ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Is he good or does our Oline suck I mean my god. I like the guy he has shown flashes but man why does it feel like he is slower than howard

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is he good or does our Oline suck I mean my god. I like the guy he has shown flashes but man why does it feel like he is slower than howard

Same with Howard he's not getting enough attention .

greg23

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of a slightly bigger and significantly slower version of ray rice

He does some nice jump cuts but his lack of speed is alarming

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
He just doesn’t scare a defense, with the blocking or lack thereof should never has wasted a third rounder on a rb!

The team was more potent with Cohen lined up in the back! He opens up a ton of plays for others as defense has to account for him

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Minnesota was playing a backup QB and has a great run defense. I wasn't expecting a whole lot more than what we got. It is hard to gain yards against a brick wall when the other team doesn't expect you to throw over it.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He does look really slow out there, but he is getting hit at the LOS on almost every hand off.

The Bears won't do it, but I would get rid of Tabor and Heistand. Ever since Heistand took over, the Bears have not been able to run the ball. Tabor has never been good anywhere he's been, so I don't know why he even got the job in the first place, but it sure would be nice to have a special teams that doesn't commit a penalty on every run back.

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Montgomery is a stud. Clearly better than Howard.. and will power the Bears the next few years. Once the Bears OLine is a bit better next year the dude will romp.

They still need a qb to that can threaten in the pass game or teams will focus on run. And youre also assuming the oline will just magically get better.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Its not speed, its the O-Line. He is finding creases and making positive plays out of nothing. Look at our other RBs....no one is averaging a high amount of Yards per Rush

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One thing about Howard that went under appreciated, was his ability to wear down a defense. The O-Line fed off of his ability to keep bulldozing up the field.
Very underrated player. Most fans just bought into this garbage theory of “naggy guy”. So what is that exactly? So we can run gimmick crap most of the game and lose.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Howard waited for his blockers to open holes, Monty races to the line before holes open.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Very underrated player. Most fans just bought into this garbage theory of “naggy guy”. So what is that exactly? So we can run gimmick crap most of the game and lose.

I actually fell in that crowd by the very end of last year. It was evident when Howard was in we were just going to run the ball with him...which he could do even when teams knew it was coming. But he didn't offer much versatility.

I thought Montgomery would be used more as a receiver coming out of the backfield, but so far, he hasn't done as much of that as I thought he would be asked to do.