Darnell Mooney

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ridley was the big disappointment. I expected him to have an actual role this season, and he is looking like a complete bust that can't get on the field.
The Two weeks he was active he caught everything thrown his way, made plays., i don’t get what wims does that he can’t... he must not punch people in there helmet very well

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Two weeks he was active he caught everything thrown his way, made plays., i don’t get what wims does that he can’t... he must not punch people in there helmet very well

He had 4 catches and 39 yards ie not even 10 yards a catch.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wims is a better blocker, actually a solid blocker for a WR.

But I'm with you, seems like Ridley should get more of a chance.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wims is a better blocker, actually a solid blocker for a WR.

But I'm with you, seems like Ridley should get more of a chance.
he’s a draft pick, I don’t understand. Maybe he sucks in Nagys great practices

dennehy

Liked Posts:
he’s a draft pick, I don’t understand. Maybe he sucks in Nagys great practices
Lots of stuff about him being in Nagy's doghouse over route concepts or something last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On 4 tgts

And Wims since his suspension? Exactly

The point was more so neither offers much in the passing game so as dennehy says it comes down to Wims being the better blocker. It probably also doesn't help that he doesn't play special teams so really very little reason for him to be active.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of stuff about him being in Nagy's doghouse over route concepts or something last year.
Interesting. In limited snaps he looked the part, I get wims is a bigger body.

in the last game of wims only had 3 snaps on ST. It’s not like he’s this huge contributor. He had 36 on offense. Like I said, don’t get it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You clearly haven't researched at all. Eddie Jackson would add 7.1 million to the cap if you cut him and if you traded him then he would save 2 million. Eddie Goldman would add 5.05 million to cut and about 400k to trade. Those are pretty stupid moves to make.

So yes it really is hard to do what you suggest as what you are suggesting would actually increase our cap not decrease it. If you cut/trade/restructure Fuller, Hicks, Graham, Skrine, Massie and Leno, you still don't have enough money right now to sign ARob, Trubs, JuJu and the 25 other players you need to fill out a roster. But don't take my word for it.

Feel free to play with the above which allows you to mock up any combination of moves and let me know how you creating the cap space you need to pull off what you are suggesting.

Just as an example, if you trade, Fuller, Hicks, Goldman, Jackson and cut Graham and Skrine, that only gets you to 28 million in cap space assuming 176 million in cap. You simply cannot sign ARob, Trubs, and Juju plus 23 other players for that amount.

So lets also cut Massie and Leno. That gets you to 45 million. Ok so 4M costs like 24 million on a tag. Let's say ARob 1st year salary is 10 million and Juju's is 8 million. That is 42 million. So you have 3 million left. That is not enough to sign 23 players and now you need a new FS, two new guys on the DL, a new starting CB, new LT, new RT. And you propose to fill all those starting positions and remaining roster spots with 3 million?

The math does not work. We will be lucky if we keep one of 4M and ARob much less trying to keep both plus add Juju.

I made it through the first of your many paragraphs but i know too well what having any kind of debate with you brings and it's not something i will ever feel like doing again and am actually making it one of my top things to give up for the New Year.

You're the guy that every single offseason talks about how we can't afford to do this or to do that and every time i come in and say how there's always ways to create cap space if it's needed and every time that space gets created. There's things that go on in the real world of the NFL that none of us will ever understand and ways to create cap space always ends up being one of those things.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Well as i've been saying for months now, we're gonna have to make some tough cuts with a highly paid defensive player or two or trade one. Whatever it takes to create cap space but when a team needs cap space there's many ways to create it which is something i say every single offseason.

So the guys i've been saying that i'd have on my list of guys to cut/trade are:

A.Hicks
E.Jackson
E.Goldman

K.Fuller is also an option but if the choice was mine i'm keeping Kyle.

Then of course J.Graham and B.Skrine are easy cuts.

Then one of ARob or Trubs gets tagged.

It's really not that hard to be able to do what i suggested and could even do more if they wanted to.

From what I've heard, none of your picks on d would be effective clearing of cap.

BUT

Leno and Massie WOULD be.

And the draft is deep at tackle.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Interesting. In limited snaps he looked the part, I get wims is a bigger body.

in the last game of wims only had 3 snaps on ST. It’s not like he’s this huge contributor. He had 36 on offense. Like I said, don’t get it

No reason to talk WR with remy, his eyes for talent at that position are about as good as ryan pace's at QB.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
You clearly haven't researched at all. Eddie Jackson would add 7.1 million to the cap if you cut him and if you traded him then he would save 2 million. Eddie Goldman would add 5.05 million to cut and about 400k to trade. Those are pretty stupid moves to make.

So yes it really is hard to do what you suggest as what you are suggesting would actually increase our cap not decrease it. If you cut/trade/restructure Fuller, Hicks, Graham, Skrine, Massie and Leno, you still don't have enough money right now to sign ARob, Trubs, JuJu and the 25 other players you need to fill out a roster. But don't take my word for it.

