Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Me and nwfisch met Phil Emery

BQSsYHTCUAA9pjS.jpg

:tongue:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Me and nwfisch met Phil Emery

BQSsYHTCUAA9pjS.jpg

:tongue:
Just one more reason to like him. Nice that he comes around to talk to the fans.

Beats this:
58603350.jpg

Or this brain trust:
default_display_image.jpg

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm watching the 2010 Divisional Playoff game vs the Seahwaks right now. I see how bad this team has missed a receiving tightend.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who can save me a bunch of reading and just give me a summary of the practice, thanks.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
That is actually why I like Jeremy so much as a reporter. He is personable, accessible, thoughtful in his responses. Guy is just a hell of a beat writer.

Who does he write for. I am not familiar

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WOW! You are a Web fan. First you make excuses for his poor play and then you exalt him for a great block when he didn't even have anyone to block until the guard passed the rusher on to Web. I guess Web did keep the rusher in front of him for a second.
I think he must of bought a JWeeb Nation T-Shirt and is still trying to justify it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WOW! You are a Web fan. First you make excuses for his poor play and then you exalt him for a great block when he didn't even have anyone to block until the guard passed the rusher on to Web. I guess Web did keep the rusher in front of him for a second.

Not a J Webb fan really, but I do not hate him like many others on this board.

I realize that there is no better option right now to play RT so to sit here and be upset about a bad day of camp for our only real option at a position is not something I am going to do.

I would love for Jordan Mills to beat Webb out and solidify the position, but I do not think it is going to happen.

I will ask the same question to the Webb haters that I ask to the anti-Jay committee who do you want playing RT?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Via The Buccs website
"New Bucs OL Gabe Carimi played right tackle at Tuesday's minicamp session, but coach Greg Schiano believes he has the "flexibility to play somewhere else."
Carimi will undoubtedly see time at guard, but it's certainly notable that he lined up at tackle for his first Bucs practice. Carimi's most likely role will be super-sub, but this is an indication he could push RT Demar Dotson for a starting job. Schiano takes no prisoners."
Just thought some people would like to see this.

I just don't buy it. Teams always talk up their new acquisitions. We'll see what they think when he's diving at the feet of defensive ends seconds before Josh Freeman gets sacked in the regular season.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Details please?

I noticed him through practice, so once practice was over, and the crowd of people was dispersing, me and few others called "Phil", he waved and signed for everyone around us.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know its pretty much a dick move but if anyone is even remotely interested in signing up for Bear Report, today's write up was fantastic. The reason I signed up before was due to their draft and training camp coverage. It makes the other beat writers look like they aren't even trying.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Webb is going to disappoint once again this year. He was making progress at LT, but I think moving him to RT will be a huge struggle for him.

Well he's not getting any favoritism from this staff so it will be interesting. Kromer certainly seems a no nonsense guy when it comes to who he plays on his line. I love how everybody blast a reporter for a prediction after 3 practices but congratulate each other here for the same and from a whole lot less info.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
I know its pretty much a dick move but if anyone is even remotely interested in signing up for Bear Report, today's write up was fantastic. The reason I signed up before was due to their draft and training camp coverage. It makes the other beat writers look like they aren't even trying.

Is there a subscription or is it free access with sign up?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is there a subscription or is it free access with sign up?

I believe they offer a 7 day free trial. Its been a while since they got bought out by MSN so I don't know if they changed their policy but it is a paid subscription service for sure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he ends up average that would be great, but to say he has ever been average is just false. PFF ranked him the worst RT in 2010, the worst LT in 2011, and 53rd of 65 in PBE in there latest article late in 2012. Stats aren't everything, but he has never been even close to average. And the argument he was the best lineman is just silly. He absolutely was not as good as LL and everyone else on that line was awful, injured, or old. The least smelly turd does not make a good air freshener.

You gotta play to be effective. LL missed a lot of reps. I actually agree with the other big fish in a little pond part but that wasn't Webb's fault and he's always gotten more grief than those other awful, injured or old fishies. I hope somebody outplays him for a spot because I want to get better at every position but until that actually happens..... It's possible Webb is not as suited to RT as LT and needs to sit but there's no way to judge that yet.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe they offer a 7 day free trial. Its been a while since they got bought out by MSN so I don't know if they changed their policy but it is a paid subscription service for sure.

No more posting the article, eh

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well he's not getting any favoritism from this staff so it will be interesting. Kromer certainly seems a no nonsense guy when it comes to who he plays on his line. I love how everybody blast a reporter for a prediction after 3 practices but congratulate each other here for the same and from a whole lot less info.
What you're not considering is that judging a team with no less than 5 new starters on offense, 4 on defense, a new coaching staff and completely new offensive system after 3 practices is impossible. Seeing a player possibly regress in his first day in pads after 3 years of sub par play is not a knee jerk judgement. Is he the best the Bears have at RT right now, maybe, but I hope not. Could Webb play close to average this year? Possibly. Has he ever shown anything that logically makes one think he has the desire, drive, and mentality to take his physical gifts and make himself an above average to good RT, not even close. And constantly tweeting "Time to Bear Down" or "time to get to work" and then floundering doesn't count.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:

Ah. I am all for reading beat reporters work, but I have never understood the paid subscription concept. If you are a great writer then you can make just as much money via a blog with adwords and paid ads.