Darnell Wright?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Odd, weird that I cant pull his account up via the search function or @ him. Appreciate the assistance, I shall do some research and be back with more solesky material!
Probably has you blocked. You can’t tag someone that has you blocked. Probably also applies to searches

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was wondering if he was one of the ones claiming Leno and Massie were good. J'taco was even worse.
I've said this before, maybe even to @DanielCCSBears himself, but my issue with him has never been the amount of takes he provides. Rather, my issue with him is that he presents his takes as if he were an authority, and when you ask him what his background is, he will never explain anything.
We all have our bad takes, and I'm not immune to that. Hell, in 2017 I wanted the Bears to draft Jamal Adams and then Nathan Peterman in the 2nd (got around to him being in a Bears uniform!). Not only do I not run from that awful, awful take, I embrace it.

Actually, this may be a good exercise: @DanielCCSBears, what is a take you've had, either here or on your blurgh, that you were wrong about?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've said this before, maybe even to @DanielCCSBears himself, but my issue with him has never been the amount of takes he provides. Rather, my issue with him is that he presents his takes as if he were an authority, and when you ask him what his background is, he will never explain anything.
We all have our bad takes, and I'm not immune to that. Hell, in 2017 I wanted the Bears to draft Jamal Adams and then Nathan Peterman in the 2nd (got around to him being in a Bears uniform!). Not only do I not run from that awful, awful take, I embrace it.

Actually, this may be a good exercise: @DanielCCSBears, what is a take you've had, either here or on your blurgh, that you were wrong about?
It's way easier to determine what he was right about. Fields and maybe a couple other things.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Well you also have no issue declaring that you were wrong. Daniel just denies it or ignores it. Everyone is wrong, even the best GM’s miss.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well you also have no issue declaring that you were wrong. Daniel just denies it or ignores it. Everyone is wrong, even the best GM’s miss.
Yeah, I think one of the things I've started to enjoy about the NFL is the draft and FA. However many years ago I wouldn't have cared, but I do find the draft endlessly interesting. One of the appeals, and this goes across all of the four major sports, is just how often GMs get it wrong. Every GM gets it wrong at one point, and then how they make moves to fix it is always fun to me.

Side note: I've always been one of these guys that has thought fans aren't really allowed a lot of information. The Bears aren't a publicly traded corporation, so why should I have access to anything? That said, I have found Ryan Poles' approach and his honesty to be refreshing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He PM'd me crying about negs....claimed I was behind the times and that everyone was now his friend.

Doesn't look like much has changed to me.
Back when @FirstTimer was a mod, he sent me a PM about a poster that has gone through a number of username changes complaining to him that I was disliking him too much. I was asked to scale it back.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

There are bad takes and there's dishonesty.

If you don't like that Wright was taken instead of Carter that should be the focus. To claim Wright is bad but Jenkins or Borom were good is ridiculous.
The pick isn't coming back and Carter wouldn't be there if it could. It serves no purpose to turn fans against a player
And then to find out he liked one of the worst OTs from years ago?

Short of him being football stupid this is actually about him not wanting to spend on offense.
That's the only way those takes add up.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I wonder if he'll ever acknowledge what he said about Stevenson. It's like he realizes how absurdly dumb some things he says are and instead of admitting he was incorrect, he tries to ignore it out of existence

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Back when @FirstTimer was a mod, he sent me a PM about a poster that has gone through a number of username changes complaining to him that I was disliking him too much. I was asked to scale it back.
True story. FT logged in on June 7th.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if he'll ever acknowledge what he said about Stevenson. It's like he realizes how absurdly dumb some things he says are and instead of admitting he was incorrect, he tries to ignore it out of existence

Honestly my issue with him is that. No one is ever 100% correct on anything. Admit when you're wrong and he doesn't do that at all