Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I don't like it at all if Cunningham is saying he's only RT and ignoring that he can do both.
If the intent was to put Wright at LT and Jones at RT (or at least try it) I'd love it.

And I push for more beef block.
Personally, I'll take an OL of any position at 10 - even center - if they truly do grade out that high. The DL that get drafted to beat them are drafted in the top 10 all the time.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of course it should be locked, god forbid we look at this roster with a critical eye. I mean everything worked out so well with Justin Fields when 85 percent of the board refused to look at him critically.

Jaquan Brisker is living off his post pick draft hype and his debut against the Chiefs and has been below average since then.

Stevenson started strong and faded down the stretch.

Could have signed Johnson before he exploded and cost them a ton of money.

So far they only good moves Poles has made are the obvious ones DJ Moore Keenan Allen. But if Caleb Williams isn't as good as CJ Stroud there's no point in that trade.

I'm trying to get excited for this year now that Justin Fields is gone but I'm not finding anything that gets me excited yet.

Dexter played better at defensive end last year than defensive tackle.

Lawrence? Ngakoue? No pass rusher opposite Sweat.

Do you even know what you're looking at?

Stevenson started off struggling and got better down the stretch and you say the opposite

msadows

Liked Posts:
So if I am understanding the OP correctly, a player's ceiling is determined by his rookie year and players don't and can't improve after their rookie year? Wow... After watching 50+ years of sports, I feel confident I have seem plenty of professionals improve after their rookie years.

This is simply yet another troll thread by some very amateur journalist looking for attention.

OP also said that a rookie Offensive or Defensive lineman cant be judged or expected to play well his first year and should really be given at least 25 games to develop.

OP is an idiot who doesnt remember his own hot takes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So if I am understanding the OP correctly, a player's ceiling is determined by his rookie year and players don't and can't improve after their rookie year? Wow... After watching 50+ years of sports, I feel confident I have seem plenty of professionals improve after their rookie years.

This is simply yet another troll thread by some very amateur journalist looking for attention.
Ooof. You just curb stomped him

msadows

Liked Posts:
jalen carter is more talented than Wright but he would not have had the same success in chicago as he did with the infrastructure in philadelphia. several established veterans, as well as former georgia team mates there helped his transition.

as for right tackle, it has pretty much become a premium position in todays passing NFL. an elite right tackle who protects and moves people in the run game is a definite building block for a franchise.

Pretty sure dexter matched his production the second half of the season.

Phly as a whole was a complete shitshow.

I don't like it at all if Cunningham is saying he's only RT and ignoring that he can do both.
If the intent was to put Wright at LT and Jones at RT (or at least try it) I'd love it.

Plenty of teams play their best edge against the RT, doesn't really matter anymore. LT is just important because its the blind side but caleb is supposed to have a 6th sense towards pressure so it shouldnt matter.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Plenty of teams play their best edge against the RT, doesn't really matter anymore. LT is just important because its the blind side but caleb is supposed to have a 6th sense towards pressure so it shouldnt matter.

But it's not quite the same saying we got this swing tackle high in the first and we got this guy who can only play RT high in the first.

Not to mention that means they seem to have ignored his college career to claim that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
But it's not quite the same saying we got this swing tackle high in the first and we got this guy who can only play RT high in the first.

Not to mention that means they seem to have ignored his college career to claim that.

Daniel ignores a lot. I have no doubt that Wright could play LT, I do have doubts if Jones could play any OL position outside of Left Tackle. Dude just doesnt have the strength for it.

Still have no clue what poles is doing. Any logical person would have put Tev and Wright next to each other at RG/RT and let them bulldoze people. Thats what happens when you sign a guy to a big contract who has no positional versatility in nate davis

Reactions: Myk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Why in the world would this make a difference?

This is like 1980’s thinking

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait, didn't darnell wright make the all rookie team?

I'm sorry, but is daniel legit braindead?
Yeah Braxton Jones made All Rookie too. Not impressed.
Let's ask about you - why are you down on Wright while at the same time being high in Jenkins?

These two players are directly comparable. They both are massive OL, they both have taken reps at OT for this team. They shared the field together this year.

Wright is a good run blocker but I'm dying for the Bears to have a dynamic pass protector for the QB. I'd love for the pocket to hold up for once.

Most everyone is negative over the offensive line as a whole but they're really steamed up because I want to hold the highest drafted player to a higher standard.

Wright is not the best player on the offensive line, Braxton Jones whom a lot of people were ready to replace is rated better than Wright and is a fifth round draft pick.

So to recap:

Darnell Wright Top-10 pick massively high expectations when you are a Top-10 pick

Struggles in pass protection.

Has heavy feet.

Is not as good as Braxton Jones by more than a few opinions.

Majority of board wants Jones replaced but refuses to take the same critical eye with Wright who is only a year younger than Jones.

Where am I going wrong with critiquing a Top-10 pick in asking more of him and why everyone is so excited about his future when he couldn't come in on a below average offensive line and immediately establish himself as the best player.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Daniel ignores a lot. I have no doubt that Wright could play LT, I do have doubts if Jones could play any OL position outside of Left Tackle. Dude just doesnt have the strength for it.

Fuqin eh you're dumb.

Your strongest players are usually your guards so saying Jones is too weak to play exposed how little you know.

The best athletes on the offensive line are the tackles which is why Jenkins was shifted inside to guard because he's big strong and absolute mauler.

Jones is the best pass blocking offensive tackle by a little bit and no Wright isn't good enough to play left tackle. He is slow into his pass set which leaves him very vulnerable to rushers beating him with speed which is what you see a lot of when watching him video from last year.

If he over sets outside guys are going to beat him back to the inside easily. You saw how slow he was against Hutchinson on the strip sack of Fields. Hutchinson beat him EASILY.

I didn't see one good game from Wright against an elite rusher.

Poles is stuck on traits like attitude rather than finding guys who can actually play.

If I hear one more thing about someone's character over their actual talent and ability to play football I'm really going to lose it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fuqin eh you're dumb.

Your strongest players are usually your guards so saying Jones is too weak to play exposed how little you know.

The best athletes on the offensive line are the tackles which is why Jenkins was shifted inside to guard because he's big strong and absolute mauler.

Jones is the best pass blocking offensive tackle by a little bit and no Wright isn't good enough to play left tackle. He is slow into his pass set which leaves him very vulnerable to rushers beating him with speed which is what you see a lot of when watching him video from last year.

If he over sets outside guys are going to beat him back to the inside easily. You saw how slow he was against Hutchinson on the strip sack of Fields. Hutchinson beat him EASILY.

Poles is stuck on traits like attitude rather than finding guys who can actually play.

If I hear one more thing about someone's character over their actual talent and ability to play football I'm really going to lose it.

Didnt I just mention that? Jones is a LT only.

BTW, what ever happened to your BIFF account. Did you delete it so people wouldnt pull up your prior shitty AF O-line hot takes?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fuqin eh you're dumb.

Hey daniel, I bet you were a big Joe Alt fan because of his whiteness

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuqin eh you're dumb.

You don't think Maxx Crosby is elite, okay...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Coming from someone who had shoulder issues in HS/College, its amazing he played as well as he did with it.

He must have been in severe pain every snap. Shit don't matter to Daniel...slow feet!