Darnell Mooney

msadows

Liked Posts:
Umm you still have 23 or so roster spots to fill. You need another 15 million for the rookie pool and the rest of the roster because we only have 35 players under contract prior to the cuts you are suggesting.

If they want to sign both, they will find a way to do it.

Not gonna take cap advice from the dum dum of the forum.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No one is disputing this. I am saying you would have to gut more of the team than you are suggesting then when the Bears suck you will have to come up with more excuses for 4M like blaming the D or the OL that was fucked in the attempt to keep ARob and 4M.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No one is disputing this. I am saying you would have to gut more of the team than you are suggesting then when the Bears suck you will have to come up with more excuses for 4M like blaming the D or the OL that was fucked in the attempt to keep ARob and 4M.

Better than not signing another QB because you think that nick foles 6.6m cap hit doesn't allow you to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better than not signing another QB because you think that nick foles 6.6m cap hit doesn't allow you to.

No one ever claimed this. I said I dont want to sign 4M because that 15m can go to improving the OL and I want to draft a QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No one ever claimed this. I said I dont want to sign 4M because that 15m can go to improving the OL and I want to draft a QB.

Nah, nah. You totally said it would be in the best interest of the bears for Mitch to not play well so they wouldn't have to sign him again.

Imagine thinking 6.6m is the reason you can't sign another QB.

You'd make a great gm.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, nah. You totally said it would be in the best interest of the bears for Mitch to not play well so they wouldn't have to sign him again.

Imagine thinking 6.6m is the reason you can't sign another QB.

You'd make a great gm.

No I said it would be in best interests for 4M to not play well because I dont think it would be real and Pace and idiot Bears fans would use it as justification to stick with him. You are currently proving me right.

If 4M becomes the franchise QB then and only then would I be wrong.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
This is the most likely scenario, but one I hope doesn't happen.

Arob is a top 10 WR with bad QB's throwing to him. Letting him walk would be a mistake.

My guess is both of them go to san fran with the money they save from cutting Jimmy G.

Here's the thing - extend that logic a bit if the Bears make the playoffs, even if they back in.

The Bears will have Gone 29 and 19 or 28 and 20 in 3 years and had 2 playoff appearances with a bad QB.

It's an argument I could see Bears management using to keep Nagy and Pace.

If I had to put money on it, I would bet Mitch doesn't do well against Green Bay, Bears allow Mitch and A-Rob to move on, and you have a new drafted QB next year who will sit behind Nick Foles as Nagy goes back to "his" offense. And I wouldn't be surprised if they went Left Tackle in round 1, and QB in round 2, since they are counting on a project to sit for a year anyway.

They will sell 2021 as a "transition" year due to COVID and the cap, and then figure out A-Rob's real replacement in the offseason before the 2022 season.

That's what I would bet on.

What I would LOVE to see is Mitch play lights out vs Green Bay and force the issue. If that happens, I could see a situation where they align all the contracts for Mitch, Pace, and Nagy for the next 2 years, re-sign A-Rob, and see just how far Mitch can go in Lazor's offense.

Either way, I think we are stuck with Pace and Nagy for 2 more years. I just think with Mitch still on the team, it handcuffs Nagy from his stupid tendencies somewhat.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
No I said it would be in best interests for 4M to not play well because I dont think it would be real and Pace and idiot Bears fans would use it as justification to stick with him. You are currently proving me right.

If 4M becomes the franchise QB then and only then would I be wrong.

Think about what you are saying though. IF Mitch plays well, that means he played well against the Packers. And he would have played well for the back half of the season. In an offense that finally suits him.

I get the argument of just wanting to wash your hands of all the aggravation, but it really is cutting off your nose to spite your face at that point if that does happen, and here's why:

IF (and I still say this is a BIG if - this is not what I anticipate) Mitch plays really well vs Green Bay, and the Bears are running the offense they have been for the back half of the season (minus first Q in Jacksonville), it means Mitch finally, FINALLY will have shown progression and growth in a system.

And if that happens, it means your biggest issue isn't Mitch at all - it's Matt Nagy, who was too damn stubborn and REFUSED to tailor his offense to his team's talent, instead demanding they conform to his crazy ass scheme with way too many personnel groupings (which leads to bad clock management as groupings come on and off the field), and his horrible talent evaluation, which led to Whitehair playing center and making bad calls at the line, which got everyone out of position and blocking the wrong people, and led to Coward starting over the current line up, and ignored that they had a real center on the roster in Mustipher.

