Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I highly doubt you will see Long at either tackle position for 2 reasons. He played LT and was very un impressive. It wasn't until he moved to LG that people started to take notice... And rightfully so. 2nd, Trestman values interior linemen more than the tackles. As long is the tackle isn't as bad as webb they are good enough.
I doubt this happens also. Just seeing the clip of him planting the d lineman today and the analysis of a strong, athletic player with a man streak says potential star RT. I just put that out there as potentially getting your 5 best on the field. As I said, it was a blue and orange glasses view of this TC.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not worried about the testing right now. If anything its early into camp and its when you want to be testing things out like this. I will be worried though if they are still doing that by this time next week.

I love that they are trying to replace Garza.

Garza was brutal last season and he is on the Olin Kreutz plan of playing his veteran card while getting beat every week.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His first year he was really bad.

But I am talking about the last couple of years where he has been totally average.

Yeah but that first year was at RT. He was more serviceable on the left.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I doubt this happens also. Just seeing the clip of him planting the d lineman today and the analysis of a strong, athletic player with a man streak says potential star RT. I just put that out there as potentially getting your 5 best on the field. As I said, it was a blue and orange glasses view of this TC.

In this system OG is going to mean more than RT which will also keep Long inside.

Long reminds me of Logan Mankins a big nasty guy who could play OT and has played it in the past but is just to strong and athletic for DTs to handle.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another thing to think about with Webb is that this is a new offense with a completely different blocking scheme. Who's the dumbest person on that side of the ball? J'Marcus. It's gonna take him longer to get acclimated than anyone else. The guy clearly has some sort of extreme ADD where he can't concentrate long enough to actually learn anything.

That's not the reason for getting beat one-on-one, but it is another thing he's going to have to deal with.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but that first year was at RT. He was more serviceable on the left.

I think his year 1 struggles had more to do with him being a rookie 7th round pick from West Texas State College of Beauty and Hair.

It will take a week or 2 to transition back and get the footwork flipped over.

Dot get me wrong we could do much better than Webb, but we could also do much worse Carimi, Scott etc.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually believe it or not its been Slauson. They have been moving people around on the 2nd line more than any other line to get them on tape I suppose. "With the second team, the coaching staff inserted Slauson at center and moved Edwin Williams to left guard. The second-team offensive line during that portion of practice was: LT Jonathan Scott, L.G. Williams, C Slauson, RG Derek Dennis, RT Eben Britton." Take that for what its worth.

Any word on everyone's favorite center, P. J. Lonergan?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thing to think about with Webb is that this is a new offense with a completely different blocking scheme. Who's the dumbest person on that side of the ball? J'Marcus. It's gonna take him longer to get acclimated than anyone else. The guy clearly has some sort of extreme ADD where he can't concentrate long enough to actually learn anything.

That's not the reason for getting beat one-on-one, but it is another thing he's going to have to deal with.

1. 1 on 1s always favor the defense. Their is no help, no run threat and no other rushers and OLmen to get in the way.

2. It is day 1 and the OL as a whole is going to take some time to come together and play better.

3. Webb is not very good this is a fact, but he is the best option at RT right now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any word on everyone's favorite center, P. J. Lonergan?

So far not even an honorable mention. Nothing in day 1 or day 2 reports had his name in it. I just re-read the day 1 closing notes and saw that they made mention of Edwin Williams playing at center on the 2nd line as well. So it appears they have been plugging in Williams first then tossed in Slauson the next day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@ZachZaidman: Kyle Long: "I get too aggressive sometimes. That is a problem. I want to go jump on people. Coach Kromer says slow it down." #Bears

I can see why they liked this guy.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bearfanfromnewjersey

I heard Carimi was looking good on one vs one drills out of Tampa
People need to get over it. He's not a Bear anymore. Who gives a flying fuck?

Thank you, and I agree!!!! Good teams makes decisions and MOVE ON. I wish some fuckin fans would do the same! We've got a ton of great things happening, in this great thread about Bears training camp, and some dooshbag fans want to complain about Carimi? WTF!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
@ZachZaidman: Kyle Long: "I get too aggressive sometimes. That is a problem. I want to go jump on people. Coach Kromer says slow it down." #Bears

I can see why they liked this guy.

Funny, that was Carimi's problem when he first got to CHI.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
My guess is they want to see if they can sneak Slauson in at C at some point because Garza right now is the weakest link on the line.

I am sure the Bears would love to go with,

Bushrod
Brown
Slauson
Long
Webb

That is their physically most intimating group.

That's exactly what I want to know about - where do we go without Garza. Slauson as the replacement center I can live with. Maybe Mills ends up at LG? Or you think he's going to end up at RT? If it is Slauson at center next year, do we have our next LG on the roster now?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea but wasn't Carimi's problem specifically that he would reach too far over his base so he would have no balance and get ragdolled?

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 27s
Bears' colorful new TE Bennett always open, for passes and conversation. "I'm like a chameleon," he says.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 46s
Henry Melton with two straight explosive pass rushes in 1-on-1 drill. Jermon Bushrod also holding his own vs. Julius Peppers. #Bears

3qkq1i.jpg

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 33s
Collins rebounds nicely on his next rush. Long showing his strength, tossed another player to the ground.

HulkSmash.jpg

Watch this video of Long tossing folks.

Laurence Holmes ‏@LaurenceWHolmes 1m
Full pads. Btw Kyle Long #75 grown man strong #Bears http://instagram.com/p/cUG68dsfKP/

Hell Yeah!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Actually believe it or not its been Slauson. They have been moving people around on the 2nd line more than any other line to get them on tape I suppose. "With the second team, the coaching staff inserted Slauson at center and moved Edwin Williams to left guard. The second-team offensive line during that portion of practice was: LT Jonathan Scott, L.G. Williams, C Slauson, RG Derek Dennis, RT Eben Britton." Take that for what its worth.
Now this is interesting, imo. With Brown and Long looking good, I started wondering if Slausen could be the odd man out. Now, I'm wondering if Garza might be. Could we see a OL of Bushrod-Brown-Slausen-Long-Webb?

Rusty Trombone

Liked Posts:
I don't think their plan is to ever move Long outside. I think they are grooming him to be a Jahri Evans type at OG.

The Bears are in a good situation now because if Webb continues to struggle they have legitimate options to put in at RT.

yeah, i agree, i doubt long moves to tackle. part of what has exposed our terrible tackle play so much is that while our tackles are feebly riding their assignments outside, cutler has no pocket to step into. in the short passing game you can get away with poor tackle play to an extent if there's a pocket to step into.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have their been any Ebben Britton sightings? Curious to see if he can salvage any of his career.