Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
(1) He should already be the best. That's the expectation when you're a Top-10 pick.

(2) He probably will be because they're not going to re-sign Jenkins.

(3) Jenkins was a tackle already. You draft a better value at 10 instead of a position you already have filled. Poles created a need there there wasn't one.

(4) Jalen Carter generational defensive tackle.
(1) This doesn't line up, and honestly seems like insanely high expectations. Very few guys in the top 10 are ready to be the best on their team from the start; they dominated college talent, not pro talent, and there is a big difference. It also doesn't allow for other players to be any good. EDIT: Take the Titans for example - Skoronski appears to be a breakout candidate this year, and they drafted Latham this year in the top 10. Latham could have routine rookie struggles while still fighting through them. This is all a good investment for their offense.

(2) Jenkins could get resigned, you are just being a negative for the sake of being negative.

(3) Jenkins did not thrive at all at OT in the way he has at OG - Jenkins move to guard did him a solid, and is allowing him to be dominant on the inside, where he would be more limited than you claim Wright is on the outside. EDIT: My above edit also applies here. Hell, you even give the idea that Jenkins is a better play for guard credit earlier in this thread:

The best athletes on the offensive line are the tackles which is why Jenkins was shifted inside to guard because he's big strong and absolute mauler.

So it looks like Poles used his draft selection to have three excellent players on the line instead of two. Jones, Jenkins, and Wright all have high ceilings that are achievable with hard work and good health. That is valuable for our rookie QB now, and I think we can criticize Poles for not drafting more OL with his top draft picks.

(4) I do not see the sense in prioritizing DL over OL, especially given this team's historic woes at QB. If you want to get over this hope-hangover, I would venture that you should want all resources possible shifted to the offense until this team has an entire unit that can threaten a postseason run.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
(1) This doesn't line up, and honestly seems like insanely high expectations. Very few guys in the top 10 are ready to be the best on their team from the start; they dominated college talent, not pro talent, and there is a big difference. It also doesn't allow for other players to be any good.

(2) Jenkins could get resigned, you are just being a negative for the sake of being negative.

(3) Jenkins did not thrive at all at OT in the way he has at OG - Jenkins move to guard did him a solid, and is allowing him to be dominant on the inside, where he would be more limited than you claim Wright is on the outside. Hell, you even give the idea that Jenkins is a better play for guard credit earlier in this thread:

So it looks like Poles used his draft selection to have three excellent players on the line instead of two. Jones, Jenkins, and Wright all have high ceilings that are achievable with hard work and good health. That is valuable for our rookie QB now, and I think we can criticize Poles for not drafting more OL with his top draft picks.

(4) I do not see the sense in prioritizing DL over OL, especially given this team's historic woes at QB. If you want to get over this hope-hangover, I would venture that you should want all resources possible shifted to the offense until this team has an entire unit that can threaten a postseason run.
You're a good dude.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

:snoop":success:

People are stuck on the ancient history Bears and have ignored the rule changes.

A quick run through of Steeler's defense like I did with Bears didn't have my positional values with as many top picks used on defense as the Bears. They do have quite a few but not as many as the Bears.
To make it worse you have people like him claiming Stevenson is bad in his rookie year and wanting to waste another top pick on the position. That's what they do every year non-stop.
Yet somehow he can want a bad player at a position on the mirror position on offense. Somehow that makes sense to him.

Enough has been pumped into defense while Fields wasn't Poles' QB the defense can hold while the offense gets figured out. If those players aren't good enough our Great Flus had better start coaching them to be better because the talent is there, the price for that talent was already spent, there is no budget for more.

With OTs, 3WRs a TE and Williams it shouldn't take long. I don't even see a problem with DE 1st next year because we shouldn't need any offensive need valued as 1st. OG, C, RB are all 2nd and below. About the only thing for offense in the 1st is a BPA you can't pass on.
In spite of thinking he screwed Fields over Poles has done a good job of building this team for long term success.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'm personally happy with gervon dexter. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up as good a player or better than carter 5 years from now.

Clearly you just hate every bears player.
America's Favorite Serial Killer will start being better than the drag racer this season. I'm going to "die on this hill" defending what I see as the potential AFSK has and will contribute. Another is Stevenson. He's All-Pro material. And as I have stated many times, Brax is going nowhere but up in his growth. RoJo was looking good until his ankle "injury" and if he can stay healthy, also will take a leap up, imo. A question for those who don't like Brax. You say he's not good enough, but where are the examples of his faults? Other than you saying he's having them. Oh, wait... now I remember.....he doesn't look good in what he does. ...lol.....he does a very good job. Except it, And this main discussion about Wright? It's ludicrous to think he's not already an above average playah.....didn't he play vs Sweat when he was on Wash.? The Raiduhs guy? Bosa vs Chargers? Other very good players but I don't follow other teams ...so I'm sure he played vs other big names.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
:snoop":success:

People are stuck on the ancient history Bears and have ignored the rule changes.