It'd be different if we were hearing from a contrite Nagy who was admitting to some young coach growing pains - I could forgive it then because he was admitting he was learning and growing from all that.

But I get NO impression Matt has learned a damn thing. If you don't have Mitch there and give him a shiny new QB to ruin?

Matt Nagy: "I'll Fucking do it again"
goofy[1].jpg

I'll give credit to Nagy for being a great glue guy. He could even be a great head coach. But not if he is calling the plays and running the offense.

It could be that we need Mitch and Nagy together to get the best out of both...

Which in a sense is a bit of stockholm syndrome, sure, but the way I see it, if we go the other road - unless Nagy learns his lesson we are FUCKED, and Pace will have drafted a replacement his successor will then likely be stuck with...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That statement was made before the season started not recently. Msaddows just likes rehashing old arguments because his feelings were hurt.

I already said recently that if 4M beats the Pack and wins a playoff game then he would have earned the right to return.

As for the Nagy/4m dynamic, the issue is that 4M coming out of college fit Nagy's system.

It sort of defies logic that a dude drafted because he ran a shotgun and RPO offense would suddenly suck at it in the NFL. His strengths in college inexplicably disappeared in the NFL. Nagy thought he was coming here to coach a guy proficient in shotgun and RPO and he turned out to be too mentally challenged to run it at the NFL level.

Put another way if Pace knew 4M's college tape was a lie he probably doesnt draft 4M and if he did he certainly would have hired a different coach to coach him most likely in the Shanny or McVay mold as their offenses are play action and bootleg based. There was just limited ability to know that as 4M ran very little of it in college.

Last edited:

napo55

Liked Posts:
Any body notice how QB Kyle Trask played in the Cotton Bowl ? Well, the brilliant passer had 3 ints and Florida was destroyed. By the way, his starting receivers opted out and he was left with scrubs who had little or no experience.

Maybe, in evaluating Mitch's play, we should pay more attention to the WR position. Right now, we have one very good receiver. a 175 pound rookie who is a work in progress, and very little else.

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
That statement was made before the season started not recently. Msaddows just likes rehashing old arguments because his feelings were hurt.

I already said recently that if 4M beats the Pack and wins a playoff game then he would have earned the right to return.

As for the Nagy/4m dynamic, the issue is that 4M coming out of college fit Nagy's system.

It sort of defies logic that a dude drafted because he ran a shotgun and RPO offense would suddenly suck at it in the NFL. His strengths in college inexplicably disappeared in the NFL. Nagy thought he was coming here to coach a guy proficient in shotgun and RPO and he turned out to be too mentally challenged to run it at the NFL level.

Put another way if Pace knew 4M's college tape was a lie he probably doesnt draft 4M and if he did he certainly would have hired a different coach to coach him most likely in the Shanny or McVay mold as their offenses are play action and bootleg based. There was just limited ability to know that as 4M ran very little of it in college.

The thing is, Mitch was drafted a year before Nagy got here, and based on everything that got leaked, Pace decided early he was going to draft Mitch no matter what, consulted no one, and Mitch himself was extremely raw, barely even getting time in those very same systems he was drafted to do.

So, to me, with Mitch in the building, it was a failure that he even had to go through a year with Fox.

Regardless, I do hope Mitch plays well and returns, because for the first time I can remember, it actually looks like a quarterback is developing in a Bears uniform. I just need a solid Green Bay to prove it wasn't a mirage.

I actually think there is a chance that Mitch has grown, even if against bad defenses. He is reading the blitz and burning it where he wasn't before. He isn't spastic with nervous energy to start a game. And as silly as this sounds, his overthrows lately have been by the length of about a hand or two, which is a lot closer than the 10-20 yard overthrows he was doing before. He still makes that crazy Mitch mistake 1-3 times a game, and I don't know if that will ever change. But even if it doesn't, but he can clean up the rest, that might be something we can win with. Frankly, it was what Brett Favre was known for, although Brett could read the whole field instead of needing it cut in half like Mitch does. But in the end what matters is how many points can be put up.

If this new Mitch and offense can put up 30 on the Packers and keep it to 1 turnover or less, I likely bring Mitch back, win or lose.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is BS. Every year I usually tell posters we can afford to make moves as I did for example when I told you we could afford to pay Mack.

This is the first year the Bears are really cap strapped so you are making up shit.

Fuether I like how you cant even acknowledge how dumb it was to suggest cutting Jackson or Goldman when doing so would add a combined 12 million to the cap.

