Darnell Mooney

msadows

Liked Posts:
Love Toney going back to last year. Bears could be out of reach. Someone they could get a bit later with a similar skill set is Jaelon Darden from North Texas. He is a stud.

I expect the bears to lose next week and get the 15/16 pick.

If they trade down a bit they could probably pick up a 3rd rounder and still get trask in the early 20's. Use both 3rd rounders to trade up into the late 2nd and pick up toney.

Won't ever happen, but a guy can dream.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fairly certain you have as many posts about Reagor as you did mims and claypool combined, but okay.

Raegor was my favorite WR for sure but again he wasnt available so he is irrelevant. And I did a ton of Mocks where I took Claypool because most mocks had Raegor and Mims gone.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Agreed. IF we can somehow get trask 1st round, Leatherwood 2nd, and toney via trade up it would be my ideal draft at this point.

Toney would replace miller in the slot. If you could somehow get Arob to come back or franchise him this would be a very very very nice skill position group going forward.

Arob, Mooney, Toney, Miller, Kmet, Monty, Cohen.

Beast.

Toney would also give us a kick return option since I doubt patterson comes back.
Id jizz my pants if that was our draft lol!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He's football obsessed. Exactly what you want out of a prospect, so shrewd to pick him up.

I have said this a few times, but if the draft were held again tomorrow Mooney wouldn't go outside the top fifty. Probably wouldn't even fall out of the first round. His talent is glaring. He's got a lot of twitch to him and explosiveness, he's a legit burner. Never goes down easy. Doesn't have a single drop on the year. That last one is immensely telling about his work ethic. For a rookie to not drop a single pass on eighty-five targets is a feat, and it doesn't happen by accident...especially for a guy who had a drops as a major negative on his scouting reports.

Problem is he's majorly undersized. So undersized that I worry about him suffering a catastrophic injury. He's got to bulk up, even if it costs him some speed. He really just has to get to something like Tyreek Hill's size, that would be enough to at least guarantee him some amount of durability.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had his first drop last week. Agree on the bulk, not for anything other than protecting his frame. He reminds me of a mix Greg Jennings and Desean Jackson.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill is a wr trapped in a RBs body. He's extremely thick for his weight. Mooney will never be that. Totally different body composition.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill is a wr trapped in a RBs body. He's extremely thick for his weight. Mooney will never be that. Totally different body composition.
Oh yeah no doubt. Mooney's a twig. But at least if he adds some weight he'll fare better in the physics of NFL collisions. Especially since Mooney is so eager to initiate contact.

Though that honey badger mentality does sometimes make it so little guys can play at a much higher physicality than you'd think.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He had his first drop last week. Agree on the bulk, not for anything other than protecting his frame. He reminds me of a mix Greg Jennings and Desean Jackson.
I must've missed that. Bummer.

As far as Bears comps go he reminds me a lot of Taylor Gabriel, a guy who at times was the Bears best offensive player during his injury shortened tenure (and one of Pace's low-key best free agent signings). Travis Benjamin is another good recent leaguewide comp, both are twitchy, fast and undersized. But Mooney is a lot more physical and eager for contact than Benjamin was.

If you really want to go back a bit he looks to me most like Dennis Northcutt without the special teams chops. However Mooney has Northcutt's fearlessness and mentality. Its actually surprising that guy with Mooney's attitude doesn't return kicks and punts.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
UA representing!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mooney is everything I thought Anthony Miller was going to be. Sucks about Miller, but I'm stoked about Mooney.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I expect the bears to lose next week and get the 15/16 pick.

If they trade down a bit they could probably pick up a 3rd rounder and still get trask in the early 20's. Use both 3rd rounders to trade up into the late 2nd and pick up toney.

Won't ever happen, but a guy can dream.
Bears are mathematically eliminated from getting the 15th pick and very unlikely for 16th because LV SoS.

Almost certainly will have 17 if they don't make the playoffs, 20 if they do and lose in R1.

I think Toney is gone by early second. Bears will not draft him.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Love Mooney. He opens up the field, breaks tackles, and his effort is amazing. Big upside with him especially when A-Rob isn’t re-signed

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Agreed. IF we can somehow get trask 1st round, Leatherwood 2nd, and toney via trade up it would be my ideal draft at this point.

Toney would replace miller in the slot. If you could somehow get Arob to come back or franchise him this would be a very very very nice skill position group going forward.

Arob, Mooney, Toney, Miller, Kmet, Monty, Cohen.

Beast.

Toney would also give us a kick return option since I doubt patterson comes back.
With no O line, it would not be ideal.

I am not crazy about Miller’s production thus far but the same skill personnel with time to throw, and run blocking, is the better option.

No matter who isQB, RB, WR, we need much better O line play. Don’t let the last few weeks for you. We are playing far worse competition. If the Bears go into the off-season fooled by the old line over a three week stretch it would be a huge mistake

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would not mess with Mooney in terms of bulking up. Rather depending on his body fat %, I would be focused more on adding muscle while maintaining his current weight. Maybe he can add about 10 pounds without sacrificing speed but ultimately he has a slim frame so wouldn't go much beyond that. Mooney will fight for yards and evade tackles but knows when to get down.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish more people were around to tell us how they thought we should draft mooney
#calledit
:snoop"
"Take a look at Darnell Mooney at WR as a late round pick. May become the steal of the draft "

My back is getting sore from all the patting. ?

Last edited:

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I would not mess with Mooney in terms of bulking up. Rather depending on his body fat %, I would be focused more on adding muscle while maintaining his current weight. Maybe he can add about 10 pounds without sacrificing speed but ultimately he has a slim frame so wouldn't go much beyond that. Mooney will fight for yards and evade tackles but knows when to get down.
Agree, he should just focus on getting stronger and not worry as much about adding weight. I think players with his speed and quick twitch, who force added weight, just seems to lead to soft tissue injuries. He is a clone in size to Desean Jackson, and a bit shorter but very similar to Calvin Ridley. The scary comparison is Johnny Knox, but that was more of a freak injury.

He is elusive enough to limit big hits. I think he is a great compliment to ARob, as he does so much of the dirty work. Let's also give Mooney credit for how willing he is as a blocker, the dude competes.