Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
My favorite quote in this is how their "rockstar GM" got him for a 6th

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=92112

Gabe Carimi’s Technique Impresses Donald Penn
July 26th, 2013
Joe doesn’t blink an eye when he types that the Bucs will have the best offensive line in football if right tackle Gabe Carimi steps up and fulfills his potential.

The 2011 Bears first-round pick was snatched by rockstar general manager Mark Dominik for a sixth-round pick last month. In Chicago, Carimi had injuries and his attitude wasn’t appreciated.

Two practices into training camp, Carimi is drawing rave reviews from Donald Penn. Drenched in an endless flow of sweat, Penn told Joe after practice today that Carimi’s skill set stands out among the Bucs’ veteran offensive line.

“He’s a great technically sound guy. He’s [got] great technique,” Penn said of Carimi. “He’s a good player. He’s going to help us out a lot. He’s very technically sound. You know, it’s hard to get that. It took me a year or two before I got my techniques down. I’m still working on my techniques.”

Again, it’s definitely noteworthy when a guy like Penn, who’s been around numerous offensive line coaches and stud linemen in his day, is impressed like this.

Now it’s time to see what happens when Carimi puts the pads on. As Penn said, “All this little pattycake stuff, we’re ready to get the real stuff tomorrow. There’ll be no more excuses.”
This is definitely the one move by Emery I have liked the least. I would rather have had him go through camp, given a good look and be cut than get a sixth for him before camp. He may suck and there may have been more to it than what is seen (ie,bad blood), but if another team had a former 1st rd RT, Outland trophy winner, that had been hampered by injury in his short 2 yr career that was finally healthy would you have liked Emery to give a sixth for him? I would have, and imagine most on here would be on his jock about another potential steal. Given the dearth of quality at RT, giving up on Carimi this early for a late round pick may have been a mistake, possibly big mistake. Passing on a sixth rd pick to give him one more shot would never be more than a "meh".

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes it is. They shouldn't have cut him. This was his make or break year and he didn't get a chance. Then again you gotta show up to OTAs when a new coach takes over

I agree. Carimi was going to be much improved this year. One year removed from the injury and one year to actually gain strength back. Like you said, by failing to show up for OTC's he fucked himself/

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to cut Webb some slack.

This is his first time in pads at RT in 3 years. It takes more than a play or 2 to adjust.

The exhibition games are what matter for Webb once he has had a chance to adjust.
Get a room already.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. Carimi was going to be much improved this year. One year removed from the injury and one year to actually gain strength back. Like you said, by failing to show up for OTC's he fucked himself/

Absolutely. His attitude failed him or his agent's advice. He could have been Skyping along with Long while he was working out in Arizona

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@ESPNChiBears: Jermon Bushrod gave Kyle Long pretty high marks after today's practice. #Bears

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Absolutely. His attitude failed him or his agent's advice. He could have been Skyping along with Long while he was working out in Arizona
There surely was several layers to this situation. Maybe he was making it all but impossible to keep him. Maybe he felt his injury was handled poorly. Maybe he felt he was hung out to dry being pushed to play while still recovering. Just don't see the real value in that trade unless the relationship was past the point of no return.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jay Taft ‏@JayTaft 27s
I'm sorry to say, but QB Jay Cutler's accuracy is off again today. Luckily WR Marshall and others making up for it. @rrstar_sports
Yes it is quite lucky the Bears have receivers that can adjust to throws not right to them, other teams should look for these qualities in their WR's to help their QB's

WTF...Frigin' idiot

DocBito831

Liked Posts:
Nor Cal born, Nor Cal raised. Orange County living
lane.gif

Now, I want a good, clean fight! LET'S GET IT ON!

Judge Mills Lane!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There surely was several layers to this situation. Maybe he was making it all but impossible to keep him. Maybe he felt his injury was handled poorly. Maybe he felt he was hung out to dry being pushed to play while still recovering. Just don't see the real value in that trade unless the relationship was past the point of no return.
Nice actual assessment. It's refreshing.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is definitely the one move by Emery I have liked the least. I would rather have had him go through camp, given a good look and be cut than get a sixth for him before camp. He may suck and there may have been more to it than what is seen (ie,bad blood), but if another team had a former 1st rd RT, Outland trophy winner, that had been hampered by injury in his short 2 yr career that was finally healthy would you have liked Emery to give a sixth for him? I would have, and imagine most on here would be on his jock about another potential steal. Given the dearth of quality at RT, giving up on Carimi this early for a late round pick may have been a mistake, possibly big mistake. Passing on a sixth rd pick to give him one more shot would never be more than a "meh".

I agree with you.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's just hope this doesn't turn into Marc Colombo over again. Reading this is as depressing as it can be for a Bears fan:

Chicago Bears (2002–2005)[edit]Colombo was selected in the first round (29th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. He spent three injury-plagued seasons with the Bears before being released after the 2005 season.

In 2002, as a rookie, Colombo was placed on injured reserve after suffering a dislocated patella and femoral nerve damage during a road game against the St. Louis Rams on November 18. He missed the entire 2003 season after being placed first on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list on August 13, and then on injured reserve. He also missed most of the 2004 season; he was finally activated from the Reserve/PUP list to the active roster on November 8, 2004. In 2005, he played in the Bears season opener; however, he was waived the next week, on September 13, 2005.

Dallas Cowboys (2005–2010)[edit]Colombo was out of football until he signed with the Dallas Cowboys on November 1, 2005. He was then inactive for his first three games with Dallas. He then played on special teams in a road game against the New York Giants, against the Kansas City Chiefs, and on the road against the Washington Redskins and then against the Rams.

