Darnell Wright?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Crosby had a sack a QB hit and tackle for a loss and 4 pressures. Am I missing something where that constitutes a good game for Wright?
And he lined up all over the line. Good job just reading box scores but not actually taking the time to see who he lined up against.

Even Erik f’ing Lambert noticed lol.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Agree to disagree

That's a dodge. The last question would seem to be easy to answer.
Why is a 5th that you probably had no idea existed your preferred OT?

He's definitely good for a 5th but he hasn't been THE guy at OT.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And he lined up all over the line. Good job just reading box scores but not actually taking the time to see who he lined up against.

Even Erik f’ing Lambert noticed lol.
Schmitz is the same guy that said Chase Claypool was having a massive camp and practicing with a chip on his shoulder and will have a breakout year for the Bears. That led to the idiots on this board betting on Justin Fields for MVP.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crosby had a sack a QB hit and tackle for a loss and 4 pressures. Am I missing something where that constitutes a good game for Wright?
Did u watch every snap against Wright?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Schmitz is the same guy that said Chase Claypool was having a massive camp and practicing with a chip on his shoulder and will have a breakout year for the Bears. That led to the idiots on this board betting on Justin Fields for MVP.
Great. Don’t see how Claypool on camp matters to any of this but thanks for the useless comp.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And you're the same guy that continues to say Tyrique Stevenson faded late in the year when it was the opposite

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That's a dodge. The last question would seem to be easy to answer.
Why is a 5th that you probably had no idea existed your preferred OT?

He's definitely good for a 5th but he hasn't been THE guy at OT.
It is a dodge for sure. I wanna get to your last but.

Jones is not just good for a 5th, he is playing well above his draft position and we have every reason to expect that he continues to grow. He needs to drop anchor a little better, but his technique is right where you want it to be. This team projects to have a pair of really talented OTs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And you're the same guy that continues to say Tyrique Stevenson faded late in the year when it was the opposite
He refuses to respond to this but continues to spew out nonsense.

His thing is he thinks he’s smarter than Poles and Cunningham. It’s pathetic.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can agree to disagree on most of that, but I want you to address two of those thoughts. The rest is difference in opinion, and the difference between optimism and pessimism.

Why can Jones not be the best lineman on the team, and be given credit for how well he has outplayed his draft slot, without holding it against other linemen?

Last year you had an article that Teven Jenkins should have been moved back tackle. Why would this team have been better served with Jenkins at RT than Wright?
He should already be the best. That's the expectation when you're a Top-10 pick.

He probably will be because they're not going to re-sign Jenkins.

Jenkins was a tackle already. You draft a better value at 10 instead of a position you already have filled. Poles created a need there there wasn't one.

Jalen Carter generational defensive tackle.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It is a dodge for sure. I wanna get to your last but.

Jones is not just good for a 5th, he is playing well above his draft position and we have every reason to expect that he continues to grow. He needs to drop anchor a little better, but his technique is right where you want it to be. This team projects to have a pair of really talented OTs.

I have no problem with Jones. He's a better OT than we've had since Cutler and could definitely get better. Up to now he has had some problems, and if I remember right his problem is not what you want on the right getting pushed into or reached around into the QB's back. Happens less than it did with Leno and Massie but it still happens.
He's good, he's not great yet.

Most of me saying there needs to be a replacement found is from people making excuses why the better draft pick should be on the right forever.
I know Wright can play both sides. I don't think any of us really know what Jones ability is to switch.
If other teams are going to put the best rusher against the worst OT then we need evenly matched OTs or the worst OT of the 2 on the right.
If that can't be Jones then there needs to be a replacement.

My excuse would be that Wright was a rookie. The rookie goes on the right until they're up to NFL speed. That is pretty standard on other teams. But that doesn't change what Cunningham said as soon as he was drafted.

Most people have no clue what they're talking about beyond what Cunningham said. They have no idea Wright's college stats are just as good on either side and he doesn't have appreciably more on one side to shoe horn him into being a one sided OT.
My guess is instead of just saying the rookie goes on the right Cunningham probably spoke out of his ass without thinking and eventually the change will happen.

Either that or they have tried Jones on the right and he was so bad at it that it is like Daniels' very limited tries at Center never to be played there again by us or his next team.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He should already be the best. That's the expectation when you're a Top-10 pick.

Jenkins was a tackle already. You draft a better value at 10 instead of a position you already have filled. Poles created a need there there wasn't one.

Bro you're continuing to derail your own thread with a whole bukake of takes. For days now. Are you okay?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I knew it was going to come down to generational Jalen carter. It’s always either him or justin fields

msadows

Liked Posts:

I'm personally happy with gervon dexter. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up as good a player or better than carter 5 years from now.

Clearly you just hate every bears player.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
He refuses to respond to this but continues to spew out nonsense.

His thing is he thinks he’s smarter than Poles and Cunningham. It’s pathetic.
He has literally said he thinks he could be a better GM than actual NFL GM's. An unemployed, volunteer bus driver, with no football experience or qualifications, and a history of some of the worst football takes on a message board, actually believes this.

In this day and age of internet delusion, he takes it to another level.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

So there's your answer. Anyone can play oline, but it takes real talent to be defense. 5ths for oline. #9 for defense to beat the 5ths on oline.
Which coincidentally goes against what you have claimed to me. I figured you were lying.

Jenkins kind of sucks on oline period with his injuries let alone thinking he's a starting OT. He never has shown that ability. Neither of Paces OT picks were starting quality OTs.

If Carter is worth a #9 to be the mirror image of a guard to rush the QB. Then Wright is worth a #10 to stop an edge. Your 1940's mentality has no place in modern football.

You're worried about dying before the Bears are anything again? You will be dust before the NFL allows that type of football to happen again.
Rollerball snuff games will happen before they go back to that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Bucky Brooks at NFL.com:

“The All Breakout Team for 2024

Darnell Wright
Chicago Bears · Age 22
The Bears' hopes of making the playoffs in Caleb Williams' debut season hinge on the performance of an offensive line anchored by this rugged right tackle with a nasty disposition.

As a rookie in 2023, Wright delivered a series of eye-opening performances. With the spotlight on Williams and Co. in 2024, Wright should catch even more attention. He's a bully on the edge with long arms and quick feet, possessing the tools and talent to play at a Pro Bowl level as a sophomore.”

@DanielCCSBears

I guess Bucky doesn’t share Daniel’s evaluation of Wright.

Priceless!

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From Bucky Brooks at NFL.com:

“The All Breakout Team for 2024

Darnell Wright
Chicago Bears · Age 22
The Bears' hopes of making the playoffs in Caleb Williams' debut season hinge on the performance of an offensive line anchored by this rugged right tackle with a nasty disposition.

As a rookie in 2023, Wright delivered a series of eye-opening performances. With the spotlight on Williams and Co. in 2024, Wright should catch even more attention. He's a bully on the edge with long arms and quick feet, possessing the tools and talent to play at a Pro Bowl level as a sophomore.”

@DanielCCSBears

I guess Bucky doesn’t share Daniel’s evaluation of Wright.
Yeah and Justin Fields will be MVP and Chase Claypool will have his breakout year.