Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The guy dominated. And only a 3rd rounder!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I may differ from many on this, but I believe Montgomery is just fine as an NFL RB, but just has been dealt the worst possible situation to start his career ~ a terrible HC/OC who schemes one of the worst running games ever; an incredibly bad OL who is every bit as big a part of said awfully schemed running game; the worst QB play in the league, so opposing D's have absolutely zero fear of stacking the box in order to crush him every single carry.

Come on, Bear fans, this guy led the nation in making defenders miss and yards after contact, but gets no holes to run through and first contact is uncannily almost ALWAYS behind the line of scrimmage. He was a very solid receiver out of the backfield, too. Seriously Folks, every RB here will struggle as long as this scheme, play caller and OL are in place.

Give Monty a break.
#calledit

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not really one to "toot my own horn" as they say. But when Montgomery was drafted, I exclaimed "This guy is going to be the next great #beefback in the league. He is built like a baby Marshall Faulk and will be the best Bears #beefback of all time very similar to Thomas Jones (the previous #GOAT Bears RB)"

I know that this may upset @msadows that my football talk once again came to fruition, but I just wanted to point out that I saw this a mile away.

#calledit
#goat
#beefback
#babyfaulk
#whinerpaytonoverrated

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am not really one to "toot my own horn" as they say. But when Montgomery was drafted, I exclaimed "This guy is going to be the next great #beefback in the league. He is built like a baby Marshall Faulk and will be the best Bears #beefback of all time very similar to Thomas Jones (the previous #GOAT Bears RB)"

I know that this may upset @msadows that my football talk once again came to fruition, but I just wanted to point out that I saw this a mile away.

#beefback
#babyfaulk
#whinerpaytonoverrated

#calledit

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can you imagine how many runs up the middle Cohen would be taking away from a #BEEFBACK like Monty?
That brings up a great question. Should the Bears trade Cohen?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
A 5'2" scatback that just tore his ACL? Where do I sign up? Give him a job in the equipment room.
Monte may only be doing well now that he is not there taking away carries from him. This town isn't big enough for two stud running backs

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here how i see it. If you dont like monty, youre clearly a Cohen fan. This meabs the following

: You hate winning
You too run to the sidelines when in trouble
You thought Csm Meredith was a better option than Allen Robinson

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
So I just looked up stats and apparently in today’s offensive centric nobody can’t touch anybody or it’s a penalty NFL running backs are averaging high YPC numbers. My eyes have been opened and I’m now seeing Montgomery’s 4.5 isn’t really even that great when you look up the numbers backs are putting up now. And that’s even with this crazy run of games. To make a long story short I’m back off the bandwagon. He’s a quality bottom third starter. Sorry. Just the facts. He may be in the 15-20 range in my official tier of running backs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So I just looked up stats and apparently in today’s offensive centric nobody can’t touch anybody or it’s a penalty NFL running backs are averaging high YPC numbers. My eyes have been opened and I’m now seeing Montgomery’s 4.5 isn’t really even that great when you look up the numbers backs are putting up now. And that’s even with this crazy run of games. To make a long story short I’m back off the bandwagon. He’s a quality bottom third starter. Sorry. Just the facts. He may be in the 15-20 range in my official tier of running backs.
The only person that cares less than I do about your bandwagon status or your "official tier of running backs" is David Montgomery.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m sorry that David Montgomery’s 24th NFL ranked yards per carry average bothers you.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Being an ISU alum myself, Montgomery is definitely the best back the Bears have ever had. I know that's a big statement, but Montgomery's pass catching ability makes him just barely edge out Neal Anderson.