Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They obviously failed on the Wentz and Wilson trade. So now they are signning back quality quarterbacks? Pace and Nagy are as good as gone.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He hasn't been back yet?
Reaction gif tagged with crying, no, Jensen Ackles, Dean Winchester,  Supernatural

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is not a guaranteed $10 mil............This is like the Jamies contract, I believe. Will try to link sources soon.
This is a back-up QB contract. I have to believe that there is a bigger move coming.
IF not then we are fucked!!! And many here will get their wish of Pace and Nagy being gone by season end.
They cannot be that stupid!!
If they like Dalton that much, they could have just signed him last year for $3m without giving up a draft pick and taking on all of Fole's baggage. This is a huge WTF regardless of what comes next.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I guess Seattle is not trading Wilson at this time.

My guess is they were underwhelmed at the offers and want Wilson to play another year in order to get more for him.

It was fun while it lasted
What, you're not going to make a thread about how the Dalton signing is proof the Bears are going to acquire Wilson?

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. It's not like there was an abundance of franchise QB's out there. Wilson and Watson were way over-priced and they would have given the Bears exactly a one year shot to get to the SB. After that their window would be all but closed and worse, without draft picks no realistic way to recover. Also unlikely a first year QB is gonna be good enough right away to get to a SB. Put a LT and a quality receiver in the mix (which is more than achievable now) and there's no reason Dalton can't get better results than Trubs.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
Also, based on this might as well trade down and get more picks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Silver lining: I normally spend way too much time in the offseason waiting for the next season to get rolling. Between this, and the window closing on what was an amazing defense, I frankly don't give a fuck and expect to be like "oh, it's week 1 already?" in early September. Unless something dramatic happens in FA, the draft, etc we are officially in rebuild mode after this season. IMHO. So Pace, thanks for helping me better prioritize things in my life?
Bad time to be a mod. Now you have to attend, LOL.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet ARob is excited about this QB development

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What, you're not going to make a thread about how the Dalton signing is proof the Bears are going to acquire Wilson?

I was excited while there was actual hope out there, but I'm not one to die on a hill just because I can't admit the cold hard truth that I was wrong.

Still, it was a fun two weeks - I'd rather have fun hoping and be entertained only to be let down, than just stay in a state of permanent misery; but that's just me.

I'd rather just take things as they are, as they come.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton was released after the draft last year. Wasn't available when they traded for Foles. Not a fan of either but at least get your facts straight. Plenty to hate without making shit up.