Dan Carcillo

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
You think the grit, although needed, was to show Richards that he would be protected if he came here?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yea I heard it too... Stamkos and Richards are both taking pay cuts to come to Chicago. Tampa is going to sign and trade Stamkos here for Beach/Campoli and a 1st and a 2nd. AWESOME!!!

Fuck me if that happens the Tampa fan will commit suicide and I will give Canada Day on Robson street a celebration they have never seen before (not celebrating the Tampa fans death).

Better get the street cleaners out!!!

How do we afford Stamkos though? The kid hasn't had a real NHL contract to take a "pay cut".

If Scotty can make this happen then who cares about Frolik and Campoli.

I have feeling that Tampa would want more in return though even though a 1st and 2nd do sweeten the pot. But what value do a Hawks 1st and 2nd have? Those would be low picks.

Stranger things have happened but this sort of stinks like a 15 year old rumor on Twitter.

P.S Stamkos AND Richards? Not happening

R K

Lets see, all these guys are on one year contract. Freeing up the space next year. They now have the grit to protect players, without doubt.

We still need a 2nd line Center and they know that. I think Stu was being sarcastic but in reality there is still a chance for something to happen and the money to do so, seeing as how Frolik and Campoli have not been resigned.

Again I won't say what I heard but it was a reliable source that would probably know anymore that any of us. I still doubt it but again, with MCD at the helm, anything is possible.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bullshit...this means Scott is gonna be released...

Bet he's not.

As RK hinted... isn't it kind of odd that the 4th line is making under 2mil collectively? Lots of money to throw at the top two lines... something else is likely coming.

Also on Scott... Stan has said that he will get more ice time next year because the star players like him on the ice and they are working hard to improve his skating.

R K

Bullshit...this means Scott is gonna be released...

No way. The players like him. He's going to stay. Want to make a bet on it?
<

bierboy

Liked Posts:
No way. The players like him. He's going to stay. Want to make a bet on it?
<

...and just because the "players like him" means we should keep any player? BS...

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'm not happy about this signing. Would rather have Beach. Hate Carcillo.

Canucks fan buddy sent me a text saying "Now you can't really say shit about Burrows and Lapierre" I responded with "Carcillo never bit anyone" but still...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not happy about this signing. Would rather have Beach. Hate Carcillo.

Canucks fan buddy sent me a text saying "Now you can't really say shit about Burrows and Lapierre" I responded with "Carcillo never bit anyone" but still...

He has 3 teeth in his head, how would he bite anyone?

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Yea right you praised him in the playoffs just like you'll praise Carcillo next year... you'll just be too stubborn to admit it.

Just because a guy plays well in the playoffs, doesn't mean I love him (see ---> Buff). I still think Scott is a complete waste of roster space and I could give a flying ---- whether his teamates "like him". You do what you have to do to make the team better, and if that means getting rid of someone who is a waste of space, then you do it....regardless of whether he's "likeable". Scott DOES NOT help this team...he should be gone...

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Lets see, all these guys are on one year contract. Freeing up the space next year. They now have the grit to protect players, without doubt.

We still need a 2nd line Center and they know that. I think Stu was being sarcastic but in reality there is still a chance for something to happen and the money to do so, seeing as how Frolik and Campoli have not been resigned.

Again I won't say what I heard but it was a reliable source that would probably know anymore that any of us. I still doubt it but again, with MCD at the helm, anything is possible.

Is H Sedin coming here?

I am in shock people are upset about the Carcillo siging. Shocked? That I can understand but there is no need to be upset about having a 4th line playing like a 4th line is supposed to play. We could always go back to that garbage line we had last year where no one threw a hit. I know I loved that.

Anyone remember Carcillo in the playoffs 2 years ago? Guy was actually productive. I don't recall him taking too many dumb penalties either (he took a few who doesn't?). I don't believe Carcillo is unmanegable either. Wayner couldn't do it in Phoenix because Wayner was an absolute horrible coach...even he will admit that. Flyers actually could tame the guys at times..but like a previous poster said...the Flyers encourage that style and pet you on the head when you take a dumb penalty. Q benches and Toews gives you the death glare. And give some credit to Carcillo..he is well aware that he is on a true contender and this may be the last shot he gets at the cup. I think even hack players mature at points.

Dressing room will certainly be interesting though.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF????!!!????? There is very little this guy can do that will cause me to be happy to see him in the indianhead. Seriously Stan, WTF were you thinking????

What love for Scott Stu? NONE, I have none for him.

Preach brotha! Jesus Fucking Christ! I can't believe they signed this Grade-A meathead. So undisciplined---and no team/coach combo has ever been able to rid him of his atrocious and ill-advised penalty-taking. And the lunkhead can't fight so WTF? Awesome---we're shaping up to have a nice "gritty, gritty, GRITTY!" 4th line that does nothing except accumulate PIM which is so extra-sweet considering how failtastic the PK was for most of this past season.

R K

Just because a guy plays well in the playoffs, doesn't mean I love him (see ---> Buff). I still think Scott is a complete waste of roster space and I could give a flying ---- whether his teamates "like him". You do what you have to do to make the team better, and if that means getting rid of someone who is a waste of space, then you do it....regardless of whether he's "likeable". Scott DOES NOT help this team...he should be gone...

This is not a Scott thread but I believe Stan disagrees with you. I don't think Scott adds a lot, no. But if the players find a sense of security with him in the line up and the locker room, who knows. I'm not to say it's right or wrong and neither are you.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
This is not a Scott thread but I believe Stan disagrees with you. I don't think Scott adds a lot, no. But if the players find a sense of security with him in the line up and the locker room, who knows. I'm not to say it's right or wrong and neither are you.

if Scott hadn't been kicked out of game 4, Bieksa wouldn't have jumped Stalberg

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
O......M......G.....

That's all I'm going to say.... And as much as I hate to go with Stu on things, I'm gonna like the little hack on this team... Anything to piss off and egg on the Canucks makes this a good deal.

I'm with what a few of you are saying --- Q and Toews are not going to take his undisciplined crap. But if he can utilize it in a good way, and I believe he can, then he'd be one hell of an agitator.

He also has some small offensive talent to a small degree as well (For an agitator, 2 goals is one hell of an accomplishment)... and come on... we've needed one of those out of an agitator for quite some time. Scott is big, but he can't skate.... let alone score...

But if said rumor I hear flying around is true, and I hope to God it is what I think it is, I'm with RK on this one... instant contenders again.