Darnell Wright?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
A good rookie tackle.
The reps where he was "on skates", his defender was engulfed with no chance of getting to the qb and he himself wasn't particularly close to the qb. When he was "beat by speed", the rusher got pushed 10+ yards up field and past the pocket. I'm sure he could have chosen highlights of a game where Wright didn't play well

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cherry picking his bad games? How’s Mustpher?
It wasn't a bad game. He allowed 2 hurries while still nursing his shoulder injury from mid year.

PICK NO. 10: CHICAGO BEARS: OT DARNELL WRIGHT
Principal Opponent:
Bud Dupree

Wright allowed two pressures against Atlanta, both hurries, en route to a 69.1 pass-blocking grade.

Dude had a rough year with that ding but was still lots better than his replacement.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The reps where he was "on skates", his defender was engulfed with no chance of getting to the qb and he himself wasn't particularly close to the qb. When he was "beat by speed", the rusher got pushed 10+ yards up field and past the pocket. I'm sure he could have chosen highlights of a game where Wright didn't play well
Wright had worse games playing more one handed. Bagent was the recipient of more acute portion of that. The OP can't even pick his spots well.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I didn’t watch these videos because they likely don’t matter but I’m not surprised that whoever dissected this is full of shit

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Of course it should be locked, god forbid we look at this roster with a critical eye. I mean everything worked out so well with Justin Fields when 85 percent of the board refused to look at him critically.

Jaquan Brisker is living off his post pick draft hype and his debut against the Chiefs and has been below average since then.

Stevenson started strong and faded down the stretch.

Could have signed Johnson before he exploded and cost them a ton of money.

So far they only good moves Poles has made are the obvious ones DJ Moore Keenan Allen. But if Caleb Williams isn't as good as CJ Stroud there's no point in that trade.

I'm trying to get excited for this year now that Justin Fields is gone but I'm not finding anything that gets me excited yet.

Dexter played better at defensive end last year than defensive tackle.

Lawrence? Ngakoue? No pass rusher opposite Sweat.
Stevenson was the NFC Defensive player of the week against Atlanta. That’s an awesome “fade.”

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:

Daniel is one of the oline experts on CCS who has no clue about actual offensive tackle play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Darnell Wright will not be a good offensive tackle as a rookie, offensive tackles require.a major adjustment period in their first year and THAT is completely reasonable. He could very well be great in the future.

The same holds true for the rookies on the defensive line they are going to need probably 25 games to adjust before they can be good to great, that too is completely reasonable.
^^^ Legit posted before the season.

States that its completely reasonable to give OT's and DL time to adjust to the nfl.

Shits on a rookie tackle who played with 1 arm for half the season.

Daniel must have brain damage from watching all the ncuckneato fish fuck videos.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Williams plays well everybody will love Poles. If Williams struggles then every draft selection gets picked apart like the above.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Also, I'm a big brisker critic but how is he living off a performance from a preseason game that nobody remembers?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I'll defer to everyone on here that's so much smarter than me. Because mostly everyone on here is excited about Wright.

Oh wow week 17 of a rookie season. Holy shit ! please go stick your jaba the hut sized head in a vat of crisco.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Of course it should be locked, god forbid we look at this roster with a critical eye. I mean everything worked out so well with Justin Fields when 85 percent of the board refused to look at him critically.

Jaquan Brisker is living off his post pick draft hype and his debut against the Chiefs and has been below average since then.

Stevenson started strong and faded down the stretch.

Could have signed Johnson before he exploded and cost them a ton of money.

So far they only good moves Poles has made are the obvious ones DJ Moore Keenan Allen. But if Caleb Williams isn't as good as CJ Stroud there's no point in that trade.

I'm trying to get excited for this year now that Justin Fields is gone but I'm not finding anything that gets me excited yet.

Dexter played better at defensive end last year than defensive tackle.

Lawrence? Ngakoue? No pass rusher opposite Sweat.

It's like I said elsewhere. The anti-fans who say every player sucks until they're gone and then wave their dicks around insisting they were right.
No, you weren't right at all. You're just playing the odds and saying everyone sucks knowing the majority will suck sooner or later.

Try actually liking someone on the team. Or find a different team that you are able to like.

Who on this team has been here more than 2 seasons???
Do you want a perpetual rebuild because you think everyone sucks and rookies play like rookies?
You're not going to get the GM job to make them pick who you want.

Don't bother trying to get excited. You can't because you're not a fan anymore.
There's a difference between looking at the roster with a critical eye (that time was before the draft and we have no say then either) and thinking you should be the GM and resenting that they don't listen to you.
Maybe it's because the Bears have sucked for so long but you can't see what's good.

