Cutler to Miami appears to be a done deal

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Good luck to Jay ! I really hope he does well.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Cutler do well. But here's the rub-if Cutler balls out, and sets the world on fire in Miami, then Mitch is absolutely, positively FUCKED, because it will mean that the problem was clearly with the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the fans catch on and know where to place the blame if that happens.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I question whether broadcasting will even be an option for him anymore after this move. FOX certainly isn't going to roll out the red carpet waiting for him to come back anytime soon. He put them in a really difficult position. To me, this could turn out to be a very poor long-term decision for Jay. He's already sullying his reputation with other broadcasting companies before even calling a single game. It's not a good look.

Sawinnnnga and a miss.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But what if he worked for 26 years as a broadcaster? :thinking:

And that's not even accounting for wage increases!
I bet he gets even better offers once he gets his SB LII and LIII rings.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube;-WZcMjgI3qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZcMjgI3qY&t=652s[/video]

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
contract details-

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
When I'm picking BBQ crumbs in between the pee-stained couch cushion in my moms basement, I love laughing at how Cutty has failed at life.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
When I'm picking BBQ crumbs in between the pee-stained couch cushion in my moms basement, I love laughing at how Cutty has failed at life.

Honestly it's kind of the opposite. He has really succeeded at life. He got a degree from a very prestigious university, got paid like a top qb without ever having to produce, married a beautiful women that already had a bunch of money, and has a potential job in television waiting for him when he finally calls it quits. He may not have succeeded at football but his life sounds pretty good to me (minus the diabetes)

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Honestly it's kind of the opposite. He has really succeeded at life. He got a degree from a very prestigious university, got paid like a top qb without ever having to produce, married a beautiful women that already had a bunch of money, and has a potential job in television waiting for him when he finally calls it quits. He may not have succeeded at football but his life sounds pretty good to me (minus the diabetes)

It's almost as if he was joking around.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Actually his wife is a dumb cunt. He got a typical football degree in sociology. Ripping off the Bears stands as his only stroke of genius.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Actually his wife is a dumb cunt. He got a typical football degree in sociology. Ripping off the Bears stands as his only stroke of genius.

And he didn't even have to do anything. They basically just said "here's a 126 million dollar contract" and he said "ok"

Granted, he didn't get all of it, but still. I don't hate Jay for his ups and downs here. I'm more angry at the organization for keeping him around so long.

If a little kid at the store is being a brat and his parents are just standing there, watching, who do you blame? Yeah the kid is a brat, but the parents aren't doing anything to stop it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

It's a fucking joke, numnuts.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Funny how the Anyone But Cutler crew is throwing fits because he working anywhere but Chicago.

Nice job making shit up.

We're happy he's gone.

We feel bad for Gase.

Because dodging the coach killer twice would be almost impossible.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm more angry at the organization for keeping him around so long.

As I always said at the time, who did you have that was better?
We should've been trying to draft a QB all along, but had we been doing that all along we would've had Rodgers instead of Benson. But but Rex is our QB, but but '06.
Until you're in a position of having a Brady, Rodgers or P. Manning you should always be looking to upgrade the QB position. At worst you trade the lesser off.

Of course you don't tie yourself to a QB like Cutler with a long contract. That pretty much stuck us with not being able to try to upgrade until last year. His price tag made him untradeable. I blame the Bears for that contract. But I don't see any better QB we could've had being passed up during his time.
What I saw yesterday was we did better getting Trubisky this year rather than Lynch last year.