In 2006, he was named the starting right tackle after training camp and started every game in one of the Cowboys most productive and efficient offensive seasons in franchise history. The offense scored 425 points (26.6 points-per-game), the fourth-most in the league. The team was second in the league in third-down efficiency (48.8%), the franchise's highest rating in that category since 1980. The team also averaged 360.8 yards-per-game in total offense, the fifth-most in the league and the most for the Cowboys since their Super Bowl XXX winning season of 1995.

In 2007, Colombo started every game at right tackle for the second consecutive year. He played a key role in one of the most successful offensive seasons in club history while helping the team to a franchise record-tying 13 wins and the first NFC East title since 1998. The offense finished the season second in the league in scoring (first in the conference) with an average of 28.4 points-per-game. The 455 points scored marked the second-most in franchise history behind only the 1983 team (479 points). With an average of 365.7 yards-per-game, the Cowboys were third in the league (second in the conference) in total offense. The team ranked fourth in the league (third in the conference) in passing with an average of 256.6 yards-per-game. In rushing, the Cowboys were 17th in the league (seventh in the conference) with an average of 109.1 yards-per-game. The offense gained 478 total yards and scored six touchdowns, which tied for the fourth-most in a season opener in franchise history against the Giants as Tony Romo threw for a season-high 336 yards. The offensive line blocked for a 100-yard rusher, Marion Barber, a 100-yard receiver, Terrell Owens and a 300-yard passer, (Tony) Romo in a road game against the Bears on September 23, for the first time since a road game against the Redskins on September 12, 1999.

On March 9, 2007, Colombo was re-signed by the Cowboys to a two-year contract worth US$7 million with a $4 million dollar signing bonus.[2]

On December 25, 2008, Columbo finalized a contract extension worth $22 million, with $11.5 million guaranteed, through the 2012 season. On November 15, 2009, in a game against the Green Bay Packers, Colombo broke his left fibula after a defensive player rolled into his leg, He made his return on January 3, 2010 against the Philadelphia Eagles which Dallas won 34–14 to advance to the second round to face the Vikings who Dallas lost to 34–3.[

Jake

Liked Posts:
I'm not so fast to think his sad performance last year was not his injury still lingering. We will see if he can resurrect himself. Personally, I think he was a double transition victim. First JA then Lovie....and not given the benefit of the doubt by piling up so much esteem on JBrown pre-pads.

It didn't help his case to spend the offseason away from his teammates, though.

That left a bad taste in the new coaching staff's mouth. They're the most important people who he should be trying to prove himself to.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No word on Mills or Scott?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Let's just hope this doesn't turn into Marc Colombo over again. Reading this is as depressing as it can be for a Bears fan:

Chicago Bears (2002–2005)[edit]Colombo was selected in the first round (29th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. He spent three injury-plagued seasons with the Bears before being released after the 2005 season.

In 2002, as a rookie, Colombo was placed on injured reserve after suffering a dislocated patella and femoral nerve damage during a road game against the St. Louis Rams on November 18. He missed the entire 2003 season after being placed first on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list on August 13, and then on injured reserve. He also missed most of the 2004 season; he was finally activated from the Reserve/PUP list to the active roster on November 8, 2004. In 2005, he played in the Bears season opener; however, he was waived the next week, on September 13, 2005.

Dallas Cowboys (2005–2010)[edit]Colombo was out of football until he signed with the Dallas Cowboys on November 1, 2005. He was then inactive for his first three games with Dallas. He then played on special teams in a road game against the New York Giants, against the Kansas City Chiefs, and on the road against the Washington Redskins and then against the Rams.

In 2006, he was named the starting right tackle after training camp and started every game in one of the Cowboys most productive and efficient offensive seasons in franchise history. The offense scored 425 points (26.6 points-per-game), the fourth-most in the league. The team was second in the league in third-down efficiency (48.8%), the franchise's highest rating in that category since 1980. The team also averaged 360.8 yards-per-game in total offense, the fifth-most in the league and the most for the Cowboys since their Super Bowl XXX winning season of 1995.

In 2007, Colombo started every game at right tackle for the second consecutive year. He played a key role in one of the most successful offensive seasons in club history while helping the team to a franchise record-tying 13 wins and the first NFC East title since 1998. The offense finished the season second in the league in scoring (first in the conference) with an average of 28.4 points-per-game. The 455 points scored marked the second-most in franchise history behind only the 1983 team (479 points). With an average of 365.7 yards-per-game, the Cowboys were third in the league (second in the conference) in total offense. The team ranked fourth in the league (third in the conference) in passing with an average of 256.6 yards-per-game. In rushing, the Cowboys were 17th in the league (seventh in the conference) with an average of 109.1 yards-per-game. The offense gained 478 total yards and scored six touchdowns, which tied for the fourth-most in a season opener in franchise history against the Giants as Tony Romo threw for a season-high 336 yards. The offensive line blocked for a 100-yard rusher, Marion Barber, a 100-yard receiver, Terrell Owens and a 300-yard passer, (Tony) Romo in a road game against the Bears on September 23, for the first time since a road game against the Redskins on September 12, 1999.

On March 9, 2007, Colombo was re-signed by the Cowboys to a two-year contract worth US$7 million with a $4 million dollar signing bonus.[2]

On December 25, 2008, Columbo finalized a contract extension worth $22 million, with $11.5 million guaranteed, through the 2012 season. On November 15, 2009, in a game against the Green Bay Packers, Colombo broke his left fibula after a defensive player rolled into his leg, He made his return on January 3, 2010 against the Philadelphia Eagles which Dallas won 34–14 to advance to the second round to face the Vikings who Dallas lost to 34–3.[
I got flamed on this theead for comparing the two.