I don't care if Wright is bad or not. The OTs are a helluva lot better than we've had since '09. Frankly if you think Wright is bad I'm amazed you're not blaming Fields for it.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's like I said elsewhere. The anti-fans who say every player sucks until they're gone and then wave their dicks around insisting they were right.
No, you weren't right at all. You're just playing the odds and saying everyone sucks knowing the majority will suck sooner or later.

Try actually liking someone on the team. Or find a different team that you are able to like.

Who on this team has been here more than 2 seasons???
Do you want a perpetual rebuild because you think everyone sucks and rookies play like rookies?
You're not going to get the GM job to make them pick who you want.

Don't bother trying to get excited. You can't because you're not a fan anymore.
There's a difference between looking at the roster with a critical eye (that time was before the draft and we have no say then either) and thinking you should be the GM and resenting that they don't listen to you.
Maybe it's because the Bears have sucked for so long but you can't see what's good.

I don't care if Wright is bad or not. The OTs are a helluva lot better than we've had since '09. Frankly if you think Wright is bad I'm amazed you're not blaming Fields for it.

I like Cole Kmet DJ Moore Teven Jenkins Jaylon Johnson I think Byard is a good pick up.

I wasn't a fan of the Sweat trade but if he plays this year like he did last year that's a good pickup. Sweat needs to be consistent year over year, he has only one double digit sack season so he needs to lump a few more together.

Braxton Jones has outperformed relative to expectations but I don't want him to be the long term starter unless he has a massive breakout year.

Edmunds and Edwards I can give two shits about because off the ball linebackers are replaceable unless they're elite. I thought it was a mistake to deal Roquan Smith the way they did.

Wait and see on the other two CBs.

Running backs are completely replaceable every year but for most Bears fans they live and die for running backs and linebackers because those are the only great players we've had consistently.

I'm basically exhausted from hope. I'm tired of having guys on the roster who could go either way. They could be great but more often than not they're gone within three years.

Like the Khalil Mack trade. They gave up a lot for him and got one great year out of him. There was a lot of excitement and rightfully so but damn the squeeze wasn't worth the juice.

The Cutler trade wasn't worth it.

The Justin Fields trade was a massive failure.

I'm 46 years old and I'd like to see them dominate before I die.

Cue the fat insults.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I like Cole Kmet DJ Moore Teven Jenkins Jaylon Johnson I think Byard is a good pick up.

I wasn't a fan of the Sweat trade but if he plays this year like he did last year that's a good pickup. Sweat needs to be consistent year over year, he has only one double digit sack season so he needs to lump a few more together.

Braxton Jones has outperformed relative to expectations but I don't want him to be the long term starter unless he has a massive breakout year.

Edmunds and Edwards I can give two shits about because off the ball linebackers are replaceable unless they're elite. I thought it was a mistake to deal Roquan Smith the way they did.

Wait and see on the other two CBs.

Running backs are completely replaceable every year but for most Bears fans they live and die for running backs and linebackers because those are the only great players we've had consistently.

I'm basically exhausted from hope. I'm tired of having guys on the roster who could go either way. They could be great but more often than not they're gone within three years.

Like the Khalil Mack trade. They gave up a lot for him and got one great year out of him. There was a lot of excitement and rightfully so but damn the squeeze wasn't worth the juice.

The Cutler trade wasn't worth it.

The Justin Fields trade was a massive failure.

I'm 46 years old and I'd like to see them dominate before I die.

Cue the fat insults.

I'd take Jones over every LT from J'Taco to who Jones replaced (I don't feel like looking up whether Leno or Massie was LT, they both sucked).

Mack was at the cost of offense. Cutler wasn't given offense until too late to pay for defenses. Fields wasn't given an offense except too little too late. What are we defending, a losing score? Maybe we're defending McCaskey season ticket sales.

Smith was a cancer for a player who tackled for gains. He tackled well but he didn't tackle for losses. He wasn't worth a #8 let alone the money he wanted or the constant hold outs.
Every D player who makes the 53 should be able to tackle. Yet fans act like that's worth a top pick and top pay.

I'm 61 with chronic disease, high risk medicine. I figure I'll be lucky to live to 75. This is probably my last chance to see a dynasty with the Bears. If it's not Williams and they pull another rebuild I may as well stop watching.
I don't mind if they do it with a defense but they had better figure out an offense to get a score to defend is the most important.
Unless we have the golden boy on offense we're going to get flagged for sacking the golden boy QBs and our QB is going to get ignored while getting kicked in the head.
That's just the way it is. If we don't get an offense we won't get any respect.

We're not going to get there replacing the 1sts and 2nds every year because they're not instant greats. If Brisker, Stevenson and Wright aren't great someone had better start coaching them up to their picks. A bust here or there is expected but all of them, that's a coaching problem.