Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I mean, you can disagree but it's an actual fact that he doesn't have good long speed. "Being caught from behind" means nothing. That's all about angles and stamina. Nobody from the Texans caught Montgomery from behind on the 80 yard TD, and he's a 4.6 guy. Budda Baker, a 4.45 guy, famously got caught by DK from behind.

Everything else you said, I basically agree with and said I wasn't really worried about it in the very post you quoted.
What are you defining as long speed? I take it as speed and ability to maintain speed after you are at top speed. I would say that short burst stamina is a vital component of long speed. And not sure there are any "facts" that he doesn't have a good amount of it. In fact any little bit of evidence points to the opposite, there is no film of him losing ground to a pursuer on a long TD run and his speed after initial acceleration is comparable to top speed NFL players.

And i agree I am not worried about his speed, just wondering what is the root of this narrative. All a reporter would need to do is compare his late split times to others to see his he lacks elite acceleration , not the top end break away speed.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you defining as long speed? I take it as speed and ability to maintain speed after you are at top speed. I would say that short burst stamina is a vital component of long speed. And not sure there are any "facts" that he doesn't have a good amount of it. In fact any little bit of evidence points to the opposite, there is no film of him losing ground to a pursuer on a long TD run and his speed after initial acceleration is comparable to top speed NFL players.

And i agree I am not worried about his speed, just wondering what is the root of this narrative. All a reporter would need to do is compare his late split times to others to see his he lacks elite acceleration , not the top end break away speed.
This is where GPS would come in handy, actual top speed and how long the player maintains that speed instead of how long it takes to run a certain distance.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
He's no tyreek Hill but man this kid is a baller I really like his game.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
He’s like a poor man’s Deebo Samuel/Golden Tate/DJ Moore combo. I think he could be pretty damn solid for us.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His athletic numbers are EXTREMELY poor. Maybe he was just having a bad day...

Dazz Newsome - MockDraftable

But his #’s compare to Jamison Crowder, who’s had a good career. Robert Woods as well, who is a top tier slot reciever.

awesome website

so Fields is in the top 5 fastest 40 times for QBs drafted since 99? damn

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people are starting to forget that Dazz was a 6th round pick. That was not a huge investment by Pace. It's a flyer on a guy that may be able to help add depth to the slot WR and hopefully be able to contribute to special teams.
This draft was stacked at slot WR too - he is definitely a prospect but I think makes the roster because of his PR ability. And with the limited amount of picks they had in 2021, it was absolutely an investment.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This draft was stacked at slot WR too - he is definitely a prospect but I think makes the roster because of his PR ability. And with the limited amount of picks they had in 2021, it was absolutely an investment.
This and it became obvious this offseason that the staff was dissatisfied with production from the slot.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mooney could be good.

The others are nothing special. Kmet maybe could be decent, but I didn't get the same vibe as I got from Mooney.
The rb room is pretty deep and diverse with Montgomery, Williams, Cohen and Herbert

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney could be good.

The others are nothing special. Kmet maybe could be decent, but I didn't get the same vibe as I got from Mooney.
I feel like kmet was severely hamstrung by his quarterbacks. The play calling was shit too for the majority of the season.

Mooney left about 150 or so yards on the field and at least one touchdown because of the same shit quarterback l play. He also only really started later in the season around week 7. I think he’s gonna to be good. Surprised if he doesn’t get to 900-1000 yards and 5-6 tds this year

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I feel like kmet was severely hamstrung by his quarterbacks. The play calling was shit too for the majority of the season.

Mooney left about 150 or so yards on the field and at least one touchdown because of the same shit quarterback l play. He also only really started later in the season around week 7. I think he’s gonna to be good. Surprised if he doesn’t get to 900-1000 yards and 5-6 tds this year
I'm hoping we utilize the TE jet sweep more frequently this year

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The QB's left about 400yds on the field with Mooney