Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So...if the Cubs blow this and dont make the Wild Card. What do you do with Ross?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So...if the Cubs blow this and dont make the Wild Card. What do you do with Ross?
You keep him

This team wasn’t supposed to be a playoff team and here they are going into the final 2 weeks right in the thick of it

Ross has been great at handling the bullpen and pitching staff.

I’m not sure why anyone would be questioning his job security at this point, even if the cubs collapse and miss the playoffs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ross might be on the fence if they get the boot. The O as a whole slumped when Cody started to slump.

So you could point at Ross for sticking to his vets and not letting some of the youth even get a plate appearance.

It is a hard call to be honest and either direction that Jed goes is not wrong.

I do feel that Ross is better with Vets. If Jed decides to go more youth next year he has to make a change to allow them to develop vs ride pine.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The margin between the Cubs, making the playoffs and missing the playoffs will be 1/3 of the Sunday games Ross conceded.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The margin between the Cubs, making the playoffs and missing the playoffs will be 1/3 of the Sunday games Ross conceded.
And if he had played a different lineup you’d be saying how he needs to give _______ a day off. He can’t win with some of you

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did anyone anticipate playoffs when the season started? Or even at the All star break?

Ross has made some interesting line up decisions, but I won't take away from him the fact that I don't think anyone anticipated the Cubs being in this position 4 months ago

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If we want to blame Ross for bullpen or rotation struggles we can blame hoyer for giving him shit options to work with. Complaining about wisdom and Morel should also be aimed at hoyer for having them on the roster. Wisdom was his opening day 3b option he gave Ross

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If we want to blame Ross for bullpen or rotation struggles we can blame hoyer for giving him shit options to work with. Complaining about wisdom and Morel should also be aimed at hoyer for having them on the roster. Wisdom was his opening day 3b option he gave Ross

Think Wisdom has video on Jed doing hookers and blow.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
You keep him

This team wasn’t supposed to be a playoff team and here they are going into the final 2 weeks right in the thick of it

Ross has been great at handling the bullpen and pitching staff.

I’m not sure why anyone would be questioning his job security at this point, even if the cubs collapse and miss the playoffs
Because he's actually pretty bad at managing a lineup and a bullpen.

Hitting Morel 3rd cost us a few games the last week or so.

Why would you hit your least disciplined hitter in the 3 spot? One of those Arizona games at minimum is a win if almost anyone else is in that spot.

I like Ross as a guy, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't understand lineup formation or bullpen management.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Morel being on the team isn't on Ross, but Ross is the one that hit him 3rd, is he not?

I can't really fathom another manager hitting Morel 3rd, that seems solely on Ross. I'd like to hear his logic for it I guess... who says well, I want my least disciplined hitter hitting in the most important spot in the order, the guy tasked with getting guys in from 3rd with 1 out, the guy tasked with working a walk if it's given to get more guys on base for Bellinger.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Tauchman
Hoerner
Happ
Bellinger
Swanson
Suzuki
Morel
Gomes
Mastrobuoni

That's the lineup tonight. A better move is probably Morel at 3rd base and PCA hitting 9th and playing much better defense in CF in what might be a defensive battle instead of Mastrobuoni.

I guess I'm just of the opinion that the manager should generally get stuff right, and Ross has been getting a lot of stuff wrong this month, and it's led directly to losses.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tauchman
Hoerner
Happ
Bellinger
Swanson
Suzuki
Morel
Gomes
Mastrobuoni

That's the lineup tonight. A better move is probably Morel at 3rd base and PCA hitting 9th and playing much better defense in CF in what might be a defensive battle instead of Mastrobuoni.

I guess I'm just of the opinion that the manager should generally get stuff right, and Ross has been getting a lot of stuff wrong this month, and it's led directly to losses.

I'm finding it hard to understand why Ross kept Canario out of the line up after he blew up yesterday. You have to run the hot hand over this stand.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Yep. Score 14 runs. Then switch back to what wasn't working.

This team was 95% or so to make the playoffs after game 1 in Colorado. They'll be less than 50% if they lose this game.

This is a historic collapse and Ross is making serious blunders that is making the collapse more likely.

It'd be foolish to keep someone who proved they can't handle the job down the stretch.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
6 straight hits against Steele is bad, but none of them were exit velocity above 93... bad luck, nothing more, nothing less.

Ross takes him out though. Likely another low IQ blunder from our bald moron in chief.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Yep. See, bad decision, 3 run home run.

I know some of this seems like Monday morning quarterback, but Ross is making low IQ decisions in real time that almost always burn him.

He's probably the worst game manager in all of baseball, certainly the worst the cubs have ever had, which it takes a lot to beat out Baker, but retaining him would be a mistake. So we likely will do it.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
All the momentum in the world, just scored 5 against a team we dominate, 8-6 game, perfect time to put in the cubs worst reliever over the last month.

And it’s 11-6. 3 run inning and counting.

Another great decision by our bald moron manager