There is no shame in simply admitting you hadnt looked into the cap in detail and didnt realize how bad it is.

Ummmmmm you told me we could afford to pay Mack? Hahaha you are absolutely a idiot. Why would we trade for Mack if we couldn't afford him? When did i ever say we couldn't afford Mack? I'm guessing you have that one receipt since you just said i said we couldn't afford him?? I'll wait on that but one thing i do remember about that whole deal was me saying i thought we were giving up too much for him and you saying we weren't.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Absolutely without a doubt if they want to bring both back they can do it. Remy doesn't know and is wrong about shit like this all the time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ummmmmm you told me we could afford to pay Mack? Hahaha you are absolutely a idiot. Why would we trade for Mack if we couldn't afford him? When did i ever say we couldn't afford Mack? I'm guessing you have that one receipt since you just said i said we couldn't afford him?? I'll wait on that but one thing i do remember about that whole deal was me saying i thought we were giving up too much for him and you saying we weren't.

Edit: And i still think we gave up too much for him. I love the guy and he's a beast but we could of found OLB help without giving up so much in assets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You were complaining about cost in draft picks and to sign him.

Absolutely without a doubt if they want to bring both back they can do it. Remy doesn't know and is wrong about shit like this all the time.

Yes and gutting the rest of the team in the process so that when 4M fails you can blame it on lack of talent around oblivious to the fact the talent sucks because you blew a ton of money on trying to sign 4M, ARob and in your case JuJu too. Some of you guys play too much Madden.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The thing is, Mitch was drafted a year before Nagy got here, and based on everything that got leaked, Pace decided early he was going to draft Mitch no matter what, consulted no one, and Mitch himself was extremely raw, barely even getting time in those very same systems he was drafted to do.

So, to me, with Mitch in the building, it was a failure that he even had to go through a year with Fox.

Regardless, I do hope Mitch plays well and returns, because for the first time I can remember, it actually looks like a quarterback is developing in a Bears uniform. I just need a solid Green Bay to prove it wasn't a mirage.

Missing the point. Yes he was drafted a year before Nagy but the point is when Pace went searching for a new coach, he picked Nagy because the KC offense was heavy on spread concepts, shotgun, and RPO which is precisely what 4M ran successfully at UNC.

The irony is Fox and Loggains had the right idea to develop 4M. That offense was better suited for him that Nagy's. It was simple and had play action and bootleg. The problem was Pace gave Fox and Loggains Kendal Wright as their best WR. Pace should have gotten a coach from the Shanny or McVay true because both those schemes are heavier on play action and bootleg and would have been more of a progression from what Fox and Loggains was doing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You were complaining about cost in draft picks and to sign him.

Yes and gutting the rest of the team in the process so that when 4M fails you can blame it on lack of talent around oblivious to the fact the talent sucks because you blew a ton of money on trying to sign 4M, ARob and in your case JuJu too. Some of you guys play too much Madden.

yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm too old for video games unlike you.

Guys, remybrat won't stop until you do. He has a lot of time and issues with absolutely having to have the last word at all times.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Madden doesn't even have the right cap hits and numbers.

Remy is just a big dum dum. If they want both Mitch/Arob, Pace can easily figure it out.

They can extend players, move cap hits around, make arob's deal backloaded, etc. We also have no idea how much money mitch will make. Could be ~10m a year, could be 20m+ a year.

Remy just likes to talk out of his ass all the time thinking he knows everything, when he's usually wrong about everything.

Don't forget, he wanted mitch to play poorly so we wouldn't have to re-sign him. Now, is that a real bears fan? Or just a massive dum dum?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Guys, remybrat won't stop until you do. He has a lot of time and issues with absolutely having to have the last word at all times.

Tell us again how we should cut Jackson and Goldman to save cap space?

Remy is just a big dum dum. If they want both Mitch/Arob, Pace can easily figure it out.

They can extend players, move cap hits around, make arob's deal backloaded, etc. We also have no idea how much money mitch will make. Could be ~10m a year, could be 20m+ a year.

Remy just likes to talk out of his ass all the time thinking he knows everything, when he's usually wrong about everything.

Don't forget, he wanted mitch to play poorly so we wouldn't have to re-sign him. Now, is that a real bears fan? Or just a massive dum dum?

Great so go to overthecap and tell us how they can do it. DaBears already tried and claimed we can cut Jackson and Goldman. You are the same dummy that though we would pick up the 5th year option for 4M.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

images