by stacking the farm in my opinion.

Adding nothing around Shark is what's slowing this team down, and until they convince me that they are spending money to acquire talent, I am sticking to my guns.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steve Clevenger might be close to being traded. One scenario being floated is traded to Miami with international bonus pool money involved. Seems likely that they are cleaning up the 40 man roster ahead of the trade deadline.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Like D3A is referring to, it's never a bad thing to have too many good players at one position.

It may not be bad to have too many at one position. but it is bad to trade for a position where you already have a prospect when you have several other holes.