Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 49s
Kyle Long with a clean win over Nate Collins in pass pro drill

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 1m
Collins rebounds nicely on his next rush. Long showing his strength, tossed another player to the ground.
I really think Long is gonna be a fan favorite. He's nasty, man, and I predict he will be in a fight soon. I love this kid!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK, contrast that to the Webb reviews of the day and who honestly isn't thinking...OH, FUCK!!

I am not.

Media reports 3 days into camp, the Bucs haven't gone in pads yet and Webb is switching sides.

Carimi sucks and I don't need a Tampa reporter to tell me otherwise I have the 2012 season. I will go OH Fuck when Carimi starts a game for the Bucs without getting abused and benched.

I refuse to let this he another Chris Williams situation. Where we keep second guessing why a high pick sucks and keep waiting for them to come around. Carimi was bad and his attitude sucked so we got rid of him and that is what successful teams do.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'd be interested in knowing - anyone know who's been our center with the second string in camp so far?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but Carimi never relaly looked like he was going to be impressive. And with his attitude towards mini camp, I can understand why they just cut him loose. But yeah, I have very little faith in Webb on the right.

Webb needs to be what he has always been totally average. I am no expecting Webb to do his best James Big Cat impersonation.

But he will be what he always has been serviceable.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd be interested in knowing - anyone know who's been our center with the second string in camp so far?

My gueSs is Edwin Williams.

He will make the team as the back up Center because he is reliable and apparently does an exceptional job leading the scout team in practice.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For those asking about Mills, I like this kid as much as the next guy but getting the vibe he's going to be competing for a starting job next year.

Yea at this point he's a project pick. Been working with the 3rd line and gets time with the 2nd line whenever they move Kyle to the first line. I just hope he develops fast to push Webb the fuck outta here.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I would want JB, Slauson, Garza, Brown, Long for the line.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yea at this point I really hope Mills comes along quickly in his development because I am starting to get Webb flashbacks circa 2010. BTW it appears as if the coaching staff has really been toying around with the 1st team and 2nd team setups on the offensive line. More so the 2nd team than the 1st team but that doesn't surprise me that they want to get tape on the guys in different positions so they can see how they do elsewhere. I just hope they cut off the shuffle soon and let them settle into a spot or a competition for a single spot.

Insert video of Webb trying to box out a DE with his back.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea at this point he's a project pick. Been working with the 3rd line and gets time with the 2nd line whenever they move Kyle to the first line. I just hope he develops fast to push Webb the fuck outta here.

It would be nice.

But I understand moving some guys slowly. Rushing Mills could be bad for his confidence.

I just want Mills capable of pushing Jon Scott off the roster and being the swing tackle.

LT: Bushrod
LG: Slauson, Brown
C: Garza, E. Williams
RG: Long, Brown
RT: Webb, Mills

Scott Inactive

PR:

Corey Brandon
A developmental C

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he'll mesh quickly with the line and earn the starting role; I can't wait to see him vs. Ndamukong Suh.
Yes, I see some future nasty battles between these two.
:popcorn:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually believe it or not its been Slauson. They have been moving people around on the 2nd line more than any other line to get them on tape I suppose. "With the second team, the coaching staff inserted Slauson at center and moved Edwin Williams to left guard. The second-team offensive line during that portion of practice was: LT Jonathan Scott, L.G. Williams, C Slauson, RG Derek Dennis, RT Eben Britton." Take that for what its worth.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would want JB, Slauson, Garza, Brown, Long for the line.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think their plan is to ever move Long outside. I think they are grooming him to be a Jahri Evans type at OG.

The Bears are in a good situation now because if Webb continues to struggle they have legitimate options to put in at RT.

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
OK, here is may rose colored glasses look for TC. Over the next week, Brown and Long go back and forth, both looking above average to good, Webb continues to suck and the staff decides to give Long a few rep's at RT, where he proves to do quite well. By the 1st or 2nd PS game the line is solidified as JB, Slauson, Garza, Brown, Long, with Mills looking adequate as the 3rd tackle.

Yes, I am saying cut J Webb, yes I know this is unlikely. If he really treated this as his "job" and showed anything more than being a freakishly gifted large human that is incapable of translating that into a non-liability, I would say otherwise.

I just can't see him ever putting it together. Sure there will be glimpses of potential, but it will always be followed by a bone crushing brain fart. At some point you just have to cut bait.

I highly doubt you will see Long at either tackle position for 2 reasons. He played LT and was very un impressive. It wasn't until he moved to LG that people started to take notice... And rightfully so. 2nd, Trestman values interior linemen more than the tackles. As long is the tackle isn't as bad as webb they are good enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually believe it or not its been Slauson. They have been moving people around on the 2nd line more than any other line to get them on tape I suppose. "With the second team, the coaching staff inserted Slauson at center and moved Edwin Williams to left guard. The second-team offensive line during that portion of practice was: LT Jonathan Scott, L.G. Williams, C Slauson, RG Derek Dennis, RT Eben Britton." Take that for what its worth.

My guess is they want to see if they can sneak Slauson in at C at some point because Garza right now is the weakest link on the line.

I am sure the Bears would love to go with,

Bushrod
Brown
Slauson
Long
Webb

That is their physically most intimating group.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Webb needs to be what he has always been totally average. I am no expecting Webb to do his best James Big Cat impersonation.

But he will be what he always has been serviceable.
I know from your previous posts you played O-line at a high level, but to characterize Webb's play as "always been totally average" and "always been serviceable" is laughable. His most ardent supporter ( I guess besides you) would admit he was awful his 1st 2 yrs and was serviceable at best last yr. I can accept as sensible the arguement by some that he was almost average last year and still could improve, but to say he has always been average and serviceable strains your credibility.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is they want to see if they can sneak Slauson in at C at some point because Garza right now is the weakest link on the line.

I am sure the Bears would love to go with,

Bushrod
Brown
Slauson
Long
Webb

That is their physically most intimating group.

I am not worried about the testing right now. If anything its early into camp and its when you want to be testing things out like this. I will be worried though if they are still doing that by this time next week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I know from your previous posts you played O-line at a high level, but to characterize Webb's play as "always been totally average" and "always been serviceable" is laughable. His most ardent supporter ( I guess besides you) would admit he was awful his 1st 2 yrs and was serviceable at best last yr. I can accept as sensible the arguement by some that he was almost average and still could improve, but to say he has always been average and serviceable strains your credibility.

His first year he was really bad.

But I am talking about the last couple of years where he has been totally average.

Webb is not very good but he is an NFL starter and their is a reason why 2 GMs and 2 HCs have had him in the line up.

He has been the whipping boy for a terrible OL for the last coup of years when the truth is he was the best OLmen on the team the last couple of season, it is close between him and Lance.

By the 2nd exhibition game we will not be worrying about Webb as he will adjust back to the right side and to back to being totally average.