David Montgomery

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting for that Monty game that he breaks out and takes over and goes for 200 yards....think I could be waiting awhile.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Another Langford, Carey, Wolfe, Bell etc...

You tend to get more of those in the mid-late rounds than you do Howard’s or Cohen’s.

Grape

Liked Posts:
The line isn't blocking well. However, DM doesn't have great speed either.

Watching Howard a few nights ago, he's definitely improved his speed a lot and got leaner. There was a run where I had to ask myself, "damn, who's this new speedy RB the Eagles got," until I realized it was JH.

Hopefully being more explosive is something DM works on over the offseason.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Howard waited for his blockers to open holes, Monty races to the line before holes open.

Totally BS. Howard was just slow to the hole, while DM actually tried to be patient. But since our run blocking is worse than it was when Howard was here, being patient is actually hurting Monty’s chances to gain anything.

Man, our run blocking and running play schemes are awful. No daylight whatsoever, not even a glimpse of a crease.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Understandable post but he just had a bad game today. Had a few runs where he lost his footing. Not great vision today. And up against a tough defense.

Going to happen with a rookie. Kid plays so well hard to remember this was only his 4th game as a pro.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
I rewatched the game. Of the approx 20 carries he had he was either hit or had to juke behind the line of scrimmage 17 times. Also the D knew he was gonna carry the ball, d-ends collapsing in etc.
He blocked well, ran hard, no tackles for loss behind a below average O line and against a stout D.
Good out for Monty.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
The problem is that there is a large agenda to paint Howard as a bum when he clearly is not a bum and how a rookie who has not proven anything at this point is "clearly" better than him.

When DM runs for 1200 yards for a season, you let me know.

This is by no means an attack on DM. I actually like Monty, but this bit about him vs Howard is a bit ridiculous.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Totally BS. Howard was just slow to the hole, while DM actually tried to be patient. But since our run blocking is worse than it was when Howard was here, being patient is actually hurting Monty’s chances to gain anything.

Man, our run blocking and running play schemes are awful. No daylight whatsoever, not even a glimpse of a crease.

Lol all the actual data says our OL was actually worse last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh my goodness. I'm pretty sure everyone watched the game and saw that Monty was nowhere to be found for the first couple of series when we were actually passing the ball and trying to score TD's and then Nagy really ruins his stats by calling runs up the middle over and over again when Minn knows he's just trying to run it to burn the clock. M.Nagy is a big reason why his stats were 21 rushes for 53 yds or whatever they were. He once again gave up on trying to keep tacking on more points and put the pressure on our defense to be able to hold a 16 point lead. Oh and our o-line sucks at run blocking.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps we should wait for a game where he cracks 100 all purpose yards before crowning his ass.