Day 3 Training Camp Tweets, Twats, and arguments...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Mick, Mills has just been working with the 2nd team and nothing specifically mentioned about him thus far.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It almost seems like Webb is better at LT than RT. He was terrible at RT is 2010, and had some good spells of solid play last year on the left side.

Maybe he's better being the swing tackle. I hope Mills pans out to be a capable starter.

Rusty Trombone

Liked Posts:
My favorite quote in this is how their "rockstar GM" got him for a 6th

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=92112

Gabe Carimi’s Technique Impresses Donald Penn
July 26th, 2013
Joe doesn’t blink an eye when he types that the Bucs will have the best offensive line in football if right tackle Gabe Carimi steps up and fulfills his potential.

The 2011 Bears first-round pick was snatched by rockstar general manager Mark Dominik for a sixth-round pick last month. In Chicago, Carimi had injuries and his attitude wasn’t appreciated.

Two practices into training camp, Carimi is drawing rave reviews from Donald Penn. Drenched in an endless flow of sweat, Penn told Joe after practice today that Carimi’s skill set stands out among the Bucs’ veteran offensive line.

“He’s a great technically sound guy. He’s [got] great technique,” Penn said of Carimi. “He’s a good player. He’s going to help us out a lot. He’s very technically sound. You know, it’s hard to get that. It took me a year or two before I got my techniques down. I’m still working on my techniques.”

Again, it’s definitely noteworthy when a guy like Penn, who’s been around numerous offensive line coaches and stud linemen in his day, is impressed like this.

Now it’s time to see what happens when Carimi puts the pads on. As Penn said, “All this little pattycake stuff, we’re ready to get the real stuff tomorrow. There’ll be no more excuses.”

yeah, i dont believe it, seems like he's just blowing smoke. gabe's problem in the first place was terrible technique. he didnt stay low, and he reached a ton, being used to overpowering lesser talent in college. this is what our coaching staff saw and why they felt comfortable letting him go... if his knee is actually better, he's still got a ton of work to go. why not just start over with a guy like mills?

just because he's pulling some training camp superman bullshit doesnt mean he's magically fixed his game this past offseason.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
@adamspeaks 1m

I also thought Shea McClellin not only didn't look slower w/ his minimally added bulk but maybe faster. No loss in step

@adamspeaks 4m

Couple quick notes from practice: 1) Kyle Long is a freak, and 2) Corey Wootton murdered J'Marcus Webb 1-on-1 literally all day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@ESPNChiBears: Great stuff from DT Nate Collins on 1-on-1 pass rushing drill. Called Kyle Long "very strong" with the emphasis on very. #Bears

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea at this point I really hope Mills comes along quickly in his development because I am starting to get Webb flashbacks circa 2010. BTW it appears as if the coaching staff has really been toying around with the 1st team and 2nd team setups on the offensive line. More so the 2nd team than the 1st team but that doesn't surprise me that they want to get tape on the guys in different positions so they can see how they do elsewhere. I just hope they cut off the shuffle soon and let them settle into a spot or a competition for a single spot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It almost seems like Webb is better at LT than RT. He was terrible at RT is 2010, and had some good spells of solid play last year on the left side.

Maybe he's better being the swing tackle. I hope Mills pans out to be a capable starter.
A swing tackle is a player that can play at an efficient level at either RT or LT. Webb is more a swung tackle( as in swung and missed), one that cannot play either position well.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

I think Webb is going to disappoint once again this year. He was making progress at LT, but I think moving him to RT will be a huge struggle for him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A swing tackle is a player that can play at an efficient level at either RT or LT. Webb is more a swung tackle( as in swung and missed), one that cannot play either position well.

I know but at least he would only be playing occasionally.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Webb is going to disappoint once again this year. He was making progress at LT, but I think moving him to RT will be a huge struggle for him.

I'm thinking the same.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A swung tackle :harden::kermit::farley:

DocBito831

Liked Posts:
Nor Cal born, Nor Cal raised. Orange County living
Via The Buccs website
"New Bucs OL Gabe Carimi played right tackle at Tuesday's minicamp session, but coach Greg Schiano believes he has the "flexibility to play somewhere else."
Carimi will undoubtedly see time at guard, but it's certainly notable that he lined up at tackle for his first Bucs practice. Carimi's most likely role will be super-sub, but this is an indication he could push RT Demar Dotson for a starting job. Schiano takes no prisoners."
Just thought some people would like to see this.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
OK, here is may rose colored glasses look for TC. Over the next week, Brown and Long go back and forth, both looking above average to good, Webb continues to suck and the staff decides to give Long a few rep's at RT, where he proves to do quite well. By the 1st or 2nd PS game the line is solidified as JB, Slauson, Garza, Brown, Long, with Mills looking adequate as the 3rd tackle.

Yes, I am saying cut J Webb, yes I know this is unlikely. If he really treated this as his "job" and showed anything more than being a freakishly gifted large human that is incapable of translating that into a non-liability, I would say otherwise.

I just can't see him ever putting it together. Sure there will be glimpses of potential, but it will always be followed by a bone crushing brain fart. At some point you just have to cut bait.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just can't see him ever putting it together. Sure there will be glimpses of potential, but it will always be followed by a bone crushing brain fart. At some point you just have to cut bait.

I can certainly relate to that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Via The Buccs website
"New Bucs OL Gabe Carimi played right tackle at Tuesday's minicamp session, but coach Greg Schiano believes he has the "flexibility to play somewhere else."
Carimi will undoubtedly see time at guard, but it's certainly notable that he lined up at tackle for his first Bucs practice. Carimi's most likely role will be super-sub, but this is an indication he could push RT Demar Dotson for a starting job. Schiano takes no prisoners."
Just thought some people would like to see this.
OK, contrast that to the Webb reviews of the day and who honestly isn't thinking...OH, FUCK!!

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK, contrast that to the Webb reviews of the day and who uhonestly isn't thinking...FUCK!!

Agreed, but Carimi never relaly looked like he was going to be impressive. And with his attitude towards mini camp, I can understand why they just cut him loose. But yeah, I have very little faith in Webb on the right.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This made me lol. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
For those asking about Mills, I like this kid as much as the next guy but getting the vibe he's going to be competing for a starting job next year.