Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 1m
Practice over. #Bears win...... On defense.

In before the haters.

The defense is always ahead of the offense.

It takes 11 players on offense to make a pass play work.

It takes 1 exceptional play by a DB or DE to make it fail.

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to cut Webb some slack.

This is his first time in pads at RT in 3 years. It takes more than a play or 2 to adjust.

The exhibition games are what matter for Webb once he has had a chance to adjust.

I would agree with you if Webb hasn't totally sucked since he entered the league.

:side note
I can ( not ) block a D line men every bit as good as Webb, I think the Bears should call me into TC to replace him. I wouldn't mind getting paid a few million for being horrible at football.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Everyone needs to cut Webb some slack.

This is his first time in pads at RT in 3 years. It takes more than a play or 2 to adjust.

The exhibition games are what matter for Webb once he has had a chance to adjust.
Maybe if he wouldn't tweet about how his "work" being dull and that he is checking out the women in the crowd and just do his job instead of constantly threatening to do his job, he would get some slack.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In before the haters.

The defense is always ahead of the offense.

It takes 11 players on offense to make a pass play work.

It takes 1 awful play by a RT to make it fail.
Fixed

Liked Posts:
My favorite quote in this is how their "rockstar GM" got him for a 6th

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=92112

Gabe Carimi’s Technique Impresses Donald Penn
July 26th, 2013
Joe doesn’t blink an eye when he types that the Bucs will have the best offensive line in football if right tackle Gabe Carimi steps up and fulfills his potential.

The 2011 Bears first-round pick was snatched by rockstar general manager Mark Dominik for a sixth-round pick last month. In Chicago, Carimi had injuries and his attitude wasn’t appreciated.

Two practices into training camp, Carimi is drawing rave reviews from Donald Penn. Drenched in an endless flow of sweat, Penn told Joe after practice today that Carimi’s skill set stands out among the Bucs’ veteran offensive line.

“He’s a great technically sound guy. He’s [got] great technique,” Penn said of Carimi. “He’s a good player. He’s going to help us out a lot. He’s very technically sound. You know, it’s hard to get that. It took me a year or two before I got my techniques down. I’m still working on my techniques.”

Again, it’s definitely noteworthy when a guy like Penn, who’s been around numerous offensive line coaches and stud linemen in his day, is impressed like this.

Now it’s time to see what happens when Carimi puts the pads on. As Penn said, “All this little pattycake stuff, we’re ready to get the real stuff tomorrow. There’ll be no more excuses.”

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

July 26th, 2013
Joe doesn’t blink an eye when he types that the Bucs will have the best offensive line in football if right tackle Gabe Carimi steps up and fulfills his potential.

The 2011 Bears first-round pick was snatched by rockstar general manager Mark Dominik for a sixth-round pick last month. In Chicago, Carimi had injuries and his attitude wasn’t appreciated.

Two practices into training camp, Carimi is drawing rave reviews from Donald Penn. Drenched in an endless flow of sweat, Penn told Joe after practice today that Carimi’s skill set stands out among the Bucs’ veteran offensive line.

“He’s a great technically sound guy. He’s [got] great technique,” Penn said of Carimi. “He’s a good player. He’s going to help us out a lot. He’s very technically sound. You know, it’s hard to get that. It took me a year or two before I got my techniques down. I’m still working on my techniques.”

Again, it’s definitely noteworthy when a guy like Penn, who’s been around numerous offensive line coaches and stud linemen in his day, is impressed like this.

Now it’s time to see what happens when Carimi puts the pads on. As Penn said, “All this little pattycake stuff, we’re ready to get the real stuff tomorrow. There’ll be no more excuses.”

This isn't really going to happen is it?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

July 26th, 2013

Wow. Too bad for us.
Good Luck Gabe when you get to show your mean streak.....too bad it wasnt next to K Long on OUR LINE

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Enjoyable reading today in this thread without all the BS of yesterday. Thanks to everyone for posting tweets and the video links. Good stuff!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the update Name Goes Here
.....and thanks to all for a great thread on the Beloved

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enjoyable reading today in this thread without all the BS of yesterday. Thanks to everyone for posting tweets and the video links. Good stuff!

Agreed. Thanks for all the posting of the tweets. Good info.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So did cutler throw a pick today?

I will say no, since no reporter tweeted about one. Believe me, we would have heard about it. Blanchard threw one

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Webb dominated that rep.

Hopefully, Webb shows us all why management annointed him inheritor of the RT position, after BushRod's arrival.
Nobody's perfect. I think cutting Webb a little slack until he works off this summer's TacoFest is OK by me.
(( But I still felt Carimi was lost in the double transition ))