Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Eh, I'm not sure it's worth it, especially since you have to give them your debit card information to subscribe on that free trial. Would they then charge me after 7 days without my consent?

They will charge you automatically when the trila ends unless you cancel first.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If J'Marcus Webb is the worst player on the Bears OL we will be okay and a lot better than last season.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If J'Marcus Webb is the worst player on the Bears OL we will be okay and a lot better than last season.

Strange, but true.

I'm still not sure how to take all the praise Garza has gotten. Does he look that good or does he look that good by comparison?

I've been screaming for a new center, but I'd happily let Garza feed me a fat crow sandwich.

Liked Posts:
Also, here are my own notes from today: http://bearsfam.com/archives/836

Slauson? I know I don't have great access to training camp in NY, up front & personal but that report doesn't sound encouraging for him. I know there's a long way to go but I really wouldn't mind if Long & Brown played well enough to win the starting Guard positions if things keep going like this report states.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Strange, but true.

I'm still not sure how to take all the praise Garza has gotten. Does he look that good or does he look that good by comparison?

I've been screaming for a new center, but I'd happily let Garza feed me a fat crow sandwich.

He is a veteran which means he is the most prepared guy and that will help him early in camp.

I also think he struggles with wearing down during the season. He is the freshest he will be right now.

But I would love for Gaza to prove me wrong. He was just pushed around too much last season for my liking.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are all reading too much into the first time the OL has had pads on in 6 months.

we are all hard on webb because if he would just get his shit together (I know its hard to do on a taco diet) we could have a beast right side running game with long and webb, brown pulling from LG with black unicorn and the beast too.......defensive nightmare.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
So... Wait. Everyone hates Mccown on one post of the same practice and another poster says he has no velocity. Damn, people get way too worked up about this. I'll reserve my judgement til Week 1. Cause none of us are ever right about the calls of the team. So, chill!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Not concerned because Bushrod earned the benefit of the doubt. Webb, in 3 years, has only earned doubt.
Explain the thaw in my thinking here.

Isn't he going up against PEP?! What would one expect?!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Slauson? I know I don't have great access to training camp in NY, up front & personal but that report doesn't sound encouraging for him. I know there's a long way to go but I really wouldn't mind if Long & Brown played well enough to win the starting Guard positions if things keep going like this report states.

I tried talking about Slauson on here a month or so ago, because I had just watched a bunch of Jets games keying on him. I wasn't impressed, but of course I got called a hater and basically stupid in terms of football knowledge.

I hope he turns it around!

nitelife

Liked Posts:
Of course it is. Bushrod gave up a QB killer type wiff and no one's concerned. That's rational because it's early. If Webb plays crap and looks out of shape when we see him play like he did in the pre last year, I'll be the 1st to blast him, just like I did last year until he caught up.

I agree, cracks me up with all this " sky is falling " whenever a player they don't like doesn't perform well. Pages of redundant comments on a Webb mistake, NO comment on a JB blunder. Also this sudden love for Long is eerily familiar to what Carimi had coming here.

Just chill'n and enjoying they are back out there working. Will be more concerned about individual performances at the end of camp when they start deciding the 53 man roster

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not concerned because Bushrod earned the benefit of the doubt. Webb, in 3 years, has only earned doubt.
Explain the thaw in my thinking here.

He hasn't been as bad as you think? I'm glad they didn't switch him for practice when Bushrod went down. Let him get comfy on the right again and with Long. It's where he belongs.