A quick run through of Steeler's defense like I did with Bears didn't have my positional values with as many top picks used on defense as the Bears. They do have quite a few but not as many as the Bears.
To make it worse you have people like him claiming Stevenson is bad in his rookie year and wanting to waste another top pick on the position. That's what they do every year non-stop.
Yet somehow he can want a bad player at a position on the mirror position on offense. Somehow that makes sense to him.

Enough has been pumped into defense while Fields wasn't Poles' QB the defense can hold while the offense gets figured out. If those players aren't good enough our Great Flus had better start coaching them to be better because the talent is there, the price for that talent was already spent, there is no budget for more.

With OTs, 3WRs a TE and Williams it shouldn't take long. I don't even see a problem with DE 1st next year because we shouldn't need any offensive need valued as 1st. OG, C, RB are all 2nd and below. About the only thing for offense in the 1st is a BPA you can't pass on.
In spite of thinking he screwed Fields over Poles has done a good job of building this team for long term success.
Protecting your QB must be a higher priority than getting to the other team's. I think that stands up to most reasoning. I don't think one should draft any one position group to the neglect of an other, but Jalen Carter doesn't do shit for Caleb Williams, who is on this team today. Jones, Jenkins and Wright are mammoths that are all showing that they can compete at this level.

And yet the depth in the OL is so thin that I think it's defensible to continue spending top 100 picks on OL. We have 4 such picks next year - put them all into OL and DL and see what this team can do. My expectations for this year don't show up in the W column, but improvements in a few key areas would poise this team for a shot at the playoffs the following year.

Reactions: Myk
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
(1) This doesn't line up, and honestly seems like insanely high expectations. Very few guys in the top 10 are ready to be the best on their team from the start; they dominated college talent, not pro talent, and there is a big difference. It also doesn't allow for other players to be any good. EDIT: Take the Titans for example - Skoronski appears to be a breakout candidate this year, and they drafted Latham this year in the top 10. Latham could have routine rookie struggles while still fighting through them. This is all a good investment for their offense.

(3) Jenkins did not thrive at all at OT in the way he has at OG - Jenkins move to guard did him a solid, and is allowing him to be dominant on the inside, where he would be more limited than you claim Wright is on the outside. EDIT: My above edit also applies here. Hell, you even give the idea that Jenkins is a better play for guard credit earlier in this thread:

Expecting Darnell Wright to come in and be the best player on a bad offensive line is not that high of an expectation.

I love Jenkins but Poles doesn't.

Jenkins did just fine at left tackle and showed he had the ability to do it. Would have been a very good right tackle. Poles didn't want him there end of story.

The Bears aren't investing in the future of the offensive line. They've drafted two players in three drafts within the first three rounds of the draft.

Poles is currently wishing in one hand and shitting in the other that a guy from Southern Utah and Yale will be the future of the offensive line while supporting Wright with scraps from other teams.

Cross your fingers that Bates can turn into a decent starter.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Expecting Darnell Wright to come in and be the best player on a bad offensive line is not that high of an expectation.

I love Jenkins but Poles doesn't.

Jenkins did just fine at left tackle and showed he had the ability to do it. Would have been a very good right tackle. Poles didn't want him there end of story.

The Bears aren't investing in the future of the offensive line. They've drafted two players in three drafts within the first three rounds of the draft.

Poles is currently wishing in one hand and shitting in the other that a guy from Southern Utah and Yale will be the future of the offensive line while supporting Wright with scraps from other teams.

Cross your fingers that Bates can turn into a decent starter.
Bull crap he did just fine - Larry Borom played better at tackle than Jenkins in their rookie year. Jenkins had trouble staying healthy and to make the team he switched to compete at Guard, where he had played his best football. But if you are fine with Jenkins at LT or RT, then you really have no reason to doubt Wright at RT today. Wright put out more good tape last year than Jenkins did in his first two. Those two just don't add up coherently.

The OL played poorly primarily because of interior line play. I don't think that is up for debate really. That's why Poles went out and got two interior linemen with experience at G and C.

Jones is playing well above his draft position, and has hopes of being a long term starter, and selecting Wright was good for the OL as well. They can grow into the bookend tackles that this team hasn't had since 2006. Nobody will argue that Poles hasn't done enough for the OL and can surely have done more, but each of those three are positive moves that should contribute greatly to the offenses future success.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I couldnt remember if this was him or montucky.

I tried to look up the post history but he deleted @BearsFan51

Or am I crazy? Swear that account was just there to mine his shitposts from but now its gone

Rory raked him over the coals on that. It would have been after Conklin's rookie season, after the all-pro awards are given out

msadows

Liked Posts:
Rory raked him over the coals on that. It would have been after Conklin's rookie season, after the all-pro awards are given out

Hard to know anymore cause he deleted Biff, unless the mods banned an account he hasn't used in multiple years(doubtful).

Sounds like daniel was just petty AF about people pulling up his garbage takes from 5-8 years ago and panicked.

Maybe a mod should undelete so we can mine for more gold.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hard to know anymore cause he deleted Biff, unless the mods banned an account he hasn't used in multiple years(doubtful).

Sounds like daniel was just petty AF about people pulling up his garbage takes from 5-8 years ago and panicked.

Maybe a mod should undelete so we can mine for more gold.
🤔