Feel free to play with the above which allows you to mock up any combination of moves and let me know how you creating the cap space you need to pull off what you are suggesting.

Just as an example, if you trade, Fuller, Hicks, Goldman, Jackson and cut Graham and Skrine, that only gets you to 28 million in cap space assuming 176 million in cap. You simply cannot sign ARob, Trubs, and Juju plus 23 other players for that amount.

So lets also cut Massie and Leno. That gets you to 45 million. Ok so 4M costs like 24 million on a tag. Let's say ARob 1st year salary is 10 million and Juju's is 8 million. That is 42 million. So you have 3 million left. That is not enough to sign 23 players and now you need a new FS, two new guys on the DL, a new starting CB, new LT, new RT. And you propose to fill all those starting positions and remaining roster spots with 3 million?

The math does not work. We will be lucky if we keep one of 4M and ARob much less trying to keep both plus add Juju.

If you cut Leno and Massie, is it possible to retain ARob and Mitch for 2 years?

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

That's what I thought I wanted to confirm.

I am the looking at this draft I know we will definitely need a left tackle. The one question I do have is whether Alex bars can play right tackle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I made it through the first of your many paragraphs but i know too well what having any kind of debate with you brings and it's not something i will ever feel like doing again and am actually making it one of my top things to give up for the New Year.

You're the guy that every single offseason talks about how we can't afford to do this or to do that and every time i come in and say how there's always ways to create cap space if it's needed and every time that space gets created. There's things that go on in the real world of the NFL that none of us will ever understand and ways to create cap space always ends up being one of those things.

This is BS. Every year I usually tell posters we can afford to make moves as I did for example when I told you we could afford to pay Mack.

This is the first year the Bears are really cap strapped so you are making up shit.

Fuether I like how you cant even acknowledge how dumb it was to suggest cutting Jackson or Goldman when doing so would add a combined 12 million to the cap.

There is no shame in simply admitting you hadnt looked into the cap in detail and didnt realize how bad it is.

msadows

Liked Posts:
the funny thing is it really isn’t though. remy and i had this conversation like 2 days ago and he’s right it’s more than likely one or the other with mitch and arob.

If they want to sign both they will find a way to make it happen.

Graham, Skrine, Massie cuts give you more than enough to sign Mitch.

You can extend fuller(He deserves it) to lower his insane 20m cap hit, and then move money on Jacksons deal and you should have enough to sign Arob.

Easy.

Mitch more than likely isn't getting 20m a year.

I heavily doubt he plays well against the packers this week. He usually doesn't. Yes, he might get some interest in FA but thats mostly due to no one else really being in this FA class outside of him. My guess is he gets 15m/yr.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

You can extend fuller(He deserves it) to lower his insane 20m cap hit, and then move money on Jacksons deal and you should have enough to sign Arob.

Easy.

I heavily doubt he plays well against the packers this week. He usually doesn't. Yes, he might get some interest in FA but thats mostly due to no one else really being in this FA class outside of him. My guess is he gets 15m/yr.

I think this weekend will tell the book on both Mitch and A-Rob.

We know what A-Rob can do. If Mitch plays well against the Packers, I can see the Bears making moves to keep both.

If Mitch fails, and proves he can't keep up his production against a better defense, I can actually see a situation where the Bears move on from BOTH.

Which also means I wouldn't be surprised in that instance to see them draft a LT in round 1, and a QB in round 2 (or vice versa) - Nick Foles would end up starting until they felt the rookie was ready.

It certainly would suck going into the new season, but the cap is so tight, you might have a year where you just have to make the best with what you got.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think this weekend will tell the book on both Mitch and A-Rob.

We know what A-Rob can do. If Mitch plays well against the Packers, I can see the Bears making moves to keep both.

If Mitch fails, and proves he can't keep up his production against a better defense, I can actually see a situation where the Bears move on from BOTH.

Which also means I wouldn't be surprised in that instance to see them draft a LT in round 1, and a QB in round 2 (or vice versa) - Nick Foles would end up starting until they felt the rookie was ready.

It certainly would suck going into the new season, but the cap is so tight, you might have a year where you just have to make the best with what you got.

This is the most likely scenario, but one I hope doesn't happen.

Arob is a top 10 WR with bad QB's throwing to him. Letting him walk would be a mistake.

My guess is both of them go to san fran with the money they save from cutting Jimmy G.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Easy.

Umm you still have 23 or so roster spots to fill. You need another 15 million for the rookie pool and the rest of the roster because we only have 35 players under contract prior to the cuts you are suggesting.

So its like 15m for 4M, 18m for ARob, 15m for draft pool and full roster. You can get ARobs 1st year salary to say 12 million but that is still about 42m in cap space or 48 if the cap is 176 since we are 6m in the hole already based on that cap.

And that assumes the GM uses all of the cap but Pace tends to keep like 5-10m in reserve so really you need about 50-60m in cap space.

Last edited: